Leveling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leveling

i was wondering if anyone out there would be interested in helping me get myself to 60 hopefully by the end of this week so i can join in on the raids...ive been to most places so the place isnt really a problem....anyways if u can help me out so i can make my way to 60 that would be great...Thanks Drate

Re: Leveling

what level are you now, what class, and how much rested are you?

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

im a lvl 52 hunter as it shows in my sig and my bar is blue but it doesnt stay blue for long

Comment

you had me photoshop out your level in your sig....remember?

Comment

sorry crebis had a blond moment

Comment

52 to 60 in one weekend is a tall order. You need to be on full time for that, and without rested experience it will be tough. If you don't plan to sleep you might make it. You will also want to solo as much as possible, and as high level as possible. Killing Yeti and furbolgs in WS is a good start, then move to frostsabers in Northern WS or to anywhere in silithus. Even unrested you will get good exp in silithus, but bring lots of gold for repair bills, the patrol patterns are brutal there.
            Anahlahna and Friends

Comment

Do you have the skill Volley? If so, what is the damage and what is the cooldown?
              I have a powerleveling method that is about 1-2k exp per pull unrested. Would you be willing to spare some change for health pots and repairs? im broke atm.

Comment

My Volley is rank 2 the range is 8-41 does 71-72 arcane damage to enemy targets within 8 yards for 6 secs

Comment

Yeah...Volley is a nice skill, but not exactly "OMG! AoE!" material. If you can find something to kill with a weaksause AoE on a 1 minute cooldown then you're better at it than me.

Grinding things away is a nice way to get to level 60 quickly...but don't do it. Really...Don't do it. You want to join in on the raids at level 60? Then seriously just don't grind. Going from 52 to 60 on a grind will just put your character 8 levels behind in gear and make you unprepared for MC. Yeah, I know it sucks to not be up to snuff for something, but for everything end game there is a lot of prep work to be done.

You want to stay away from the XP grind and instead focus on getting into as many instance runs as possible. Instances are where you will get some of the best loot possible in the game not counting world bosses. Try hitting Sunken Temple and Blackrock Deep at your level. Yeah, getting people in BRD to take you because its not easymode will be hard, but the people who consider it are those you REALLY want to group with. Later progress to LBRS then hit Scholo, Strat, and UBRS. If you can fit it in, you also want to take on Dire Maul for some of the best 'pre-raid' gear in the game, but you want to be high enough to not get mauled in there.

Baron strat is where you REALLY want to spend as much time as possible. You can get a [item]Bone Slicing Hatchet[/item] or two, [item]Beaststalker's Boots[/item], [item]Beaststalker's Pants[/item], [item]Carapace Spine Crossbow[/item], [item]Peacemaker[/item], and [item]Cape of the Black Baron[/item].

Remember, getting to level 60 is only HALF of the road to doing end game raids. The other half is making sure you can hold your own in the instance so you just aren't dead weight with crappy gear. The only way to avoid that is to give up thoughts of a grind and focus on getting as much as possible on your road up. Hunter's are a DPS class. DPS classes are VERY gear dependant. Without good gear the DPS you bring to the table will be substandard and you'll only be a handicap. Unlike a druid who could come in with all white gear and still innervate and battle rez. They tank and heal like crap, but they have special skills that make that viable. We don't. -.-

Ammendment: Okay, I lied. There are THREE parts to the road to end game raids. Level, Gear, and Experience. You just naturally get experience running instances for your gear so I usually combine them. The tactics and skill sets you use in solo play are very different from what you'd use in a group or raid setting. You need the experience to not do something stupid and screw us all at a critical point as well. The more you run in a group or small raid (like UBRS) then the better judgement you have in the larger settings where the stakes are so much higher.
                  Last edited by Tarenth; 08-28-2006, 10:27 AM. Reason: Just thought of something...
                  My sanity is not in question...
                  It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

I agree with Tarenth, except the ST part, bleh ;)

Grind when you can't get a group, but try and run all the instances you can. BRD, Strat, DM, Scholo all have great gear that will be significant upgrades. PUG-ing can be good if you're on during non-peak hours. It seems like people are always getting Scholo groups together. Baron Strat isn't too hard to get people interested in. DM Tributes are pretty short, tons of fun, and usually not hard to get together. AND if you see Gaviin on and he's not raiding then I guarantee he'll be wanting to go to UBRS until he gets his new book. Make sure you get all the quests for the instances you can before you go in. You will get phat XP for them usually and while the XP/hour may go down you'll be learning alot about your job (pulling, kiting, protecting casters, out and out killing stuff, etc.) and probably getting gear in the process.

But when you can't get a group grind away. Kill things that drop things you can sell or money. Personally I like the legashi demons in azshara, yetis in winterspring, horrors and treeants in felwood. If you're a skinner there may be other and better places to grind and make money at the same time (silithus probably).
                    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                    Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                    ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistos View Post
                      ... AND if you see Gaviin on and he's not raiding then I guarantee he'll be wanting to go to UBRS until he gets his new book. ....
                      Amen, brotha.
                      Ninja

Comment

The over all damage it does is irrelevant, i just need to know that it will do enough to tap the mobs, ill speak to you in game Drate about my plan.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pistos;554951]I You will get phat XP for them usually and while the XP/hour may go down you'll be learning alot about your job (pulling, kiting, protecting casters, out and out killing stuff, etc.) and probably getting gear in the process.
                          QUOTE]

Agreed. And also the valuable experience you gain from what to do when things don't go according to plan. :row__687: Which in PUGs is inevitable but very necessary as you learn what your class limitations are. Just a suggestion.
                          "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X