Newbie Here Got any tips or tricks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Here Got any tips or tricks?

New to TG and WOW. How about some quick words of advice for this newbie and those to come.

Fletching --- Hunter

Druid, possibly to come!
    Last edited by kurtisevan; 07-28-2006, 10:38 PM.

Re: Newbie Here, Got any tips or tricks?

Originally posted by kurtisevan
    New to TG and WOW. How about some quick words of advice for this newbie and those to come.

Fletching --- Hunter

Druid, possibly to come!
    1. Look through our strategy and tactics forum.
    2. Read the various class guides on the Blizzard site.
    3. Keep up with your class forum(s) on the Blizzard site.
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Re: Newbie Here Got any tips or tricks?

hmmm...tough one...read into your spell trees (specs, hit the letter "N") and see which way you'd like to play...ask another of your class why they chose their spec (you can redo it later if you don't like it, for gold of coarse)

and definitely check WoW/Blizzard's forums for the class...they are noobish at times, but some decent ideas pop up from those.

Comment

Visit Thottbot and Allakhazam and take a look at what you might want and where to get it. I suggest splitting your time between running instances in Pick Up Groups (the occasional guild run is nice, but focus on PUGs for the experience) and solo questing. Try to avoid the grind as much as possible because a different strategy is used for solo question, solo grinding, group running, and raiding. If you focus too much on one aspect of the game, you'll be caught unprepared for the other aspects.

For your leather wearing era (level 1-39) you want to focus first on Agility and second on Stamina. Gear that's 'of the monkey' is very good for hunters. Make sure to check out this site for your pet info as well. Pet skills are, saddly, like pokemon: Gotta catch 'em all.

Once you hit level 40 you'll start wearing mail and doing more instance running. You want to still focus on agility, but phase out some of your stamina for intelligence because they're equally important.

And yeah, like Crebis said plan ahead with what you want to end up with. Some people say that running with one spec will help you level faster, but I believe the more practice and experience you have with your spec the better you'll do with it in the end.
        My sanity is not in question...
        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

I would strongly suggest that you hit your class leader up for some class-specific hints and tricks of the trade. Also, having some gold in your pocket will make your expenses be a little less stressful.

Bookmark Thottbot.com to use for questing. If you need a drop or need to kill X of Bad Guy Y, you can use thottbot's maps to make sure you're in the right place, and killing the right guys.

Also, consider your professions. Make sure you're leveling them as you level your toon. It'll be easiest that way.

Welcome to Tactical Gamer, and World of Warcraft! Now you're part of the family (much to YOUR family's dismay).

Comment

My favorite tip, and least followed, is this:

READ READ READ READ READ

Blizzard has tossed a CRAP LOAD of information to help the casual gamer learn how to play without resorting to the manuel (which is out of date anyhow) or any help from other players. You just have to pay attention and read the instructions and blaringly obvious hints given.

Example: As you train a profession your trainer has a small chance to tell you "You might want to talk to <npcname> in <location>. I hear they know how to make <nameofpurchaseablepattern>" and definately pay attention when they say "I cannot teach you any more. You should talk to <npcname> in <location> to learn more about <profession>". Its such an annoying question for people to ask where to go to get the next rank of training when the trainer tells you who and where you should go.

Also, if the quest information says to kill X creature for Y item at Z location, then you probably want to go to Z location to kill X creature for Y item. I know that sounds obvious, but you'd be surprised how many people kill the wrong mob in the wrong location and complain over general that the drop rate (0%) sucks.
            My sanity is not in question...
            It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Also, don't bother with the Brady Games Strategy Guide. It's miserably out of date. Reading the paladin section made me cry a little.

Comment

Good advice, all. The only thing I would add is to find a few friends at your level, whether they be in TG or not, and quest with them as much as possible. Your friends list is your best friend!

Oh, and get on teamspeak ASAP, if not already.

Comment

Just to add....

The worldofwarcraft class forums have a ton of guides and links to help you play your class. I would suggest going there and reading some of those guides as they have a ton of helpful links to other websites. And if you are ever unsure of how to play a certain situation.....Just ask one of the other people in your class.....nothing beats experience. :)

Happy Hunting!!
                  "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X