Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razorgore Strategy

Alright, here we go.

First, here's a map of Razorgore's room.

O is the Orb of Domination.
    R is Razorgore's starting position.
    The Red Dot is the pulling position and hiding position
    A is the South Corner for groups 1 & 2
    B is the West Corner for groups 3 & 4
    C is the North Corner for groups 5 & 6
    D is the East Corner for groups 7 & 8

We begin the pull with the entire raid in the pulling position. Here's a view from it:

Three warriors tank each mob. Zerg Grethok the Controller first. He can mind control someone or turn them into a squirrel. Everyone must be fast on the decurse button should this happen, because he usually goes after whoever's going after the orb. If the orb controller gets squirreled, Razorgore is on the loose. Drop these three mobs quickly.

In the time it takes to kill these mobs, the real fun begins. Three types of mobs spawn: Blackwing Mages, Blackwing Legionnaires, and Dragonkin. At this point, the groups split up. From the center, here are shots of the corners in order;
    A

B

C

D

This is phase 1 of the fight. Each corner will have a rogue main assist. This rogue will pick mages one at a time and zerg them down as hard as possible, with the corner group following suit. Druids are to sleep dragonkin, and the controller can assist with this.

With the exception of tanks 1 and 2 (Beep and Kitty), all warriors are DPS until Legionnaires start spawning. When Legionnaires spawn, the warriors start the kiting. Hunters are not to kite if avoidable. Once the kiting begins, the warriors start kiting clockwise as seen from the map. Tap as many Legionnaires as possible, hamstring, piercing howl, whatever is needed to keep them slow. Run up each platform and jump off halfway over.

As the warriors hit each corner, they will continue to pick up more Legionnaires. Heads Up Situational Awareness is critical. During this part of phase 1, fears may be necessary to alleviate pressure on the kiters. Paladins will be the primary healers of the kiters due to low healing aggro. Priests will focus on keeping the raid healed. We'll keep one hunter on targetable kite duty just in case a warrior is having a hard time.

After each corner is clear of mages, the controller, probably myself, will stop breaking eggs and use Razorgore's Fireball Volley to pull aggro off the warrior kiters. This will take place in Corner C. At that point, all groups head to the hiding point, except for healers, who head to the center of the room and drink Fire Protection potions. The second controller, Kittywampus, will head over to the Orb of Domination. When all mobs get Razorgore's health down a little, I will release control and begin the long kite. Kittywampus will need to get on the orb EXTREMELY quickly to avoid me getting conflagged. If I get conflagged, it's a guaranteed wipe.

Using the Fireball Volley and releasing Razorgore will put the entire aggro on me. I will be able to do the mass kite while Kittywampus continues to break the eggs. The last egg to be broken will be in Corner C. Beep will be waiting in Corner B. This will be the tanking position. The healers will need to get over 35 yards from Razorgore to avoid eating too many fireball volleys. The fire pots will help. Because the raid is hiding in the safe zone, they will not get Fireball Volleyed.

Razorgore will be tanked by two tanks. When Kitty breaks the last egg, Razor will charge him as he resets to corner B. Razor will Conflag Kitty when he's in range and healers will need to spam heal him. Beep will pick up Razor at that point and angle Razorgore so that Razor's left flank is to the center of the room. At this point, the raid group moves center point with the healers.

Once kitty gets out of the conflag, he wll work aggro on the backside of Razorgore such that when Beep gets conflagged, Kitty has Razoregore angled with his right flank to the raid. We never want razorgore to face the raid, and Conflagarate is a frontal arc effect, so tanks have to be 180 degrees separate.

During phase 2, the rogues are on bandage duty for the most part, as Razorgore has an AOE cleave that you really don't want to be a part of. Ranged DPS stays at max range and Razorgore goes down quickly and easily (he's really squishy).

Keep the heals on the warriors who get conflagged, and keep the tanks up, and we'll be all set. Fireball Volley is a 35 yard range, so if Razorgore is kept angled properly, all healers will always have range and be out of the damage radius.
    Last edited by beep; 08-16-2006, 05:05 PM.

Re: Razorgore Strategy

Simple, eh? ...and a dosey-doh!!!:row__523:

We're gonna have fun and work hard getting the fine tuning down on this one. I can hardly wait!
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Looks fun... :)

Do we still have legionnaires, mages, and dragonkin after you release the orb to kitty? If so, is it going to be a problem with all the healers in the middle?
      Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
      Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
      ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

As far as droods sleeping dragonkin, I'm just eager to clarify where the priority lies in terms of balancing this duty with healing. IE: do we just go all out constantly sleeping every dragonkin we can target, and rely on others to heal the raid during this phase, or do we sleep what we can and heal as needed, or just somewhere inbetween.

Yeah it might be splitting hairs, but I'd rather clarify now than after we wipe... :row__572:

EDIT:

Oh, and I think the wowwiki info on this fight is worth a read for those (like myself) who just want to be as prepared as possible:

Razorgore - WoWWiki

Comment

Great job Ark! I am looking forward to this fight.

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
          Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
          Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

i would think that the pallies could cover your healing duties..

Comment

Druids: Sleep first and foremost.

Muirc: Once the last egg is broken, all mobs despawn.

Comment

This is gonna be awesome.

Someone bring a Repair bot.

Make that 3 Repair bots...

"What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow out of this stony rubbish? Son of man, you cannot say, or guess, for you know only a heap of broken images, where the sun beats, and the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief, and the dry stone no sound of water." --T.S. Eliot

Comment

Ya, paladins and droods heal in the kiting phase, priest should avoid healing so they don't get aggro and pwned. Priest heals are usually reserved for after the mobs despawn and you actually fight Razor.
                  Thunderhorn:
                  70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
                  70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
                  70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
                  70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
                  70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
                  70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
                  70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
                  Gilneas:
                  50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Comment

Originally posted by Arkamis View Post

Huh? Me? <.< >.> I didn't do it.....it was Amrod or Shiro. :P
                    "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

Originally posted by Arkamis View Post
                      I think that might have been intended for me. Maybe I'm confused about timing. If I'm reading the strat right the healers run to the middle when Ark drops MC and starts kiting, at which point Kitty is on the Orb and Ark is running around with a bunch of legionnaires and dragonkin following him and Razor is back busting eggs (under Kitty's control). Which puts the healers in the middle of the room while the other mobs are still up. I understand that the mobs go away, but they won't be gone when we go to the middle. Just a clarification issue that's all - want to make sure that is where we are suppose to be even when the mobs are still up. And if so then I assume we are to just stand there and try to blend into the decor since it seems like looking at those guys cross-eyed draws healing aggro.
                      Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

Yes, Pistos, that was directed towards your question.

I send healers to the middle of the room to avoid interfering with the mass kite pattern. Once I begin the mass kite, nothing you do will break aggro off me. All 40 mobs will be following me. I'll have swiftness pots and grenades at the ready, and hunters can lay frost traps in my patrol pattern to help me out. Also, I'm getting a pair of boots with +speed on them to assist in outrunning things. Finally, periodic consecration bombs will help me out in holding aggro, but that Fireball Volley aggro is really severe.

Comment

Just an FYI. A priest Healing will draw aggro from the kited mobs on occasion, which is why they usually don't heal until the mobs have despawned
                          Thunderhorn:
                          70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
                          70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
                          70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
                          70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
                          70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
                          70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
                          70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
                          Gilneas:
                          50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Comment

Ark, Thanks for helping me understand it better :D. I can do the minor speed chant for boots if you need. From your research are you going to be needing heavy heals at this point of the kiting or do you anticipate just needing some renews and low rank heals?

I realize that all things are subject to change as the circumstances dictate... just trying to be prepared.
                            Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

Originally posted by Alava View Post
                              Just an FYI. A priest Healing will draw aggro from the kited mobs on occasion, which is why they usually don't heal until the mobs have despawned
                              Yea the other times I've done this fight, both the successful ones and the wipes the priests died almost every time. In fact I've never lived through it - even the times I've been in a group that took him down. So if the priests are to be pretty wallflowers until the mobs despawn I can do that.
                              Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X