Halten's Eye of Sulfuras

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halten's Eye of Sulfuras

For those that missed it...and those who didn't...Ragnaros dropped the [item]Eye of Sulfuras[/item] last night. This extraordinary item was given to Halten as our primary DPS warrior.

Here's the deal. A 300 Blacksmith/Hammersmith (Luna) can make a [item]Sulfuron Hammer[/item]. The mats for this are pretty outrageous (see the following)...

8x[item]Sulfuron Ingot[/item]
    20x[item]Dark Iron Bar[/item]
    50x[item]Arcanite Bars[/item]
    25x[item]Essence of Fire[/item]
    10x[item]Blood of the Mountain[/item]
    10x[item]Fiery Core[/item]
    10x[item]Lava Core[/item]

The [item]Sulfuron Hammer[/item] combines with the Eye to produce [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item], arguably the most powerful weapon in WoW.

This is HUGE, folks...a rare event that we can be proud of as a guild and happy for Halten.

Gratz to Halten!! Gratz to us!! My thought is to use this thread to track progress toward this weapon.

(Now...if only "my" [item]Bindings of the Windseeker[/item](both right and left half) would drop!! so I could get [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item]..hhrrrmmmmm!:) Hey, if Halten's wishes come true, so can mine!)
    Last edited by beep; 08-28-2006, 11:45 AM.
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Re: Halten's Eye of Sulfuras

Is it possible to script a macro that would make Halten yell "TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!" every time that thing procs? Cuz I think that would be really cool. Yeah. :-)
    Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by msheahen View Post
      Is it possible to script a macro that would make Halten yell "TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!" every time that thing procs? Cuz I think that would be really cool. Yeah. :-)
      This must happen!

Does the bank have most of these mats? I guess probably not all of the ingots and maybe not the 50 bars. Any way that we can help?
      Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
      Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
      ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Originally posted by beep View Post
        (Now...if only "my" [item]Bindings of the Windseeker[/item](both right and left half) would drop!! so I could get [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item]..hhrrrmmmmm!:)
        Ummm.....Beep....that's a hunter weapon :row__642:

J/K

Anyway we can help? Maybe a listing of what mats Halten is missing would be a start.
        "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

Here's a pretty good guess...

The two "scarce" categories are:
          1. Sulfuron Ingots
          2. Arcanite.

The guild bank will be the source for the Sulfuron Ingots...and no, we don't have enough. They are infrequent drops, perhaps one every 3-4 MC runs (if you're lucky).

Arcanite is the real $ PITA! If you can find/mine Arcanite Crystals, the guild Alchemists will contribute the 2 day cooldown/transmutes.

Dark Iron should not be a special problem with normal MC runs and other mats contributions. Blood of the Mountain and the Cores are also guild bank things that we will probably have or accumulate over time by the time the Ingots are banked.
          Last edited by beep; 08-28-2006, 01:19 PM.
          Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

By enchanted thorium, he means Arcanite :).

I will gladly help in any way I can, even if its just helping miners farm thorium to try to get crystals. If I remember correctly, there are quite a few rich thorium veins in the demon area of Winterspring, so maybe we can kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get some [item]The Eye of Shadow[/item] for priests while getting crystals for Arcanite Transmutes.
            Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Iliana can do some of the transmutes, in fact she has one on cooldown now. Also my pally can help with mining dark iron and thorium. (Maybe she'll get lucky and find an arcane crystal)

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sajier View Post
                By enchanted thorium, he means Arcanite :).

I will gladly help in any way I can, even if its just helping miners farm thorium to try to get crystals. If I remember correctly, there are quite a few rich thorium veins in the demon area of Winterspring, so maybe we can kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get some [item]The Eye of Shadow[/item] for priests while getting crystals for Arcanite Transmutes.
                Corrected from Enhanted Thorium to Arcanite...just wasn't thinking!!!:row__628:
                Beep

Comment

The best place to farm Arcane Crystals is in the hives in Silithus. I can solo nearly any single mob in most of those hives, if any miner wants to go over there and farm thorium and you see me on just let me know. Also Un'goro Crater is a good place to farm the Essence of Fire.

Comment

Ricca can do arcanite transmutes too if needed too...
                    Candrice 63 Warrior
                    Ricca 70 Rogue
                    Machelle 70 Mage
                    Enya 74 Druid

Comment

Contact qte for transmutes as well...I never sell them so you are welcome to them.

Comment

I'll be happy to compile/edit a list of arcanite transmuters here...(by 'toon name,please). You post in the thread and I'll edit this to be a cumulative list.

Beepster
                        Qte
                        Ricca
                        Iliana
                        Chirp
                        Ogi
                        Aeryck
                        Bear (not sure which toon)
                        Lightshow
                        Haletma
                        Pyatt
                        Reyn
                        Wreynh
                        Thaisia
                        Dreadd
                        Last edited by beep; 08-30-2006, 12:11 PM.
                        Beep

Comment

The bank will provide the following items IMMEDIATELY, meaning we have them in the bank and will provide them to Halten to help craft his item:

2 [item]Sulfuron Ingot[/item]
                          20 [item]Dark Iron Bar[/item]
                          2 [item]Arcane Crystal[/item] (to be transmuted)
                          25 [item]Essence of Fire[/item]
                          10 [item]Blood of the Mountain[/item]
                          10 [item]Fiery Core[/item]
                          10 [item]Lava Core[/item]

What this leaves is 8 Sulfuron Ingots, and 48 Arcanite bars. I'm sure folks have already begun giving him some arcanite bars, and we will continue to try to work out an arrangement for a potential trade for more ingots.

Comment

Gratz Halten!!!!! hrm.. we have how many ingots in ze bank?
                            send any [item]Arcane Crystal[/item] to Chirp.. he has a xmute ready to go... and will not use it for anything but this...