No announcement yet.

A general overview of the new skills...

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A general overview of the new skills...

- Deadly Throw

Requires Level 64
    35 Energy 8-30 yd range
    Instant cast 2 sec cooldown
    Requires Thrown
    Finishing move that reduces the movement of the target by 50% for 5 sec and causes thrown weapon damage plus additional damage per combo point.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hehehehe. Wait wait. HAHAHAHAHA! This cracks me up. To use this you need to have a throwing weapon (which means you sacrifice the stats from a bow or gun), you need to have throwing high enough to not miss (a pain to level), AND you need to be in range WITH combo points. Alright, it might have use in PvP if your target is running away, but I laugh at this skill anyways.

- Disembowel

Requires Level 69
    35 Energy 5 yd range
    Instant cast
    Requires Melee Weapon
    Finishing move that causes damage per combo point, increased by Attack Power. Damage is reduced by 5% for each dose of Deadly Poison below five on the target.

Nice new replacement for a direct damage finisher. Rather limited in PvP since it requires Deadly poison to be applied 5 times for the full affect.

- Garrote

Requires Level 61
    50 Energy 5 yd range
    Instant cast
    Requires Stealth
    Garrote the enemy, Silencing them for 3 seconds and causing damage over 18 sec, increased by Attack Power. Must be stealthed and behind the target. Awards 1 combo point.

Very nice buff to Garrote when it comes to PvP or trash mobs. The silence is a nice addition to the skill.

- Shiv

Requires Level 70
    40 Energy 5 yd range
    Instant cast
    Requires Melee Weapon
    Performs an instant off-hand weapon attack that automatically applies the poison from your off-hand weapon to the target. Slower weapons require more Energy. Awards 1 combo point.

Have crippling poison on your off hand to ensure no one runs away from you in PvP ever again. Have deadly poison to make getting a good disembowel that much faster. I'm gonna really hate rogues in PvP once they get this.

- Evasion

Requires Level 66
    Instant cast 5 min cooldown
    Increases the rogue's dodge chance by 50% and reduces the chance ranged attacks hit the rogue by 50%. Lasts 15 sec.

Ewww...affects ranged damage now.

- Anesthetic Poison

Requires Level 68
    Coats a weapon with poison that lasts for 30 minutes. Each strike has a 20% chance of reducing threat by a moderate amount. 120 charges.

Trades a damaging poison with a nonenergy feint pretty much. The energy you save from not using feign will make this worth wild.

- Spiritual Attunement

Requires Level 66
    Gives the Paladin mana when healed by other friendly targets. The amount of mana gained is equal to 10% of the amount healed.

OMG! I could give a paladin up to 300 mana with a gheal cast. Niffty!

- Righteous Defense

Requires Level 20
    86 Mana 40 yd range
    Instant cast 12 sec cooldown
    Come to the defense of a friendly target, commanding up to 3 enemies attacking the target to attack the Paladin instead.

Snap aggro with a vengence. This makes paladins definately better than warriors when it comes to pulling and tanking multiple mobs.

- Seal of Justice

Requires Level 70
    225 Mana
    Instant cast
    Fills the Paladin with the spirit of justice for 30 sec, giving each melee attack a chance to stun for 2 sec. Only one Seal can be active on the Paladin at any one time.

Unleashing this Seal's energy will judge an enemy for 10 sec, preventing them from fleeing and limiting their movement speed. Your melee strikes will refresh the spell's duration. Only one Judgement per Paladin can be active at any one time.

Bout time they made this skill usable in PvP. Still weaksause compared to other snares.

- Crusader Aura

Requires Level 64
    Instant cast
    Increases the mounted speed by 20% for all party members within 30 yards. Players may only have one Aura on them per Paladin at any one time.

While this appears to be weak, you have to consider the fact that in outland we'll have flying mounts to cover long distances. +20% flying speed is nothing to sneeze at if you're gonna assult an enemy base.

- Seal of Blood

Requires Level 64
    210 Mana
    Instant cast
    Horde Only
    All melee attacks deal additional Holy damage equal to 30% normal weapon damage, but the Paladin loses health equal to 10% of the total damage inflicted.

Unleashing this Seal's energy will judge an enemy, instantly causing 445 to 488 Holy damage at the cost of 148 to 163 health.

Emo horde paladins are cutting themselves. How funny.

- Seal of Vengeance - Rank 1

Requires Level 64
    250 Mana
    Instant cast
    Alliance Only
    Fills the Paladin with holy power, granting each melee attack a chance to cause 80 Holy damage over 12 sec. This effect can stack up to 5 times. Only one Seal can be active on the Paladin at any one time. Lasts 30 sec.

Unleashing this Seal's energy will judge an enemy, instantly causing 86 Holy damage per application of Holy Vengeance.

Up to 400 holy damage over 14 seconds and 430 damage on a judgement with 5 charges. Depends on how often this procs to see how powerful it really is.

- Avenging Wrath

Requires Level 70
    Instant cast 3 min cooldown
    Increases all damage caused by 30% for 20 sec. Causes Forebearance.

Paladins? Damage? I'm confused...

- Arcane Blast

Requires Level 64
    190 Mana 30 yd range
    2.5 sec cast
    Blasts the target with energy, dealing 483 to 557 Arcane damage. Each time you cast Arcane Blast, the casting time is reduced while mana cost is increased. Effect stacks up to 5 times and lasts 8 sec.

If each cast decreases the cast time by 0.5 then with a full 5 cast windup you'll be throwing out an instant cast arcane shot. Not too shabby.

- Invisibility

Requires Level 68
    263 Mana
    Fades the caster to invisibility over 8 sec. The effect is cancelled if you perform or receive any hostile actions. While invisible, you can only see other invisible targets and those who can see invisible. Lasts 20 sec.

8 seconds of invisiblity to run away. Warlocks can still beat the crap out of you, but everyone else will have difficulties. Interesting. What sucks is you have no clue where you're going because you can only see invisible things.

- Spellsteal

Requires Level 70
    474 Mana 30 yd range
    Instant cast
    Steals a beneficial magic effect from the target. This effect lasts a maximum of 2 min.

This is just...evil. Think about stealing Shaz's magic damage reduction buff. Oy

- Molten Armor

Requires Level 62
    630 Mana
    Instant cast
    Causes 60 to 90 Fire damage when hit and reduces the chance you are critically hit by melee attacks and spells by 10%. Lasts 30 min.

Not bad...will help against mages, locks, priests, warriors, and rogues. Hunters will still crit you to death.

- Ice Lance

Requires Level 66
    150 Mana20 yd range
    1.5 sec cast
    Deals 231 to 293 Frost damage to an enemy target. Damage is increased by 200% against Frozen targets.

So in order to make this skill viable you have to have the talent that has a chance to freeze your target. Also, you can't use it in raids since nothing freezes there. WEAK!

- Seed of Corruption

Requires Level 70
    882 Mana 30 yd range
    2 sec cast
    Imbeds a demon seed in the enemy target, causing 1044 Shadow damage over 18 sec. When the target takes 1044 total damage, the seed will inflict 1110 to 1290 Shadow damage to all enemies within 15 yards of the target.

This is probably the ULTIMATE delayed AoE spell. Toss a SoC on each mob in the group then at 18 seconds the first mob will blast everything, 2 seconds later the next mob, and again and again and again. This will also be overpowered in close quarters PvP. Right...we REALLY need locks to be more powerful. -.-

- Fel Armor

Requires Level 62
    725 Mana
    Instant cast
    Surrounds the cast with fel energy, increasing the amount of health generated through spells and effects by 20% and increasing spell damage. Only one type of Armor spell can be active on the Warlock at any time. Lasts 30 min.

Trades off health/5 second for increased draining, healing, and spell damage. Nice.

- Ritual of Souls

Requires Level 70
    1532 Mana 30 yd range
    3 sec cast 5 min cooldown
    Reagents: Soul Shard
    Begins a ritual that creates a Soulwell. Raid members can click the Soulwell to acquire a Master Healthstone. The Soulwell lasts for 5 min or 10 charges. Requires the caster and 2 additional party members to complete the ritual. In order to participate, all players must be out of combat and right-click the soul portal and not move until the ritual is complete.

OMG I WANT THIS NOW! New more powerful healthstone and now you can make 10 every 5 minutes for the cost of 1 shard!

- Soulshatter

Requires Level 66
    193 Health
    Reagents: Soul Shard
    Reduces threat by 50% for all enemies.

Its like feign death, only weaker. I honestly don't see much use for this unless it was to escape aggro, but its kinda like a waste of a shard.

- Incinerate

Requires Level 64
    256 Mana30 yd range
    2.5 sec cast
    Deals 357 to 413 Fire damage to your target and an additional 89 to 104 Fire damage if the target is affected by an Immolate spell.

Spiffy new direct damage spell for warlocks. This time of the fire type.

- Heroic Strike

Requires Level 66
    15 Rage
    Next melee
    Requires Melee Weapon
    A strong attack that increases melee damage and causes a high amount of threat. Causes additional damage against dazed targets.

So they added an increased damage against dazed targets component. Huh. Since you can't daze when you'd want to use this and you can when you wouldn't care this is kinda a weak buff.

- Victory Rush - Rank 1

Requires Level 62
    10 Rage
    Instant cast 5 sec cooldown
    Requires Battle Stance, Berserker Stance
    Relish your victory after killing an enemy that yields experience or honor, increasing your chance to critically strike by 5% for 30 sec.

Nice boost to DPS warriors in PvP or PvE. Really no reason not to use it.

- Commanding Shout

Requires Level 68
    10 Rage
    Instant cast
    Requires Berserker Stance
    Increases total health of all party members within 20 yards by 730. Lasts 2 min.

Zerker stance -> Enrage -> Shout -> return to battle stance. The limitation on use in only zerker is somewhat confusing for a 'commanding' shout. Still...+73 stamina is nothing to sneeze at even if its only for 2 minutes.

- Spell Reflection

Requires Level 64
    25 Rage
    Instant cast
    Requires Shields
    Requires Battle Stance, Defensive Stance
    Raise your shield, reflecting the next spell cast on you. Lasts 5 sec.

Its like having an Omni-spell reflector without having to be an engineer. Definately overpowered since the only similar affect comes from equiping a trinket that profession specific on a cooldown and only works on 1 school per trinket. Bright side, you can make Ony suck her own Deep Breath. ;)

- Intervene

Requires Level 70
    10 Rage 8-25 yd range
    Instant cast 30 sec cooldown
    Run at high speed towards a party member, intercepting the next melee or ranged attack made against them.

No more whining about people getting aggro at the back of the group. :P Other than that, its a combat charge without the charge benefits.

- Shield Bash

Requires Level 64
    10 Rage 5 yd range
    Instant cast 12 sec cooldown
    Requires Shields
    Requires Battle Stance, Defensive Stance
    Bashes the target with your shield for 67 damage. It also dazes the target and interrupts spellcasting, preventing any spell in that school from being cast for 6 sec.

Oh look! A daze skill that can't be used on anything you'd really want to use it on. Guess its to make it more PvP friendly, but who PvPs with a shield?

- Fire Elemental Totem

Requires Level 70
    680 Mana
    Instant cast 20 min cooldown
    Tools: Fire Totem
    Summons an elemental totem that calls forth a greater fire elemental to rain destruction on the caster's enemies. Lasts 2 min.

You've HAVE to be kidding me. Mages can summon a water elemental at their TIER 9 talent and shamans can summon one of two elements as a stock skill. Pft.

- Wrath of Air Totem

Requires Level 64
    320 Mana
    Instant cast
    Tools: Air Totem
    Summons a Wrath of Air Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster. Party members within 20 yards of the totem have their magical damage from spells and effects increased by up to 101. Lasts 2 min.

It looks decent, but the implications here are disturbing slightly.

- Bloodlust/Heroism

Requires Level 64
    750 Mana
    Instant cast 10 min cooldown

Increases melee, ranged, and spell casting speed by 35% for all party members. Lasts 1 min.

I'd love shamans forever if I had one in my group to use this.

- Water Shield

Requires Level 62
    50 Mana
    Instant cast
    The caster is surrounded by 3 globes of water. When a spell, melee or ranged attack hits the caster, 95 mana is restored to the caster. This expends one water globe. Only one globe will activate every few seconds. Lasts 10 min.

Possibility to restore 285 mana when you're hit 3 times? PASS

- Earth Elemental Totem

Requires Level 70
    705 Mana
    Instant cast 20 min cooldown
    Tools: Earth Totem
    Summons an elemental totem that calls forth a greater earth elemental to protect the caster and his allies. Lasts 2 min.

Yeah...a shaman can have both a Fire Elemental and an Earth Elemental up at the same time since they use different totems. Might share a cooldown though.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Re: A general overview of the new skills...

Already Printed out my planned Spec for 70, regardless of how far away it really is. =)

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Dps warriors have piercing howl, which dazes targets all around for 6 seconds.

HS=pwnage now

Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!

The mages invisiblity takes 8 seconds to fade and you have 20 seconds of no one seeing you : D, but ya, still iffy on it
        70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
        70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
        70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
        70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
        70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
        70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
        70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
        50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed