Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those people who are saving for an epic mount...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those people who are saving for an epic mount...

Originally posted by Drysc
    This change was implemented after the latest revision of the patch notes was made available for inclusion into the 1.12.1 patch binary. It will be documented in a future revision however.

There will be effectively two riding skill levels, apprentice and journeyman. The cost for the riding skill will be significantly higher than it previously was, however this is offset by a drastically lower cost for the actual mount.

For current players with mounts there will be a seamless transition to the new system. You will continue to have your mount; you will continue to be able to use it, etc. What this change does for players who don't yet have a mount or an epic mount is take the emphasis off of the mount itself, and put it on the riding skill. This helps give players access to more variety without requiring a large monetary investment if they, for instance, just want to pick a different colored horse.
    Originally posted by Tseric
    Basically what we are doing is merging the types of riding trainers. Rather than having an Undead, Orc, Troll and Tauren mount riding trainer, they are being grouped under one banner. You will train the riding skill like purchasing another tier in a profession. Apprentice for the first available mounts, Journeyman for epic mounts.

It bears most of the cost onto the riding skill, so all mounts themselves are more available.
    Summary:

-Mounts will be cheaper
    -Indiviual race riding skills (tiger riding, horse riding, etc) will be merged into one blanket skill with ranks.
    • Apprentice -> level 40 mount
    • Journeyman -> Level 60 mount

* Who wants to wager a Master -> level 70 is added for flying mounts later in BC? This change removes the need for people to train a new riding skill for each type of flying mount if there are multiples of them.
    -Players with Epic mounts will already have the Journeyman skill learned (maybe all 60s will get this boost).
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Re: For those people who are saving for an epic mount...

So that means....you don't need rep with another faction to buy a mount?

SOB!

Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!! TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS

Comment

Though, I wouldn't be surprised to see faction needed to buy a swift mount from another place.
      Anahlahna and Friends

Comment

Yeah, you still need the faction to buy the mount, but you don't need the faction to learn the different riding skills.

Of course, since mounts are BoU (Bind on Use) you could get someone else to buy the mount for you and just give it to you. -.-;

Also, this means ALL those PvP mounts are now usable by people who get the rank because you don't need the specific riding skills anymore.

w00t! Way to go backwards Blizzard!

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
          Yeah, you still need the faction to buy the mount, but you don't need the faction to learn the different riding skills.

Of course, since mounts are BoU (Bind on Use) you could get someone else to buy the mount for you and just give it to you. -.-;

Also, this means ALL those PvP mounts are now usable by people who get the rank because you don't need the specific riding skills anymore.

w00t! Way to go backwards Blizzard!
          lets use it to our advantage :D

Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
          BY FIBER BE PURGED!! TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
          TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS

Comment

Tell that to all the people who are now crying over the loss of hundreds, if not thousands, of runecloth to get exaulted rep with another race so they could ride different mounts. :P

Still, I think all those "rep grinding" jokes made on Blizzard is paying off in the removal of some of the old grinds. Or if not the removal, the simplifying.

No more PvP grinds.
            New quests with Timbermaw for rep.
            New quests in Silithus for rep.
            Instances where mobs do nothing but give rep.

etc etc etc

Comment

if you look on the test realm forums as long as you have a epic mount in your bags you will get the Journeyman Riding Skill.
              Originally posted by Hortus
              You will still get Journeyman Riding (150) but the mounts have a level requirement so you will not be able to ride them until level 60.

We've tried really hard to think of every single possible situation with players and mounts. If there are any that we have missed please let us know.
              ...and as for the faction based mounts, even though you may have one in your inventory looks like you still need to be exalted to use it :(

Originally posted by Hortus
              Faction Mounts have racial restrictions on them, so even if you managed to get hold of a mount from the other faction (say through the Booty Bay auction house) you would still not be able to use it.

Comment

Yea i was wasting time in the official forums and it looks like they are going to change the mounts to BoP. Of course its all kind of sketchy so who knows for sure, but then you'd still have to get the faction in order to buy the mount.
                Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Actually according to Hortus you will be able to get a mount on the AH, but they will still have racial restrictions on them, so no kodo for you!
                  Anahlahna and Friends

Comment

very interesting....there always has to be a catch
                    If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is X; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X