Onyxia Cloaks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onyxia Cloaks?

Since we are having more discussions about doing BWL and Ony is on farm status, are we starting to make these for the appropriate classes. And could we get a count of people who have the cloak to give us an idea of how many we actually need. Just a suggestion.
    "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Re: Onyxia Cloaks?

I know that a number of people have one already and there was an initial 7 made with scales from our Ony runs. Not sure how many more scales we have on hand.

It takes 25x[item]Runecloth[/item], 1x[item]Essence of Fire[/item], and 1x[item]Rune Thread[/item] to make the [item]Cindercloth Cloak[/item]. And to turn that into the [item]Onyxia Scale Cloak[/item] its just 1 scale and another thread.
    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
    Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
    ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

My mage can make the cindercloth cloaks and i believe she may have a few on hand if so who do you want me to send them too?

And Ricca has the onyxia cloak as well
      Candrice 63 Warrior
      Ricca 70 Rogue
      Machelle 70 Mage
      Enya 74 Druid

Comment

If we do this, let's make sure they pass through one of our enchanters to put the +7 FR on it. That is a cheap enchant

Comment

Shiro made the other Ony cloaks. He's currently in Japan for a little while, but he has posted - not sure if he has access to WoW or not to log in and make the cloaks for us or not. I'd hold off on sending anything to him until he's back or we hear from him.

I can also make the Cindercloth cloaks. I already have an Ony cloak as well.
          Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

Yes getting the +7 enchant is much more cost effective than the +15.
            Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

Chancester can put the +15 FR on them if need be. It is pricey though.

Just need the mats of 3 Nexus Crystals, 8 Large Brilliant Shards, and 4 Essence of Fire
              Lub it on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pistos
                Shiro made the other Ony cloaks. He's currently in Japan for a little while, but he has posted - not sure if he has access to WoW or not to log in and make the cloaks for us or not. I'd hold off on sending anything to him until he's back or we hear from him.

I can also make the Cindercloth cloaks. I already have an Ony cloak as well.
                Yes the dorf can log onto WoW, he does it daily to harass me!

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

Could we also get a priority list for this from an officer?

And I know the officers have a lot on their plate so if you need someone to coordinate making and distributing the cloaks I'd be happy to help with that. Just let me know. :D
                  "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

While I agree we need to get people their Ony cloaks, there are a few points that make it not be so urgent.

1. The FR is nice, but the effect the cloak gives isn't needed until the 4th boss in BWL.

2. Shadowflame (the ability that the cloak saves you from getting its DoT component) is on a timer, CTRA warns you of it, easily avoided.

3. The list of people who will actually be getting hit by Shadowflame is very short (tanks). If you do get hit by it, even with your cloak on, you're likely dead.

4. At least as a healer, I actually wore my +healing cape to get every edge I could. This most likely holds true for other classes (don't gimp stats for resists)

Vaelastraz (2nd boss in BWL) is the exception for gimping stats for FR, so I could see focusing on getting cloaks to all for this fight. Perhaps the officers bring the cloaks on the raid, and hand them out to people lacking in FR.

Comment

i always wear my Ony cloak for the 3 drakes and Nef of course. No matter what class you are, you'll need it. When i have it on and get hit by shadowflam i survive it long enough to get my health back up. So it's definately worth having for all classes : )
                      Thunderhorn:
                      70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
                      70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
                      70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
                      70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
                      70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
                      70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
                      70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
                      Gilneas:
                      50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Comment

Its definitely worth having, we should all have one eventually, I'm just trying to say its not as big a deal as it seems at first. I still contend if you are getting hit by Shadowflame, you or the raid are doing something wrong (tanks of course are exempt).

Comment

From when we start BWL to the time we hit Firemaw, we will have downed Ony enough times to get enough scales to equip a full 40 man raid.

Patience.

Comment

I know I'd love one. I'd be willing to buy my own essence of fire and runecloth.
                            "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Ark,

My intent was not to rush but just to be prepared and I wasn't sure if they were being made so just wanted info on what the stats was. Also, just wanted to get the ball rolling if it wasn't already.

I know in time everyone will have one.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X