Wanted: Opinions before I post this elsewhere

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Opinions before I post this elsewhere

Thinking about posting this on the main forums, but wanted to get feedback from people I know understand the game first: :)
    -------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I read a lot in here today and its obvious there are a lot of people who are upset with the BC talents in the holy tree specifically, and I agree. But rather than just complaining why don't we try to offer suggestions on what we would want? I think Blizzard would be far more open to hearing suggestions rather than complaints.

So, I will start:

Here are my two suggestions:

Holy Form (1 Talent Point): (Replacement for Lightwell With a Pre-requisite of 5 ranks Spiritual Healing)
    Increases Healing and damage done by holy spells by 5%, reduces threat on holy spells by 5%, and increases mana regeneration by 5. Cannot cast shadow spells while in Holy Form.

-- Justification: In the end, at 31 points we get +15% to healing because its tied to Spiritual Healing, 5% to holy damage spells, and creates a mana regeneration that isn't overpowered in comparison to gear, but does aid in mana regeneration that heavy healers would love. The loss of shadow spells means no Fade or Pyschic Scream, which is a loss for healing priests as aggro management, along with the obvious damage spells. This means that it has the double edged sword like Shadowform.

Empowered Healing (5 Talent points) - (Requires 35 points in Holy)
    Increases Healing by up to 30/60/90/120/150.

-- Justification: Has a solid addition to +healing while not requiring massive +healing to create real effect (1500 +healing to get 150 with the current design) . This also allows for not having to calculate it differently on Flash Heal vs GH, but treat it the same as you already do on reduction based on casting time. This should be easy to implement.

Holy Presence (1 point) - (Requires 40 points in Holy, 1 point in Holy Form)
    In addition to normal healing on target, Greater Heal heals each party member for 5% of the heal.

-- Justification: This just is a fun bonus that plays into the fact that holy priests have gained an aura of holiness about them and spreads to the party. With GH5, in proposed Holy form with +500 healing (357 added to GH at 2.5 seconds) generating heals between 2617 and 2880, would heal the party for 130-144 each cast. This would give a justification for using larger heals to gain more party benefit out of the group heal portion rather than scaling back ranks. It minimizes the +healing portion that would effect the party so that lower rank spells will not give nearly the benefit. I think this would be a great addition.
    -----------------------------------------------------

So, thoughts?
    Last edited by Sajier; 09-12-2006, 04:36 PM.
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Re: Wanted: Opinions before I post this elsewhere

Sounds a HELL of alot better than the CRAPOLA that they have now.

Comment

I like all of those much better, but I have my doubts about how open Blizz is to listening to suggestions. Of course it can't hurt to try. I had read alot of the "suggested" and "leaked" talents before the actual BC talents were released and I have to say the one I was really hoping for was some kind of holy form. Not only would any reasonable talent (+15% to healing would be nice even at the expense of fade/fear) be much better than LOLwell but it would look cool as hell too.

I'd say worth a shot :D
      Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
      Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
      ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Thanks guys, would love to hear from priests and non-priests alike, do you think this would be too overpowering?

| | |

Comment

Holy Form should have a visible effect on the character, skin glows, eyes glow, etc.

Overall looks pretty good.
          Uglyduck - Spec varies - Currently Prot
          MMORPG = Many Men Online Role-Playing as Girls

Comment

Works for me...I like it.

Well thought out and reasonable!!
            Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

There's a thread in the priest forums about 8 pages long that is 1/2 people flaming and 1/2 suggestions -- many of which are very good. Hopefully they will be open to some discussion.

It seems the concensus is that the Priest Sheild Wall (or whatever its called) is self only. Maybe there will be some more information released soon. I can't access the forums atm or else I would post a link to that thread.
              Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

No shadow spells? Ouch. Without fade, priests are dead.
                Anahlahna and Friends

Comment

Fri, with the 20% threat reduction on Silent Resolve, and the 5% reduction on Holy Form, it would mitigate the loss of Fade at least a chunk.

Fade is great, no doubt, but just as Shadow Priests lose all the holy tree spells, hurting them, the Holy Tree would need to do the same. Means that healing priests have to be cognizant of things that aren't being tanked, and such before they drop major heals. Definitely certain fights where you wouldn't be able to use Holy Form (Razorgore) simply for this fact. Also would mean that priests must rely on the talent of the warriors more, which to me, is a perfectly reasonable thing.

| | |

Comment

Sajier, although I woulda have also liked to seen a bigger boost to our healing, your changes would make a Holy Form Priest the "must have" spec for priests. They gave us more utility skills, even in the Holy tree because the game is balanced around healing, and increasing healing too much trivializes content. I played Everquest with its Complete Heal (healed the target to full basically) and it made the raid content to where every boss would kill a tank with more than 1 hit, and required timing for CHeal carefully.

Personally, I'd rather have utility and just get healing boosts from new ranks of flash heal and greater heal. Of course once the x-pac comes out and we know what kinds of encounters we're dealing with, it'll all be a different story.

Comment

I can see them not giving more of a straight increases healing a bazillion % as a talent because of balance, but i'm still now sure how either the 31 or 41 Holy Tree talents are going to be useful.

15 yards is way too small it seems like alot of Overhealing and mana wasting for the Circle of Renewal thingy and I honestly don't know 1 priest that uses lightwell. People make fun of it and I'm sure there are talents that many people think are stupid in every class, so maybe its not different, but as a priest not knowing one other priest that uses the current Top Talent in the Holy tree seems pretty bad.

We'll see how the builds end up and how the new stuff fits in. And of course no one knows what to expect from Blizz regarding content and how some of these new talents fit in with that (Focused Power and its dazing effect for example).
                      Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

FYI before the priest review there was a suggestion on the priest boards about an "Angel Form" that priests could use in contrast to shadowform. It was layed out very similar to what you have now.

Results?

SoR now makes you an angel
                        Lightwell is a HoT that's very cheap to cast
                        Power Infusion increase healing/damage of people

Rawr!
                        My sanity is not in question...
                        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X