08/06 Mc Raid Signup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08/06 Mc Raid Signup

Okay... three hunters signed up, a couple in que... I go to sign up and it puts me IN QUE. Yes, yes, I know... its an ongoing problem. However, that doesnt make me any less pissified. Its highly annoying and truely unnecessary.

I know I know.... its been that way since the last upgrade. And? If someone places themselves in que and there are still open slots for that class... Someone signing up for an open spot should still get that slot... Period.

Oh yeah.. I dont wanna hear any excuses, so spare them in a reply.
    Lead, Follow or get out of my way

Re: 08/06 Mc Raid Signup

I bumped you up.

Comment

Actually, you shouldn't. Its working as intended and just fine as is if you think about it.

People who may/may not make it have two options:
      1) Place themselves into the que with a note saying they may make it
      2) Place themselves into the main sign up knowing they may not make it

If you bump people up and people can take your place if you sign up on the que then you encourage people who know they can't make it to sign up on the main list. Why? Well because if they somehow do make it then they get a spot, but if they don't make it the raid leader could always pick someone else online or on the que.

If you leave those spots empty then it follows the 'first come first served' logic. You may have signed up for the que, but you did sign up before other people so you're first on the que. That way when it comes time to pick up people for the raid from the que you're first in line in case you did make it, then it moves down the list of when people signed up.

In fact, if you bump people up in the que because of this problem you potentially slight people who signed up after all the spots were full and were automatically placed in the que.

Kinda sends the message "First person to complain gets a spot in the raid!"

And to the arguement "But they left the main list and I want a sure spot!!!" you have to consider this: If you're third on the que and the first two people put themselves there because they 'might' make it, then if they don't make it you have a sure spot. Its the same as if those two people signed up on the main list and you were first in the que and they didn't show up.
      My sanity is not in question...
      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

ddoof.. there were 3 people IN the raid.. and 2 people in the queue.. therefor the site thinks there are 5 hunters with a cap of 5 hunters... if u signup and get pushed into queue.. it is because there are people IN the queue before u... nobody that signs up AFTER you is ever going to beable to sneak in front of you... so people that are making threads saying the signup site is broke... it ISNT... nobody will be able to pass u up in the raid.... the site REQUIRES officer interaction to make things right... PERIOD... when the raid is forming.. the leader will bump anyone that needs to be bumped due to the glitch we see here...
        powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Lets follow that spiel with a niffty example!

On Thursday's AQ20 run I signed up 2nd out of 3 hunters when the listing came out. Then I was told I was on call Thursday and I might have to leave for work during the raid. Being the 'nice guy' I was I dropped out of the main list and resigned up first on the que so there were 2 out of 3 in main list and me in the que with the note I might not make it due to work.

Come Thursday I check the sign ups to find someone signed up after me and was bumped from the que into the main list to fill the raid. I, luckily, didn't get called in, but the raid was full and I lost my spot.

Here's the million gold situation: If I left myself on the main list knowing I might not make it I would've been assured a spot on the raid and been able to go since I showed up. However, since I intentionally left the main list because I may not make it I lost my spot to someone who signed up after me and bugged an officer to bump them.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth
            Might have to work. :(
            ^^^^^your comment on the raid signup site... that is the OK to bump someone AFTER you to the raid list

an officer manually bumped that person because u had a note saying that u were on call
            powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Good point, Tarenth. I didn't bump you up into the main list on tonight's raid because I wasn't sure if you were working or not. I also didn't put anyone in that spot, to keep the spot open in the event you show, and fill it with the queue if you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Chair
                ^^^^^your comment on the raid signup site... that is the OK to bump someone AFTER you to the raid list

an officer manually bumped that person because u had a note saying that u were on call

Actually the note that its okay to bump someone after you onto the main raid list is a lot easier to see and recognize...

You just don't sign up. ;)

Anything else you should probably consider those ques "I'd like to go and I might make it". You know what? If they don't make it you get the same spot on the list sitting in the que that you would getting bumped ahead. Except if the person who qued before them does show up, they don't lose their spot.

Comment

And a good portion of that is just silly. If they MIGHT make it and they are in que and I KNOW I am goign to make... not HOPE I am goingto make it, then I should get a spot not a maybe.

Actually, you shouldn't. Its working as intended and just fine as is if you think about it.

People who may/may not make it have two options:
                  1) Place themselves into the que with a note saying they may make it
                  2) Place themselves into the main sign up knowing they may not make it

If you bump people up and people can take your place if you sign up on the que then you encourage people who know they can't make it to sign up on the main list. Why? Well because if they somehow do make it then they get a spot, but if they don't make it the raid leader could always pick someone else online or on the que.

If you leave those spots empty then it follows the 'first come first served' logic. You may have signed up for the que, but you did sign up before other people so you're first on the que. That way when it comes time to pick up people for the raid from the que you're first in line in case you did make it, then it moves down the list of when people signed up.

In fact, if you bump people up in the que because of this problem you potentially slight people who signed up after all the spots were full and were automatically placed in the que.

Kinda sends the message "First person to complain gets a spot in the raid!"

And to the arguement "But they left the main list and I want a sure spot!!!" you have to consider this: If you're third on the que and the first two people put themselves there because they 'might' make it, then if they don't make it you have a sure spot. Its the same as if those two people signed up on the main list and you were first in the que and they didn't show up.

Comment

Someone in que doesnt have a spot anyway. they have a maybe ONLY IF PEOPLE SIGNED UP DONT SHOW and/or spots need to be filled. Therefore, if someone KNOWS they are going to show, they shiould auto get the spot.

Now, we can go around and around on this, but I will never agree. And wehn I know I am going to make it, I want the spot when i try to sign up for it I dont want a que.

Actually the note that its okay to bump someone after you onto the main raid list is a lot easier to see and recognize...

You just don't sign up. ;)

Anything else you should probably consider those ques "I'd like to go and I might make it". You know what? If they don't make it you get the same spot on the list sitting in the que that you would getting bumped ahead. Except if the person who qued before them does show up, they don't lose their spot.

Comment

Yeah, the main confusion and why people throw hissy fits is basically because queue is so very British in its definition.

Basically a queue is a line where the first person in is the first person served etc etc. For the raid sign ups the queue is an extention of the listing to show who was the next to sign up and thus will probably 'get served' if those in the original listing leave the line.

If you're getting placed further down the line its because people signed up and got in line before you. Just because they intentionally placed themselves 6th or further down because they want other people to get first shot doesn't really mean someone who signed up 9th can cut in front of them.

Anyhow, to sum it all up in a 'Luna quality' nutshell:

1) Please don't bump people, its working as intended
                      2) Really wish there was some way to edit/move from first list to queue without losing your place in line. But I guess that's coming
                      3) Don't get all angry and throw a fit if you're placed in the queue, the system is 'first come first serve' and you just signed up after other people.

Comment

!. OMG STOP IT!
                        2. If this is working as intended, then <wave> bye

Yeah, the main confusion and why people throw hissy fits is basically because queue is so very British in its definition.

Basically a queue is a line where the first person in is the first person served etc etc. For the raid sign ups the queue is an extention of the listing to show who was the next to sign up and thus will probably 'get served' if those in the original listing leave the line.

If you're getting placed further down the line its because people signed up and got in line before you. Just because they intentionally placed themselves 6th or further down because they want other people to get first shot doesn't really mean someone who signed up 9th can cut in front of them.

Anyhow, to sum it all up in a 'Luna quality' nutshell:

1) Please don't bump people, its working as intended
                        2) Really wish there was some way to edit/move from first list to queue without losing your place in line. But I guess that's coming
                        3) Don't get all angry and throw a fit if you're placed in the queue, the system is 'first come first serve' and you just signed up after other people.

Comment

Originally posted by doofeey
                          !. OMG STOP IT!
                          2. If this is working as intended, then <wave> bye
                          Doofey,

I'm not really sure what your issue is? It sounds to me like you're looking for some kind of guarantee that you'll be in the raid. To the best of my knowledge, no one has that kind of assurance short of the raid leader. If you're in the queue then you're in the queue. If the people that are in the queue in front of you don't show then guess what, you're in! Either way, you have as much chance to get into a raid as anyone else.

I haven't been here that long but I'm fairly certian you don't have any more right to be in a raid than anyone else. Personally I find your "<wave> bye" insulting. If you're will to consider leaving a guild as good as TG is over something this trivial than that's truly dissappointing.
                          “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

No, my issue is with a system that is now doing something that it didnt do before... Namely when you try to sign up it puts in que instead of signing you up. Now, that is not hard to understand. But, where one officer says its been a problem since the patch and another says its working as intended, it sounds like the officers need to get together and decide what the guild is going to be told. AND, if the new way it is working is how the guild leaders want it to work, INFORM the guild of this fact.

I want no special consideration. Ive not asked for any. I want the system to work they way I was told it was supposed to work (and if the way it is supposed to work is the way it works now then I want to be told that by Crebis or Luna).

Its pretty simple.

If I were leaving the guild, it would be quite clear and there would be no covert operation behind it. I'd certainly not apply to another guild on the qt and act as though everything was just hunkey dorey with me in TG. I do not operate that way. I dint come to TG in that fashion and If I choose to leave it, I wont leave it that way either. As others have done... So, if I do choose to leave, it will be quite clear.

Originally posted by TG_Bear
                            Doofey,

I'm not really sure what your issue is? It sounds to me like you're looking for some kind of guarantee that you'll be in the raid. To the best of my knowledge, no one has that kind of assurance short of the raid leader. If you're in the queue then you're in the queue. If the people that are in the queue in front of you don't show then guess what, you're in! Either way, you have as much chance to get into a raid as anyone else.

I haven't been here that long but I'm fairly certian you don't have any more right to be in a raid than anyone else. Personally I find your "<wave> bye" insulting. If you're will to consider leaving a guild as good as TG is over something this trivial than that's truly dissappointing.

Comment

Unless I'm missing something it only puts you in a queue if all the raid slots are full. At least that's how it's always worked for me. I do know editing is a problem because it moves you from the raid to the queue.

As for the second issue, I'm not sure how "If this is working as intended, then <wave> bye" can be interpreted as anything other than a threat?
                              “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X