No announcement yet.

Ayamiss the Hunter -- 3 shotted!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ayamiss the Hunter -- 3 shotted!

Well as Luna would put it "Ayamiss went down like a Prom Queen on Prom Night!!" With not much effort we 3 shotted Ayamiss, we used the first 2 attempts to get comfortable with the setup and then took Ayamiss down with only one death. :D

Great job everyone!!

Well next and FINAL boss on the AQ20 hit list is Ossirian the Unscarred!!:icon20:
    "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Re: Ayamiss the Hunter -- 3 shotted!

What loot did that bish drop?!

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

I believe it was:

[item]Manual of Battle Shout VII[/item]
      [item]Guide: Aspect of the Hawk VII[/item]
      [item]Ring of the Desert Winds[/item]?
      [item]Qiraji Spiked Hilt[/item]?

I know the books for sure but not certain on the other two items. :)
      "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Wish I was there!

How'd the bug pack pulls go, Crebis?

Guess we can add another to the kill list... Ossirian next week :)

Gratz guys! Hopefully next week I'll be able to get in there with ya!
          Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
          Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
          ...and other distractions of various levels.

Ark.....we cleared the room as best we could(I believe we only left two grubs near ayamiss so that we wouldn't aggro him).....we also snuck into ayamiss' room through ossirian's room avoiding the anubisath pats.......we did wipe on a couple of those purple and grey flying pats in ayamiss' room but they went down in no time at all.....I think positioning was the key to this room.....we just made sure that those grubs never reached the pit, even though luna tried her best to get tied up and shackled :p also rotated the aoe of the bugs that spawn between the mages so they wouldn't run out of mana and ayamiss went down fairly easy :)

Those anubisath guardians in ossirian's room are nasty but I think we could have taken them down had we had the time :)

The Anubisath Guardians in Ossirian's room aren't to hard to learn, but it isn't easy by any means. And clearing the guardians is the easy spot, killing Ossirian is the hard part.

This is fantastic! Grats guys.

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
                Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
                Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

best of all: I TANKED... RAWRZORZ
                  powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Those guardians are extremely squishy. I believe after our initial discombobulation and even half the raid wiping we downed one REALLY fast. Once you realize the damage they're gonna do and get comfortable just put in MAX DAMAGE and ur good.

The anubisaths all have special abilities. No two are the same. You have to know the abilities when they do them (plague, meteor, shadowbolt, etc) and know how to react immediately.

Ark, the one that we had seemed to have more than one ability. I know I got hit with plague but could of swore he did something else..shadow, maybe. So do they randomly change abilities during the fight?

He has the ability to reflect certain magic back to you, like shadow, etc. This u can determine easily enough with Detect Magic. As well, I think he did switch damage types. A lil fuzzy though.
                          Either way, he's goin down pretty fast.

What I remember of the explanation is that each of these Anubissy things will (at random) have 5 different "attacks"...out of many possibilities. Until you enter combat, you don't know what those choices are.

Here's what WoWWiki has to say...

When a Guardian is pulled, it will flip a coin 5 times to determine what abilities it will use during the fight. What follows are the 5 sets of abilities the Guardian will choose from, choosing 1 ability from each set, for a total of 5 abilities. The Guardian will reset its abilities if the raid wipes.

Set 1: Meteor or Plague

Meteor is a targeted AoE that will deal 10K+ fire damage players within the AoE. The damage is split between the players, if one person gets hit they take 10K damage but if 10 people are hit, each will only take 1000. Fire resist can reduce the amount of damage taken from this spell. Meteor has a radius of 8 yds. Plague is a random targeted nature based DoT. When a player is afflicted with plague he will damage nearby raid members in addition to himself. Plague cannot be cleansed. Nature resist can reduce the damage taken from this spell. Plague has a radius of 5 yds.

Set 2: Shadow Storm or Thunderclap

Shadow Storm is spam of AoE shadow bolts that do ~1000 damage. Shadow resist can reduce the amount of damage taken from this spell. This spell also has a dead zone; meaning the Shadow Bolts can be avoided if you stand close. Shadow Storm has a range of 20-45 yds.

Thunderclap is a short ranged nature based AoE that emanates around the Anubisath Guardian. There is no attack speed debuff from this spell. Nature resist can reduce the amount of damage taken from this spell. Thunderclap has a range of 10 yds.

Set 3: Reflect Arcane & Fire or Reflect Shadow & Frost

Reflect Arcane & Fire will reflect arcane and fire spells back to the user, doing arcane or fire damage.

Reflect Shadow & Frost will reflect shadow and frost spells back to the user, doing shadow or frost damage.

Set 4: Enrage or Explode

Enrage is a standard enrage used near death (10% health), the Guardian's damage increases considerably. Combat by adding extra healing for the MT.

Explode is only used near death (10% health), causing the Guardian to explode, inflicting a lot of damage. The Guardian is rooted in place so run away!

Set 5: Anubisath Swarmguards or Anubisath Warriors

The Guardian will summon up to four of one of these types of mobs. Warriors have high HP but low damage. Swarmguards have lower HP but higher damage output. Control both through fears and stuns, they will despawn after 1 minute.

Meteor/Shadow Storm

This one is easy. Have the entire raid clump up around the Guardian's feet. Everyone will be inside the minimum range for Shadow Storm and clumped enough to absorb Meteor damage.

Meteor/Thunder Clap

Have a group of rogues and warriors clumped around the Guardian. Have everyone else in a second clump, outside of the range of the Thunderclap.

Plague/Shadow Storm

This one is tricky. Try to have everyone spread out as much as possible while still being within 20 yards of the Guardian. When someone gets plagued, have them run away from the raid and try to get far enough from the Guardian so that they aren't getting hit by Shadow bolts.

Plague/Thunder Clap

Everyone should be as spread out as possible. Have a place for plague victims to run and some healers assigned to watch them.
                            Detect Magic needs to be cast right away so the mages/warlocks know what spells to use. If Detect Magic is not reflected, the Guardian is reflecting Shadow/Frost. Once this has been figured out the raid will have to adjust to whichever abilities he has. The mobs he will summon can easily be dealt with with fears and stuns. Don't bother trying to kill them until the Guardian is dead. Everyone should be aware of the trash mobs and do their best to keep them busy. They can be chain feared, stun locked, ice blocked, etc. so everyone can do a little something to help. Warriors should put some sunders on and try to get agro on them so when they come unstunned, feared, etc, they don't immediatly go after the cloth wearers.

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Exactly...our setup (if I'm leading) will be as follows.

1. We put group tight togther with tank heading out to meet the guardian.
                              2. Mage detects magic and calls out schools that are resisted by the mob over TS.
                              3. Raid Lead will call out whether to stay tight or have the group disperse. If meteor (fire AoE), stay tight. If plague (nature poison), spread out and get infected people away from main group.
                              4. Raid will attempt to stay a certain range from the guardian whenever possible. This range is 10-20 yds. This will keep you in his deadzone and not get you hit by his thunderclap or shadowbolts.
                              5. Warlocks fear after 2-4 mobs are summoned, OTs pick them up in the meantime. (hunters can also CC if time permits.) Ignore these otherwise because they despawn in 1 minute.
                              6. Warrior calls out on TS for all to run if "Explode" is determined.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed