Wondering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering

I am sure that this has been talked to death and there is a thread about it, but I am just wondering. The nexus crystals and sulfuron ingots, they are going to the guild which is all well and good but I am just wondering is why the raid members don't recieve some form of DKP for these items. The reason being is once Rag drops his eye, the person that gets the eye will need the ingots and I assume that the ingots will go to them. As well if the nexus crystals are used to make equipment for people shouldn't the raid where these item dropped get some dkp?

For the nexus crystal I am not saying that people should get dkp equivalent to the item but even .25 dkp would be better than nothing.

Just my idea
    Shirokuma

Re: Wondering

we use a 0 sum dkp system.. which means that any dkp given out is taken from somewhere... always a source... always a target... so.. tell me where we might take the dkp from???

.25 * 40 still = 10 dkp... we cant take it from anywhere
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

I think what he means is maybe like this

Ingot drops in Raid A, Raid B, and Raid C.
      In Raid D, Eye drops and someone gets it based on current dkp. When we hand all ingot to that person (if that is the plan), then we give out retro-DKP.
      So the Ingots are given a point value and aren't actually bought until we find the person that need them. If I had the eye, I'd spend 50-100 DKP for the Ingots. That DKP would then be given back to the people where the item dropped.

Vin, I know this makes more work, but is it feasible. We were talking about something like this in officer chat tonight...different take, same kind of need.

Comment

My feeling is that we certainly cant get into DKP-bidding wars for mats; im sure it's still planned that mats go to the person with most NEED rather then raid-greed DKP.
        Earning DKP on these items is already a moot point since the DKP is relative so I still say why even complicate it?

The ONLY reason to put DKP on these items is to compel people to farm where they otherwise wouldnt, which to me is kinda sad. Personally when I see a crystal come from a DE I'm really not all that disappointed that I missed the DKP. I'm disappointed someone didnt get gear.

Just because there's DKP on the eye, doesnt meant that dkp should play a roll on the ingots. I could say relatively the same thing for an FR leggin that needs mats for an Arcanum. How do u prioritize these things?

Lastly, and this is somewhat abstract, but realistically loot loses its value over time to a player. If I had the eye I shouldnt have to hold it for months at a time generating DKP and not spending it for other gear, just to get the mats for the eye. By THAT time I may have something better or just not really be that enthused about it. To me, it's much better to simply keep it NEED based, where the 1st person to get the eye gets the mats - period.
        Adding another DKP opponent kinda sux. Yah, I know people want DKP.... but guess what - THOSE people dont usually have a need for the mats. I guarantee people will lose interest in such a scheme once they have to BID on ingots and crystals. Hell, how much DKP is an item as a WHOLE worth?? Who decides this?

Comment

Ok, I have one example based on class for this. As for the hunter class there are items for our epic bow quest that drop from domo and from ony that we need as mats to do the quests. So if what you are saying is true Siulung then we shouldn't have been charged for those items as they are "mats" for the bow and why should we spend DKP on it, right? No, I think this is about being fair. If you are charging certain classes for acquiring items to get a weapon quest then it should stand the same for all classes. I'm not saying don't charge the hunters but I do think that the ingots should be retroactively credited. I know it's a lot more work but is necessary to be fair for everyone. Just my two cents.
          "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

i agree with muirc... the DKP for the other parts of the [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] is redonkulous already.. and to add... 10-20-30-40 dkp PER ingot... would make it un-attractive.... 200dkp for a weapon