Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Fun BC news

Originally posted by Eyonix
    Alright, I will provide you and everyone else with two tidbits of information that we've not yet revealed through any source. Both of which I'm personally very excited about, and hopefully you will be as well. First, when the Burning Crusade launches, healing over time (HoTs) spells such as Rejuvenation and Renew will stack for every player casting them. For instance, if there are three priests in your group, a target could potentially receive three renews as one time. Second, we're going to be scaling Warlock and Hunter pets come expansion so that they become stronger as the player gains more statistics through itemization.

Now you can't say that I've never given you anything, you know, besides Lightwell...
    5 priests = 5 renews. That's 1500 every 3 seconds at least.

<3
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Re: Fun Fun BC news

Originally posted by Tseric
    Here are a few points regarding upcoming Talents/Abilities, in no particular order and, as usual, subject to change:

Spellsteal will randomly grab a beneficial effect. This spell is undergoing a lot of work, because of its tricky nature, so the spell's game mechanics will change during development to reflect the intended function. For now, consider it to cast the stolen effect on the mage, so Power Word: Shield would confer the Weakened Soul effect in addition.

Someone had asked if Arcane Potency affects the whole channeling of Arcane Missiles. It does.

The Water Elemental is currently another source of ranged DPS. It has no duration(will only despawn on death).

The devs are considering changing Ice Lance to make it more interesting and a more meaningful choice for DPS.

Invisibility will wipe threat once the 8 second 'fade to invisible' effect completes. A few uses would be content bypassing, escape or preventing initial targeting in BGs.

The Wounded state mentioned with Molten Fury means having health at 20%, same as the condition for using Warrior's Execute.

Dragon's Breath disorient effect will break on damage. The disorient effect will only occur if damage is dealt. Creatures/Players immune to fire will not cause the disorient effect.
    So much mage love.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tseric
      Here are various points of interest about some of the new talents and abilities. It doesn't really follow any train or theme, so bear with me. ;)

Dark Pact will be receiving treatment similar to the Life Tap change, so that it takes spell damage gear into account (scaling).

The Felguard is still under development, so I don't have too many specifics that might not change. However, a brief exchange in a meeting with the devs went something like this:
      - Me - What's the Felguard looking like? Will it possibly replace the VW?
      - Dev - Hmmm...yeah, maybe it should. It has DPS abilities at the moment, but maybe it should have some threat-generating mechanics, as well.
      - Me - ...(thinks of respecing into demo)
      Hey, no guarantees, but it is under consideration.

Shadow Embrace is a self-oriented buff that reduces physical damage the Warlock may take. It won't stack with repeated casting.

Nether Protection will only proc from an outside source. Hellfire, Lifetap or other self-inflicted damage will not proc the effect.

Someone had asked why threat reduction was applied to Imp. Drain Soul instead of something like Grim Reach. Simply put, it makes a lesser used talent more valuable.

Soulwell is not the only source for Master Healthstones.

Seed of Corruption will explode whenever the target takes a total of 1044 damage from one or more sources. It only damages opponents. The damage from the explosion will count toward the 1044 damage of another target, should one be nearby. Think about that for a bit. You could also refer to the sig below for inspiration.

Tseric's Sig - It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.
      I have this very very nasty image of chain explosions. Seed of Corruption triggers the seed on another target which damages the original target more and triggers a third which repeats the insanity. O.o

Also, if two seeds are on one target the first seed will cause the second seed to go off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post

<3
        Hmmm....as nice as that seems, I'm thinking of the mobs/instances where that sort of healing will be REQUIRED!! :icon_eek:
        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

If a cold hearted master demonologist can have a warm fuzzy feeling. I am having one now.

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
          Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
          Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Beep
            Hmmm....as nice as that seems, I'm thinking of the mobs/instances where that sort of healing will be REQUIRED!!
            Silly Beep. Most of the new instances will be 5-15 man settings with only a few 25-40s to toss a bone to the hardcore raiding community. Not many of them will have 5 priests to spare.

Also, Patchwerk and some of Naxx already requires that much healing. This just makes that encounters a tad easier for the nonhardcore raider.

Comment

i was thinking the exact same thing Beep =)

Comment

I love how the blues think Lightwell is just a big freaking joke almost as much as we do.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post

<3
                  Wow! Gone are the days of wasted Renews and messages of "a more powerful spell is active". This is nice....
                  70 Priest

Comment

Originally posted by Wintrow View Post
                    Wow! Gone are the days of wasted Renews and messages of "a more powerful spell is active". This is nice....
                    Yea that is pretty cool for throwing on the MT. It'll just be alot more overhealing/wasted mana for other classes probably, but for boss fights that will be a pretty sizeable heal per tick in anything with multiple priests.
                    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                    Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                    ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

I view this as both a good and a bad thing. It is great because its useful in some situations, but to me it also promotes unintelligent healing and turns healers into bots of just spam renew/rejuv.

I guess I am in wait and see mode.
                      Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

With the new Pally ability to regen mana equal to 10% of healing taken, I LOVE this!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X