Suggestion: Sunday BWL should be earlier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: Sunday BWL should be earlier

Just a thought... why have a Sunday raid at 7 server? Most people dont work on Sunday's I assume but they still have to get up early on Monday. Not to mention, Sunday night football will steal people away.

Seems logical to maybe at least bump up the raid to say 6 server, maybe even earlier. This was we dont lose people like we usually do at around 10 server.

Thoughts?

Re: Suggestion: Sunday BWL should be earlier

well if you start it at 6 server time and even 7 server time there is prob a strong chance I won't be able to make it, due to me working. This will change when Day light savings hit but till then I wouldn't be able to make it.

SHiro

Comment

nah.. we tried earlier.. 6 is the dinner hour... it is best as is
      powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Not that it matters for the overall guild or anything, but I know 6 server time would be far too early for me. Family time for dinner and such.

Comment

You guys eat too dang early :)
          Raids always seem to INTERRUPT my meals :(

Comment

7 Server = 8 EST, 7 CST, 6 MST, 5 PST, 9am Aussie time
            6 Server = 7 EST, 6 CST, 5 MST, 4 PST, 8am Aussie time

Lrn2eatfast. That way you can pack it up and munch on it in front of the computer. Alternatively, you can go days without food. ^_^

Anyhow, if it ain't broke don't fix it. I suppose we could send out invites a tad earlier and get the ball rolling with a smaller raid in places like MC and ZG now then pick up speed as more people show up and get their places. But for BWL its best to leave it at the time people are most comfortable with. Sign ups are sketchy enough as is. -.-
            My sanity is not in question...
            It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

If it's earlier than 7 server, I will not be there...period. That's family dinner hour = sacred/protected time.
              Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                7 Server = 8 EST, 7 CST, 6 MST, 5 PST, 9am Aussie time
                6 Server = 7 EST, 6 CST, 5 MST, 4 PST, 8am Aussie time

Lrn2eatfast. That way you can pack it up and munch on it in front of the computer. Alternatively, you can go days without food. ^_^

Anyhow, if it ain't broke don't fix it. I suppose we could send out invites a tad earlier and get the ball rolling with a smaller raid in places like MC and ZG now then pick up speed as more people show up and get their places. But for BWL its best to leave it at the time people are most comfortable with. Sign ups are sketchy enough as is. -.-

Awww Tarenth, you remembered me and included Aussie time! :)

Delirium Platoon Leader
                Fate Squad Leader
                All round fantastic dude

Comment

Heh...just a note that if we should EVER hear you say "AFK need to get some dinner" we should probably take a good look around us and call the raid because its gone on long enough.

Also, blame Gaviin for ninjaing the time away.
                  My sanity is not in question...
                  It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by beep View Post
                    If it's earlier than 7 server, I will not be there...period. That's family dinner hour = sacred/protected time.
                    LOL, I hear ya there Beep. Personally, my life would be a lot easier if our raids all started at 8:00 server.
                    “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

I'd love to see earlier starts, because 1am server finishes are ridiculous to me. I'd also like to see an 11pm hard cutoff. I need sleep before work, and feel bad leaving the raid early, but when the raid goes until 1am, I say "I really should have cut out at 11pm, when I was first getting tired enough not to play my toon as well as I could." Another option is to try a scheduled raid for 12:00 or 12:30pm server time on Saturday or Sunday. I tend to work Saturday Afternoon, but would sign up for a raid Sunday afternoon.
                      Anahlahna and Friends

Comment

Might not be a bad idea to try to mix it up a bit. If certain times don't work then we scrap them, but it may help get people who have a hard time raiding during our "normal" time involved more. Personally on Sat and Sun I could sometimes start earlier, but it really pushing it to be ready by 7 or 7:30 any other days for me. Having a Sunday afternoon raid would work great too - we almost always have enough ppl for a 20 man on during the day on the weekends.
                        Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                        Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                        ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistos View Post
                          Might not be a bad idea to try to mix it up a bit. If certain times don't work then we scrap them, but it may help get people who have a hard time raiding during our "normal" time involved more.
                          When I first joined TG we had raids that had varying start times. This was good because I can't make the early raids. Then the varying times stopped and it went to all early raids. Now the raid times continue to keep getting earlier. This is why I no longer raid and remain in the minus DKP :( I would like to be able to actually sign up for a raid instead of having to Queue up and wait for a spot. But I understand that things shouldn't change just for me. So since I can't make the raids with my mage I have been playing my 60 Shaman on another server. Needless to say I haven't been on my mage in a long time. So take this post with a grain of salt.

Comment

Just my 2c... I largely agree with Pistos and Anah's posts.

Weeknight raids that end at 1:00 server are also almost impossible for me (and yes, Sunday is a WEEKNIGHT!), so I therefore end up having to bail at a reasonable hour, which I hate doing because 1) it hurts the raid and 2) it means I usually miss the last boss(es), which are the most fun.

BUT

Friday or Saturday night raids (for those of us with a stereotypical weekday work schedule), for the most part, can usually go as late as needed. (NOT ALWAYS! I KNOW!)

Can we reach a compromise/rotation? Maybe a couple earlier start times during the week, and then later start times on Thurs/Fri/Sat? or perhaps an odds/evens rotation that guarantees a mix each week? For example, if we do one week that is "Early AQ, Late ZG" and then the next week is "Late AQ, Early ZG" (just for discussion's sake, of course, I am aware that there are more raids than that), we may be able to create opportunities for casual raiders (we are a casual raiding guild, after all) to see places they normally can't make it into. Since our guild spans two coasts and at least 3-5 time zones (counting our Aussie side-kicks, of course :-), we are in a tight spot, with dinner-hours/family-time/child-needs being spread across the whole evening.

This will all vary person-to-person, of course, but if we can come up with a solid time rotation, not only will some of us sleep better (read: not on the couch), but others who don't get to raid as often will get a chance to sign up and not have to pray for a spot. And that means more completed instances, and more L337 3P1XX... It also means, on the other hand, that those who normally would queue will have to step up and fill those early/late spots! It's a balancing act, like all other things.

This could also work in conjunction with the officers' earlier decision to rotate people in/out of signups as needed to promote fairness in raiding. Obviously, not a simple task, but one worth trying out, IMO.

But, to quote the late Phil Hartman, "What do I know? I'm just a caveman!"

"What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow out of this stony rubbish? Son of man, you cannot say, or guess, for you know only a heap of broken images, where the sun beats, and the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief, and the dry stone no sound of water." --T.S. Eliot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X