X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More info on The Burning Crusade!!

Say goodbye to the 40 person raid!

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade PC Preview
    “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Re: More info on The Burning Crusade!!

Originally posted by Article
    The Paladin class will see a class-defining ability of its own in an ability to pull aggressive creatures off of classes with a "snap-aggro" ability. That ability, Chilton explains as the equivalent of an AOE taunt, but instead of being cast on the enemies, instead, true to the Paladin's role of buffing and supporting players, it is castable buff on a party member. At that point, the mobs that were attacking the party member within an Area of Effect range will then turn and attack the Paladin. It continues to reinforce Blizzard's desire to turn the Paladin into a secondary tank and a healer, instead of the simple healer the class has been relegated to.
    That... makes sense?
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

More info:

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Updated Impressions - PvP Details, Raid Details, and High-Level Zones - PC News at GameSpot
      “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

I kinda like the idea of smaller raids, but it's going to put a premium on RL's because we are likely to have multiple concurrent raids going.

Anyone new want to step up to raid leading?
        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

When i read that bit about Paladins, I nearly died.

finally. We'll be uber.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

um..... that will throw class balance off hardcore
            powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Cetainly throws Paladin PvP for a loop.

Currently shamans are the magic focused paladins and paladins are the physical focused shamans. At the very basic level that is.

Now they're going to make Shamans the DPS/Healing hybrid and Paladins the Tanking/Healing hybrid.

So Shamans get bloodlust in PvP and Paladins get a snap-aggro ability that PCs are immune to. Yay? O.o

On another note: Think about how weird things would be if they retroacted the scaling instance difficulty. Deadmines at level 60 would be...interesting.
              My sanity is not in question...
              It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                Cetainly throws Paladin PvP for a loop.

Currently shamans are the magic focused paladins and paladins are the physical focused shamans. At the very basic level that is.

Now they're going to make Shamans the DPS/Healing hybrid and Paladins the Tanking/Healing hybrid.

So Shamans get bloodlust in PvP and Paladins get a snap-aggro ability that PCs are immune to. Yay? O.o

On another note: Think about how weird things would be if they retroacted the scaling instance difficulty. Deadmines at level 60 would be...interesting.
                hey, if Sneed wants to drop pieces of wrath rather than the taskmaster axe....thats perfectly fine with me.

Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
                BY FIBER BE PURGED!! TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
                TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS

Comment

Wow, only a 25 man raid? lol the signups are going to be full the minute they go up.

Comment

Here's something to keep in mind...

These "small" raids are designed for players who have ALREADY mastered MC, BWL, AQ40 and Naxxramas. Think about the level of gear...and the devious schemes of Blizz...and the absolute lack of knowledge of how they will need to be played.

I'd say we have quite a bit to learn before worrying about signups. First things first. It's time for us to declare war on BWL!!!
                    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

I will help out with raid leading, if needed, but I am content to stay back and let others as well :). I think we are currently getting to the point where we can run concurrent raids during the week, and I think on the weekends 2 25 man groups wouldn't be too hard to field at all.

As far as the new instances, when people start hitting 70 MC will start to be done with far less people, just like in EQ when they raised the level cap to 60 from 50, all of the sudden people were killing Naggy and Vox with 6 people until they put the level cap on them. I think some of these other instances will start to become far easier when the caps get raised.
                      Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Originally posted by beep View Post
                        I'd say we have quite a bit to learn before worrying about signups. First things first. It's time for us to declare war on BWL!!!
                        I'm with ya, Beep. /tar Razorgore /fire Shot

Let's get a signup for this war started. :row__523:
                        "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

Personally I work better at the squad level than the battalion. I'm all for trying to lead those 5 and 10 mans, but I have a little more difficulty at 15 or higher. 25 just might be pushing my patience as Luna once described a 20 man as trying to herd a pack of cats.

The paladin changes also won't be that bad in the long run. There will be an initial period of stasis where things don't change at all, but as soon as the shaman and paladin levels on both sides gets to a good level I think Blizzard might do a skill revamp in order to make them more distinct in ability. Going back and changing the class skills slowly until they no longer have to 'balance' each other will be a nice thing to let the developers go nuts.
                          My sanity is not in question...
                          It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

The most fun I've had in this game is with 5 mans. No place to hide! Every player has to be alert and on their game. Make a mistake and you wipe!
                            Beep

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X