What to do...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do...

So I'm trying to decide what to do with my collection of low-level characters (10 chars lvls 20-30). As TG is an end-game raiding guild, it doesn't really make sense for me to remain in the guild for now. The problem is, if I ever do reach 60 (someday, someday), TG is of course the place I'd want to be for that.

So I guess what I'd like to figure out is whether I'd be able to come back once I can actually be useful to the guild, having spent the intervening levels in a lower level guild, or whether leaving at this point would make it impossible for me to return.

I currently have 3 chars in the guild and 7 chars who are guildless because it's not worth taking someone's time to invite them to TG when they're too low lvl, and as I understand the policy I can't have them in another guild as long as I have characters who are in TG. Any ideas for what course I should take here would be appreciated.

Re: What to do...

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
    So I'm trying to decide what to do with my collection of low-level characters (10 chars lvls 20-30). As TG is an end-game raiding guild, it doesn't really make sense for me to remain in the guild for now. The problem is, if I ever do reach 60 (someday, someday), TG is of course the place I'd want to be for that.

So I guess what I'd like to figure out is whether I'd be able to come back once I can actually be useful to the guild, having spent the intervening levels in a lower level guild, or whether leaving at this point would make it impossible for me to return.

I currently have 3 chars in the guild and 7 chars who are guildless because it's not worth taking someone's time to invite them to TG when they're too low lvl, and as I understand the policy I can't have them in another guild as long as I have characters who are in TG. Any ideas for what course I should take here would be appreciated.

I might not be a big voice in the guild, but i'm pretty sure it's safe to say that you shouldn't feel as though you need to leave the guild. Granted, alot of the higher ups are busy with endgame stuff, so they aren't always available to help, but really, if TG is the place you want to be, then TG should be the place you should be. (er... redundancy)

Also, I'm willing to wager that the 'two guilds rule' is meant more for higher level people.

Talk to an officer though... but you really shouldn't have to worry about not getting back in if you do leave. :)

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Aga, I as many know was in a similar boat as you when I went AFK for months and came back with no one to lvl with.

Every once and a while I'd consider joining another guild to finish my toon and then come back. But, trust me, after you think on it some more you'll realize that it's not really worth sacrificing the community.

Lvling doesnt really take as long as people think. And, unless you're really into the content, isnt a true barometer for a guild. I lvled at least 1 lvl per day between 40 and 50.. then 1 lvl every 2 days. It went even quicker when in organized groups. Really, it's 1 lvl every 2 days 55+.

Also, it's MUCH better to be able to pick the brains of your guildies and stand-in on raids in TS (I did this over and over so I understood some of the dungeons I'd be goin into when i got to lvl 55+). This way you're primed the moment u hit 60.

TG isnt solely end-game either. You can get into organized raids at lvl 55+. You dont have to wait until 60. Also, everyone has alts, many of which they actively lvl. Seek these people out.

Otherwise, you can take your chances with another guild - but bare in mind, most guilds are end-game and you'll probably run into MORE difficulty unless the guild is too HUGE to even really be intimate enough to like.

Only my opinion really.. yah, the lvlin would go faster in another guild NON "end-game", but it'd be kinda wrong to simply use another guild in this fashion unless it was understood before joining.... assumin u could find one

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Ag,

Here would be my recommendation, pick your favorite toon and continue to level it to 60. If you never do end game raiding that's just fine, just pick your next toon and level that one to 60.

The key is this, you want to keep your toon in the same approximate level area as others you group with. I got my warrior to 60 running with the same 6 or 8 people. We'd put on a few levels, run a instance a few times, run some quests and pack on some more levels and go to the next instance. If you don't dedicate yourself to one toon though you'll quickly fall behind the others in your range. It's a lot of fun running through quests with the same pack and it also puts you on a nice path to get ready for the next instance.

The only challenge you may have is that those of us doing end game raiding will have to step away for either a raid or some farming to support our end game habit. In that case you may in fact out level us. :)

Stick with it, and you'll get to 60 before you know it.

PS: Don't neglect to participate in pick up groups. It's a great way to get quests done and see instances with different people. Some PuG's suck but many are VERY enjoyable.
        “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

Even though it may be hard to believe, I felt exactly the same way you do now...that the "rest" of the guild was so lofty, so far ahead, so much of everything more than me that I'd NEVER be up to that level.

If you focus on leveling one (or maybe 2) toons at a time, it will come in a matter of a few weeks. The two toon scheme is to alternate so that you can benefit from rested (double) XP. I tried leveling 4 or 5 toons and finally gave up...deleted the ones that bored me and parked the rest.

Even so, I estimate that 90-95% of my leveling was done solo...not always fun, but I could put in the time and focus on gaining experience. You can ask for help in guild or pugging it for clearing instances. Guildies are also great for helping finish off those tougher quests that can't effectively be soloed.

And, FWIW, a lot of the discussion about joining other guilds and the consequences thereof is focused on high level folks (55+).
          Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Being a low level in the guild doesn't exclude you from anything! Sure, I know it's kind of like pulling teeth to get an answer out of any of the high levels during raid time, but you'd be surprised at what a well-directed whisper can do if you're in need of assistance!

TG is above all a community. The lower levels share success in raiding vicariously through those who have gone ahead of them, and that success can be manifested in pride when a fellow low-level asks you (and they commonly do, IME), "hey, are you in a good guild?" The only answer is, "hell yes!"

Comment

Many of us have lower alts that we are leveling. You might be surprised at how much lower level stuff goes on here.
              Anahlahna and Friends

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X