Dragonlance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragonlance

WOOHOO!!! They are FINALLY making an animated movie about the Chronicles. I'm so excited as most of you prolly could guess seeing as my char names tend to "resemble" DL chars names. Check it out here http://www.dragonlance-movie.com/movie/

Re: Dragonlance

Kiefer Sutherland is voicing Raistlin! (And Michelle Trachtenberg is Tika. Interesting). Thanks for the link!
    ---
    Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

I've got mixed feelings about this.

If it was live action you know it'd be a B rated movie, but have enough cult appeal to maybe squeeze into the independant film nitch. It sure wouldn't be A cut material with a named studio since they don't do risky high fantasy.

Animated you have even more problems because a lot of studios do animation and very few of them do movie quality work. I mean, there is a HUGE jump in production value when you compare animated films like "Spounge Bob the Movie" and "Ghost in a Shall". I wouldn't trust any studio outside of Japan to do any quality 2D work since the track record for it is just plain awful or so 'unique' to be a nitch of its own and not do justice to the epic story of the books.

Anyhow, the movie will be done by an Indian animation studio with little exposure or renown in the field of movies (most of their work I could see is obscure or children's TV). Snagging the comic artist for the character cels was a nice move, but I still can't get the feeling that for all the depth the books had the movie will have a washed out "for children" feel to it.
      My sanity is not in question...
      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

I'm still so excited i can hardly sit still. I've been waiting for a movie since i started reading DL about 18 years ago. This is so awsome!

Comment

Ya it's been forever since I read them. My son isreading teh young readers version of teh first one now. But I know I was addicted.
          "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X