MC in 4.5 hours? Sweet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MC in 4.5 hours? Sweet

I just wanted to say that I'm really excited and proud that we were able to get through Molten Core in about four and a half hours last night. If I'm not mistaken, we didn't wipe on *any* boss fight. That's 10 bosses that we one-shotted; nothing to sneeze at. We obviously did have a few blips and delays in the intermediary, but oh well. I'm sure we'll get better at reducing the frequency of those as we do this more.

So yeah! Again, great job, guys. Being able to do this opens the door to doing more advanced stuff on the raid night that we save by not stretching MC to two nights. Good stuff. I'm excited to be at this stage with you all. :row__572:
    Ninja

Re: MC in 4.5 hours? Sweet

Not to mention all the phat lewt. ^_^

Some sore spots to mention:

We spent 15 minutes trying to 10 man a dog and surger at the same time after some imp pops took out the other 30 people in the raid. Hunter melee FTW! Another 5 minutes to rez and reposition.

We spent 15 minutes in a random bio break after Gehennes. It wasn't even halfway and we just stopped to twiddle our fingers.

10 minutes of recovery after someone accidentally aggroed the side pack on the run up Baron's path. Boo for random wipes.

5 minutes at Ragnaros' room wondering where Arkamis went when we loss comms.

That's 50 minutes of down time I swear we could shave off somewhere.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
      Not to mention all the phat lewt. ^_^

Some sore spots to mention:

We spent 15 minutes trying to 10 man a dog and surger at the same time after some imp pops took out the other 30 people in the raid. Hunter melee FTW! Another 5 minutes to rez and reposition.

We spent 15 minutes in a random bio break after Gehennes. It wasn't even halfway and we just stopped to twiddle our fingers.

10 minutes of recovery after someone accidentally aggroed the side pack on the run up Baron's path. Boo for random wipes.

5 minutes at Ragnaros' room wondering where Arkamis went when we loss comms.

That's 50 minutes of down time I swear we could shave off somewhere.
      I was still setting up the groups... also you guys know me... say something when I randomly shut up!

Comment

Sorry Ark, but I think some of us were enjoying the queit when you dropped from comms. ; P

Comment

Doin MC in one-night to me is just as big as downing Rag himself, if not more important.
          Not only does it free up a weekend night to raid, but it helps compel people to sign up for new content. This translates into the guild gaining power at an increased rate... more 40-mans, more loot, more people able to raid... it's just great.

I will also say our "rotation" went well last night with people having to leave and get replaced - myself included. Just takes communication. Remember, if you need to leave inform your CL, your RL, and prospective people to replace you. Replacements should be at the door to MC well before you leave.

After the 1st Razor kill, things are really gonna start crankin up around here. We're oozing content.

Comment

I think now that we can do MC in 1 night with our mains, it might now not be inconceivable to do MC one or two nights with our alts and some of the newer level 60 members who haven't done, or haven't had the chance to do, due to full sign ups. I think it could be possible!
            I don't suffer from insanity,
            I enjoy every minute of it!

Comment

I can say that we have come a very long way from that very first trip into MC. It is awesome that we can now do a one night MC. Now we can focus on BWL! We have the drive and people to make it happen. Everyone should be excited at the prospect of our first BWL takedown. I know we can do it!

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
              Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
              Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Vondoom View Post
                I think now that we can do MC in 1 night with our mains, it might now not be inconceivable to do MC one or two nights with our alts and some of the newer level 60 members who haven't done, or haven't had the chance to do, due to full sign ups. I think it could be possible!
                Nah...that'd be taking a step back from our forward progress. What we really need to do is focus on BWL and the world bosses and try to take them down with greater frequency. THEN when we're working heavily on BWL there will be more open spots for alts and the such in MC since several people will have progressed beyond MC.

Rinse and repeat. Eventually we'll be heading to AQ40 and BWL will be left open with MC as an 'occassional' thing we've grown beyond.
                My sanity is not in question...
                It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                  Nah...that'd be taking a step back from our forward progress. What we really need to do is focus on BWL and the world bosses and try to take them down with greater frequency. THEN when we're working heavily on BWL there will be more open spots for alts and the such in MC since several people will have progressed beyond MC.

Rinse and repeat. Eventually we'll be heading to AQ40 and BWL will be left open with MC as an 'occassional' thing we've grown beyond.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Were far from having BWL as an
                  "occassional thing" for ourselves. Infact we are still having trouble filling our roster for BWL now as it is. I think maybe we should expand our rosters(meaning more applicants) and have a night or two for some of the newcomers and those who get left out because of the numbers of only having one MC night. Those of us with Alts could also help fill in the numbers. As it stands now were already STARTING to feel some of the growing pains of not being able to have enough spots available for all those who want to raid.
                  AQ40 and BWL will become easier with experienced and well geared players.
                  Not those with ZG and UBRS material. I think MC is the next progression to those areas. You have to have a large base of players if you wanna build us up to the top. Lets also not forget the expansion is coming out in November!
                  when that happens there will be an even bigger gap from the casual players to power gamers. Lets get a large foundation so we can be the best guild on Thunderhorn!
                  I don't suffer from insanity,
                  I enjoy every minute of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Vondoom View Post
                    Lets get a large foundation so we can be the best guild on Thunderhorn!
                    Having been with another guild recently, and having interacted with a large amount of other guilds, i can already tell you we are the best guild on the server.
                    People wise, we have the best personality and some of the better skill on the server.
                    Progression wise... well, we're slower than most, but that's a part of our strength. Most every other guild that steps up to endgame content Fizzles as soon as the pace slows down. people get mad and people start gquitting.

MC runs are tough to plan, and planning two per week would be brutal. some people would get bored of running it twice a week, or get burned out from raiding.
                    Not to mention that there are still mains that need gear. let's get them outfitted before we start spending time and energy getting alts equipped. your alts will get gear, but you gotta understand that as a raiding guild, we need keep pressing forward.. we need to keep the momentum. BWL is going to be a big challenge, and we're gonna need your focus and your understanding.

So, Yeah! whooo! 4.5 hour MC clear!

Let's shave off the hour of mishaps and spend a whole weekend in BWL now!

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Well said, Manny. I agree.
                      Ninja

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed