Shadow Word: Death ololz!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow Word: Death ololz!

I can't wait to see priests accidentally killing themselves!!!!

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/un...st/spells.html

I mean... poor priests, how carefully they must time their spells!

Re: Shadow Word: Death ololz!

and for the american link
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...t/talents.html
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...st/spells.html
    Last edited by Alava; 09-11-2006, 03:55 PM. Reason: forgot link
    Thunderhorn:
    70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
    70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
    70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
    70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
    70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
    70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
    70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
    Gilneas:
    50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Comment

ZOMG Mass Dispel = TOTEMS!
      “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

I am seriously disappointed in the Talent additions. The Circle of Renewal is nice, but the talents leading up to it are not worth 10 points. The Disc 41 pointer is basically an "Oh Crap" button like Fade, and not really worth 41 points in the tree.

The actual interesting one is the shadow priest one, but I am not going to sacrifice the healing needed for raids, for a bunch of damage.

The spells seem interesting at least, but I doubt I will ever put Death up on my bar unless I am soloing.

Overall, *sighs*
        Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Actually i thought that several of the talents in both trees are worth it. Circle of renew can be awesome if you are a kind of healer that does it whenever they can in between heals. Reflective sheild is awesome too amoung other things
          Thunderhorn:
          Gilneas:

Comment

Kinda disappointed myself. Lightwell is still there wasting a 31 point talent spot. Circle of renew is ok, but definitely not outstanding due to range limitations and its basically a HoT version of a base spell that I rarely use except perhaps in 5mans. For that high of a talent I kind of expected something that would have more impact across the entire raid not just a group -- especially since anyone putting 41 points into the Holy tree is probably raid healing.

Outside of the Shadow tree (where there do look to be some interesting and fun talents) it looks like the only thing I actually went "Ooo" to is

-------------------------------------------------------------------
            Improved Divine Spirit - 2 ranks
            Requires 1 point in Divine Spirit

Your Divine Spirit and Prayer of Spirit spells also increase the target's spell damage and healing by an amount equal to 5/10% of their total Spirit.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------

The few spells they listed look pretty neat - especially the mass dispel and the prayer of mending.

The high end disc talent is probably the answer to escapability issues... interested to see what the forum trolls have to say. I'm sure they're just cranking away about the world ending and shelving their healers to make warlocks. Always a source of entertainment.

At least we got something to read about. Hunters and Druids still in the dark.
            Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
            Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
            ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

I disagree somewhat.

The 41 disc talent (pain supression) is a PHENOMINAL talent. Think a castable shield wall...every 3 minutes. 60% flat damage reduction before armor and resists that's instant cast, 154 mana (peanuts), and lasts 8 seconds with a cooldown of 3 minutes. Warriors cry over their shield wall with this now and we can toss a 'save me' that is much MUCH stronger than the shield/fheal routine.

The 41 holy tree talent is...meh. Castable only on party members and only heals party members within 15 yards. It will see a little more use if you could hit other parties with it to share the love, but if its the caster's party only its a useless spell. Hell, most bosses in raids require you get at LEAST 15 yards between the next person to avoid getting multismaked. Would be handy in CQC though. Like the guardians before Ossirian (LOL! Ark ate another meteor!) or the 'cluster up and pwn' phase of Buru. Its faster than PoH (which is nice) but costs a crap load of mana and cannot crit to spread inspiration lovin.

41 shadow tree is fheal for shadowform priests. Yawn.

Really love improved DS and might twink a few places just to get it.

Oh! BTW. Love the fact we get a mass dispell. But I laugh as people who use decursive now. Why? Decursive and mass dispell won't mix since its an AoE targeter.
              My sanity is not in question...
              It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                The 41 disc talent (pain supression) is a PHENOMINAL talent. Think a castable shield wall...every 3 minutes. 60% flat damage reduction before armor and resists that's instant cast, 154 mana (peanuts), and lasts 8 seconds with a cooldown of 3 minutes. Warriors cry over their shield wall with this now and we can toss a 'save me' that is much MUCH stronger than the shield/fheal routine.
                Maybe I read it wrong, but I took it to be on self only. If we can cast it ON another player then its cool.
                Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

Self only shield wall, yeah, useless. If Im tanking, there is a major issue :).

| | |

Comment

The more I think about it, the more unhappy I am becoming. I think basically Blizzard took care of soloers and PvPers, but didn't take care of raid healers. 10% of +healing to my GHs? Seriously? so I get an extra 43? Come on.

Group Renew will be used slightly more than Prayer of Healing, but not that much cause of the massive mana cost.

| | |

Comment

actually they took care of raid healers in there, improved DS, reflective shield, prayer of mending, i could go on. Also the pain suppression should be able to be used on other people cause from the way i read it it doesn't say "cast on the caster" or something like that like most other self cast spells do, so here's hoping ; )
                      Thunderhorn:
                      Gilneas:

Comment

All I can say is CRAP, CRAP, CRAP and more CRAP. The only good thing I can see out of this is now with a few extra talent points, I'm going to be able to pick up enough shadow talents to be more effective soloing and stay a raid healer.

Comment

Empowered Healing is a waste of talent points for that high in the tree. If you don't have +2000 healing you can't match the benefits of Spiritual Healing's gain.

Here are some numbers I ran based on the only single target healing talent added in the Holy Tree.

Spiritual Healing vs Empowered Healing

I have my BC level 70 build, it doesn't go above 31 in a single tree.

Saj's Likely Healing Build

| | |

Comment

I'm underwhelmed. Some of the new stuff is interesting and helpful, but feels "pasted on".

Shadow talents are the most interesting of the trees now, but still oriented toward damage dealing with gimped healing...a bit like an oomkin that can still heal if "forced" to.

I foresee more pressure on Blizz to revisit their BC talent trees.
                            Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Reflective Shield - blah - Maxed out at 5 point you reflect 50% of damage your bubble takes back... Rank 10 Shield takes 942 damage. So for 5 points (actually 10 in order to climb the tree high enough) you get something that will reflect back less than 500 damage. Can't see how that really helps much.

Improved DS - awesome - will help all casters out with the increased damage. Even if its only 10% of spirit thats +30 spell damage for most priests and probably +20 for mages and locks i would assume. Not sure why anyone wouldn't get this unless they are shadow.

Prayer of Mending looks like a cool spell. Its not a talent too which is cool.

I hope you're right about the pain suppresion Alava. If so its pretty cool. If not its a joke. Kind of like lightwell. Well, maybe not that bad.

Sajier -- From what I can tell you can get Empowered Healing in addition to SH and get both bonuses.... but what they've done is put EH high enough in the tree so you can't get that *AND* all of Mental Strength / Divine Spirit.

Hoping there's more coming that will make me happy. Right now I don't hate it, but just feel a bit disappointed.
                              Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X