Another DKP mistake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another DKP mistake

I noticed that the DKP earned from last night's Onyxia raid is not correct. It's listed as 3.20, but it should be 4.06.

42 + 42 + 40 + 18 = 142
    142 / 35 = 4.06

Is there some way that the total earned DKP can be automated by the website? I can't imagine it would be too hard to just have the web script calculate the total when a chunk of loot is inputted, and that would obviously reduce the possibility of errors. Just a thought.
    Ninja

Re: Another DKP mistake

Originally posted by msheahen View Post
    Is there some way that the total earned DKP can be automated by the website? I can't imagine it would be too hard to just have the web script calculate the total when a chunk of loot is inputted, and that would obviously reduce the possibility of errors. Just a thought.
    Nope. Unless you wanna script it.

I'm sure it's possible but it would add an extra process to the Database every time someone tried to see the listing of a page, which is unnecessary. There was something else that needed to be done for that raid anyways, so it will be fixed.

You can always PM me with these sorts of issues. They don't need to be put on these forums, I'll see them easier with a PM as it will pop up on my screen when I log into the website.
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf View Post
      I'm sure it's possible but it would add an extra process to the Database every time someone tried to see the listing of a page, which is unnecessary. There was something else that needed to be done for that raid anyways, so it will be fixed.
      Not if your database is in Boyce-Codd normal form. In that case, you add a single server-side operation at post time when the data is read. Since the data would be read anyways, all you'd require is a triple theta-join on three tables: one for raid loot, one for players present and one for DKP costs. Then one line of code could figure out the DKP for each raid, and a clever database designer could intelligently denormalize the resultant dataset for display in one fell swoop.

Anyhow, maybe one day I'll write a DKP system if I'm bored. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Arkamis View Post
        Not if your database is in Boyce-Codd normal form. In that case, you add a single server-side operation at post time when the data is read. Since the data would be read anyways, all you'd require is a triple theta-join on three tables: one for raid loot, one for players present and one for DKP costs. Then one line of code could figure out the DKP for each raid, and a clever database designer could intelligently denormalize the resultant dataset for display in one fell swoop.

Anyhow, maybe one day I'll write a DKP system if I'm bored. :D
        Hmmm...having you write a DKP system would probably be faster than having you explain what you just said!:)
        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

I think the only thing I understood was the smiley face at the end. :)

Level 80 Warrior
          Level 74 Priest

Comment

Oops! That was my mistake. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by luna View Post
              Oops! That was my mistake. Thanks for the heads up.
              this just in: official spelling for noob now includes the following:
              n o o b / n u b / l u n a / n e w b i e