Reminder: Hydraxian Waterlords

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder: Hydraxian Waterlords

Just a friendly reminder to all you MC-raiders out there. By now, most of us should be well into Honored or better with Hydraxian Waterlords faction.
    This means you NEED to complete the questline who's reward is a pretty nice FR ring (both melee and caster).

Here is a synopsis of the questline including links to rewards: Hydraxian Waterlords - WoWWiki

Gear like this just makes MC all that much easier. For ME, it means nearly all the FR I'll need without sacrificing much in stats at all. So, let's get it done.

At the least.. BEFORE you hit MC this weekend you should be up to the quest requiring junk mob kills in MC. This way, you can (if permission is given)... dip out to Azshara after the mobs are dead and advance the questline to the Hand collection portion, so the remaining part of the raid you can collect the hands. IDEALLY, you'd hire a summoning team at Azshara to speed things along... to get back requires simply a port to IF and a short flight or another team inside MC.... easily done, and this way everyone has +15 FR for the rags encounter.

Re: Reminder: Hydraxian Waterlords

A note on this, there is a bug in the quest line for NE priests where you can't get the ring. I completed it, had the faction and was never given the follow up to open the chest. sucked :(
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Another suggestion because this will be the first weekend of one day MC, it might be better served that you do this quest in two parts. Killing the MC mobs quest and then just doing the hands the following week. Reason being it is going to probably take the raid group about 4-5 hours for a complete clear of MC so time is going to be an issue. Also, running out after you kill the mobs for the quest and then trying to make it back in time for Luci is going to be hard to accomplish without slowing the raid down. Just a thought.
      "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

Originally posted by Muirc View Post
        Another suggestion because this will be the first weekend of one day MC, it might be better served that you do this quest in two parts. Killing the MC mobs quest and then just doing the hands the following week. Reason being it is going to probably take the raid group about 4-5 hours for a complete clear of MC so time is going to be an issue. Also, running out after you kill the mobs for the quest and then trying to make it back in time for Luci is going to be hard to accomplish without slowing the raid down. Just a thought.
        Problem with this thought is many people wont be able to get into the 40-man MCs concurrently, or even more then once. Let alone be able to get into the raid if we're doing it in ONE NIGHT. This was why I suggested this.
        I got the idea from Jandreyn who had summoning parties ready to go for this occassion when she completed hers.

Otherwise, we're talkin on the order of a month to complete a questline for a blue FR ring - which is kinda dumb.

I'd set up the summoning parties (even pay gold to the lock), but I'm not in the raid at this time.

Either way, people should at least be ready for the junk mob portion of the questline. 1st pulls will basically complete it as they only require 1 of each.

edit: I guess the other option is simply to do this for people just after the hand quest is done, before domo/rag. So at least we have the FR for that fight.

As for the BUG, Saijer... when did this occur?? before or after last patch?

Comment

That bug has been around forever.

I agree that you should limit it to one quest per weekend. We need to be speedy when we're running it on one day, meaning we can't have 15 people leaving the raid to go get the next step in the quest, and we can't sit and wait watching Lucifron pat around for 30 minutes for them to get back.

It wouldn't take months though. two or three weeks tops, assuming they're JUST beginning.
          RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
            Problem with this thought is many people wont be able to get into the 40-man MCs concurrently, or even more then once. Let alone be able to get into the raid if we're doing it in ONE NIGHT. This was why I suggested this.
            I got the idea from Jandreyn who had summoning parties ready to go for this occassion when she completed hers.

Otherwise, we're talkin on the order of a month to complete a questline for a blue FR ring - which is kinda dumb.

I'd set up the summoning parties (even pay gold to the lock), but I'm not in the raid at this time.

Either way, people should at least be ready for the junk mob portion of the questline. 1st pulls will basically complete it as they only require 1 of each.

edit: I guess the other option is simply to do this for people just after the hand quest is done, before domo/rag. So at least we have the FR for that fight.

As for the BUG, Saijer... when did this occur?? before or after last patch?

Don't think it would take a month(as it took me two weeks to get this done) but if you do setup summoning parties it would take extra time from the raid so you are looking at 6-7 hour clear of MC instead of 4-5 hour(just a guess...also depends on how many people need it). Of course, this will be up to the RL to decide. :)

And I think I heard Sajier mention that a while ago pre-1.12 patch.
            "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

Yeah let's please not have people leaving the instance for any reason on Saturday. We need to be at the top of our game to clear the instance in four hours, and this would just be an unnecessary distraction.
              Ninja

Comment

Welp, it was just an idea. Really comes down to just how patient people are. I am more then most I think.
                With a summoning party at the waterlord this could be done in 5 mins.
                There's no way on this earth it would add 2 hours to a raid.
                Kill trash, get summoned to waterlord, get summoned to MC... done.
                With a party standing by even after the hands are gotten, this quest can be shortened to killin Rag ONCE, rather then 3 times before the rings are acquired... common sense to me.

Given the time between raids even assuming you're in EVERY one it's at least 3 weeks until u can even use the ring during Rag. Add a rotation, RL stuff, yada yada and voila... a few months

Then again, I'm the type that will willingly cram as much gaming into an evening as I can.

Comment

LOL.....agreed Suilung....my math is completely off. :p I guess it took me quite a while to get that ring but I'm patient enough to do it.

Also, if you factor in the time to get the people to Azshara(3 people there, 3 people at MC + the number of people going to turn in the quest) I don't believe it's going to take 5 minutes. And you have to stop the raid right before Luci and right after Sulf so I'm thinking the second part would take the longest since you summoned everyone back to the instance after the first initial turn in(and not sure how the first turn in works if the people are at Azshara to summon you). I know 2 hours is an over-exaggeration but I'm pretty sure if you break the progress of the raid it will be pretty close. Just a thought but it is up to the RL which way to go. :)

Comment

nah, it was just a thought - aint gonna happen really... and if it did it would be just to get through EITHER the hands portion OR turnin it in... so only 1 summon. And, only a few guildies... nothin to stop the raid.
                    The real pain is finding a party to sit at the waterlord.

Comment

Bugs been around for quite some time, I completed my quest while in 1.10, 1.11 didn't fix it, I haven't been back since 1.12.
                      Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Actually, that whole summoning party was so that we could have enough of the Aqua Quintessence in order to make the attempt at Rag. I think only 2 or 3 people had it at that time and it was a 1 shot deal, not the eternal one like it is now. It took a lot of jumbling around to get 3 people in place in Azshara and 3 out side the instance ready to go to make it as quick as we could. But I think it still took almost an hour.

Level 80 Warrior
                        Level 74 Priest

Comment

Yah... bad idea on my part.
                          But, nevertheless - just reminding people to get this done.

Comment

Not a "bad" idea. Unwieldy perhaps. :) Definately a nice reminder though.

Level 80 Warrior
                            Level 74 Priest

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...