Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motivational Speech from an End-game Junkie.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motivational Speech from an End-game Junkie.

Some of you got my frantic whispers last night, Some of you might have heard from other friends... but last night, Reverent downed Nefarion for their first time.

I tell you this, not only because you're my friends, but because TG was instrumental in helping me be a part of the kill. And, to give you guys a heads up of the challenges you'll face.

TG was my mains home for the brunt of my time playing WoW. from level 35 to almost 6 months into 60, you guys were (and for the most part, still are) my family. The skills i learned and the attitude i developed to set backs and wipes and 'fun spikes', And every facet of how i play this game came from my time with TG. I know, I know. I left... So obviously, those things weren't important to me, right? Wrong. I can be a needy individual sometimes, and i made a decision that i felt would keep me playing the game so that i could stay in touch with you guys. and so far, it's worked.
    I can honestly say that there have been raids with Reverent that i've had absolutely no fun in. I can say that last night... When we saw Nefarion rear up and drop dead, his head dangling over the parapet looking down upon thorium point, in what SHOULD have been my most glorious gaming moment ever... I felt sad.
    I felt sadder still when we took our Screenshots underneath Nefarions head in Stormwind. I'd turned my Name/guild tags on for that sole purpose, and then i saw it.
    'Master Sergeant Manetheren'
    <Reverent>

Luna, you were right. I didn't feel it so much with Ragnaros, but i felt it with Nef. I'm saddened, and i regret ever leaving TG. But it was a decision i made, and i'm a big fan of sleeping in the bed i made.

With that being said. Members of TG. I challenge you to storm BWL. I challenge you to Kill that big stupid black dragon, and steal all his phat loot.
    If reverent can do it, TG can do it. It might take time. but you'll get it done. You WILL see that head hanging from the archway, and you WILL feel the same pride and glory that i felt last night looking up at it. This game does that to you... it adds alot of esteem to taking down a huge pixellated dragon.

But know this. Take that dragon (Or any OTHER challenge this game offers) down with your family, and you'll feel a whole hell of a lot better when you turn on your Guild tags.

Go get em, TG. I'm rooting for you.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Re: Motivational Speech from an End-game Junkie.

Woot! Way to go Reverent! And grats to you Mane. What kind of purple shiny items did he drop?

Comment

Originally posted by Kittywampus View Post
      Woot! Way to go Reverent! And grats to you Mane. What kind of purple shiny items did he drop?
      :( Caster crap. Trancendency, Nemesis, some cloth boots and a caster cloak.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Manny, you're so emo! Gratz on the kill dude! See, what you need to carry with you is the Will of the Arkamis, and then that will turn caster night into Double Judgement before long!!

:D

Comment

I cannot believe that reading about killing a fictional character made me all teary eyed.

Miss you, Manny!

Comment

Originally posted by Arkamis View Post
            Manny, you're so emo! Gratz on the kill dude! See, what you need to carry with you is the Will of the Arkamis, and then that will turn caster night into Double Judgement before long!!

:D
            We actually got a double Judgement drop off of Chromag. Alava nearly reached through his screen to strangle me.

Miss you too, Luna!

Comment

Ah Manny...

You have touched on the magic of this game...that it reaches into real life and the relationships that we forge with our gaming friends. RL transcends the "game" and creates fear and anger and fun and laughter...and loyalty and hurt feelings and sadness.

I'm happy for you and your guild on your achievement. That took a lot of sustained effort. I'm touched by your response.

As we have discussed, I made my choice many moons ago that I would experience end-game content with my friends, my TG family...at whatever pace we could manage. My choices at my "advanced" age are not the choices that may fit everyone.

I believe that we have, when we are at our best, something special with TG, both in terms of how we play the game and how we deal with each other. Is it unique? I don't know, since the answer to that would require first-hand experience with other guilds.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
              Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Manny...You are family...momma's calling you to come back home!

Comment

Originally posted by beep View Post
                  I believe that we have, when we are at our best, something special with TG, both in terms of how we play the game and how we deal with each other. Is it unique? I don't know, since the answer to that would require first-hand experience with other guilds.

You can bet all your epics that it's unique. The TG officer cadre, and even the main TG guild is strong. there's no visible backstabbing, there's no worries about veiled truths. It's what will bring me home when i've seen what i need to see, and can just get back to playing the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Manetheren View Post
                    You can bet all your epics that it's unique. The TG officer cadre, and even the main TG guild is strong. there's no visible backstabbing, there's no worries about veiled truths. It's what will bring me home when i've seen what i need to see, and can just get back to playing the game.
                    We have a light burning in the window...:)
                    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

That light also seems to be in a red lantern taking the general tone of conversations on TS in account. I guess anything that'll get Manny back is up for grabs.

I don't mind I guess, I'm with the books in the back.
                      My sanity is not in question...
                      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Just because you made your bed and lie in it doesnt mean u cant sleep around manny. Heck, doesnt mean u cant just plain make a new one or go back to the old one.

The pull of loot and phat gear is very strong but our soldiers stay eternal right?
                        I admit, I fawn over gear and stuff but I also get kicks off of people around me really makin their characters better, 'specially the mages of course. And even better, just dominating a mob or instance to the point where people forget about gear altogether, which is quite awesome and has happened before.

Anyone can make a well-organized guild and recruit the best players around to fly through all the end-game content. That takes no skill. To start from the ground-up with the same core group, already in many ways "behind the curve" and attain success makes it all the more sweet. 'Specially when people tend to stick around and the people are fun to be around. So I ask you Manny, why not just come back?

Comment

It was definately fun. Didn't fill quite like TG's Rag kill, but it is still one of my most memorable moments in the game. The loot was [item]Robes of Transcendence[/item] [item]Nemesis Robes[/item] [item]Cloak of the Brood Lord[/item] [item]boots of the shadow flame[/item] [item]head of nefarian[/item]
                          Thunderhorn:
                          70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
                          70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
                          70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
                          70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
                          70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
                          70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
                          70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
                          Gilneas:
                          50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Comment

Tarenth, are you suggesting I'm drawn to the slightly... seedier establisments? :P

And to answer your question, Siulung...

It's never been about the gear for me (well, for a short while, it was) but honestly, it's the pull of the content. When i see my /played time, i shiver. not in a good way.

/played
                            50 days, 22 at 60.= ZOmg.. i'm STILL running UBRS?!?

/played
                            72 days= 44 days at 60 = I haven't even SEEN Ragnaros.

Yeah. it was getting depressing.

So, will i come back? almost certainly. (assuming i read tarenths post right... i don't THINK i should be worried) :)

Comment

Tarenth has become really cryptic lately. I'm concerned.
                              RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X