Hey Amrod...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Amrod...

I have 6/8 GS now, as soon as I get the other 2 pieces, my tier2 pants and my leaf (yeah, i guess i finally need to face the facts and do the friggin epic quest... sigh) I plan on signing up only as a last-minute place filler in MC. I know there are several hunters itching to get their purples just as bad as me, and those of us in full tier 1/partial tier 2 will have to lead the charge in BWL, repair costs be damned. In this way, the gearing process should progress naturally.
    What bosses do your 2/8 GS drop from? What we ought (great Southern word) to do is if you are not in the raid, one of the hunters can leave from that boss and you take his place so you can max out quicker. I would do it for ya.

Re: Hey Amrod...

Interesting idea Altor

I need [item]Giantstalker's Leggings[/item] from Magmadar and [item]Giantstalker's Breastplate[/item] from Golemagg.

The Tier 2 Legs are less of a priority for me right now, so if I make it to Rags one night and they drop, awesome. If not, no big deal for now.

The [item]Ancient Petrified Leaf[/item] should drop for me in the next couple weeks from Domo.

The only issue is DKP. If we set this up after I get one more of the pieces, the 7/8 set rule will go into effect, allowing me to finish the set regardless of DKP. Obviously, if another hunter really, really really wants them, I'd defer to them, absolutely. I would, however, like to get out of the rotation ASAP so others can not only get geared up but start earning more DKP regularly.

Anyway, let's chat with Crebis about this, he's the boss!

"What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow out of this stony rubbish? Son of man, you cannot say, or guess, for you know only a heap of broken images, where the sun beats, and the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief, and the dry stone no sound of water." --T.S. Eliot

Comment

If any hunters wanted to do this, it is up to them on a situational basis. DKP still stands...unless all other hunters in the raid defer the piece to you of course.

I had thought about this for Crebis since I only needed drops off Golemagg and Sulfuron. Like I sign up, but let someone that Q'd to go in my stead for the first 6 fights, and I go from Golemagg/Sulfuron up to Rags. However, I was in a DKP hole from the Ring and Leaf I picked up...which I finally worked my way out of before switching mains to my druid.

Comment

Humm...hey Crebis, I've got a prospect for ya.

Since I already got the Shoulders off Sulfuron and the Chestpiece off Golemagg I'll be willing to switch places with Talara after we kill Shaz and Geddon. I passed on every single BoP GS drop before those two so I wouldn't be in much of a competition to get them.

Talara and Tarenth can stick around then switch to Crebis and Mirra for Sulfuron and Golemagg. Then its up to the raid leader if I swap back again or drop for Domo and Rags. Dunno if Mirra will pass muster on Domo and my FR is pathetic at around 80 for Rags. Wouldn't mind getting a [item]Benediction[/item] or [item]Cauterizing Band[/item] though. ^_^

I can make the same offer for Amrod as well. While I'm gonna want to get my leggings, I can drop so you can do Golemagg, Domo, and Rags. Golemagg for chest, Domo for leaf, and Rags because (while I'd like to be there) I'd be too lazy to haul myself back to rejoin the raid and hold everyone up for Rags. ;)
        My sanity is not in question...
        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
          Humm...hey Crebis, I've got a prospect for ya.

Since I already got the Shoulders off Sulfuron and the Chestpiece off Golemagg I'll be willing to switch places with Talara after we kill Shaz and Geddon. I passed on every single BoP GS drop before those two so I wouldn't be in much of a competition to get them.

Talara and Tarenth can stick around then switch to Crebis and Mirra for Sulfuron and Golemagg. Then its up to the raid leader if I swap back again or drop for Domo and Rags. Dunno if Mirra will pass muster on Domo and my FR is pathetic at around 80 for Rags. Wouldn't mind getting a [item]Benediction[/item] or [item]Cauterizing Band[/item] though. ^_^

I can make the same offer for Amrod as well. While I'm gonna want to get my leggings, I can drop so you can do Golemagg, Domo, and Rags. Golemagg for chest, Domo for leaf, and Rags because (while I'd like to be there) I'd be too lazy to haul myself back to rejoin the raid and hold everyone up for Rags. ;)
          I have a hard time allowing an alt to step into a raid (subsituting for a main) for the purpose of getting gear. If the alt has gotten into a raid through our usual signup procedures, then good-o for them. Gear away! Substituting alts for main mid-raid (unless asked by the RL) opens a Pandora's box of precedent that I don't think we want to open. Everyone with a level 60 alt will then want to start substituting...with fairness and raid balance among many potential casualties.
          Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by Amrod View Post
            Interesting idea Altor

I need [item]Giantstalker's Leggings[/item] from Magmadar and [item]Giantstalker's Breastplate[/item] from Golemagg.

The Tier 2 Legs are less of a priority for me right now, so if I make it to Rags one night and they drop, awesome. If not, no big deal for now.

The [item]Ancient Petrified Leaf[/item] should drop for me in the next couple weeks from Domo.

The only issue is DKP. If we set this up after I get one more of the pieces, the 7/8 set rule will go into effect, allowing me to finish the set regardless of DKP. Obviously, if another hunter really, really really wants them, I'd defer to them, absolutely. I would, however, like to get out of the rotation ASAP so others can not only get geared up but start earning more DKP regularly.

Anyway, let's chat with Crebis about this, he's the boss!
            I would be willing to do this for any hunter that is at least 6/8. You guys have been doing this a lot longer the Gundola has and I don't mind gearing you up to better the BWL raids. I know I will eventually get mine.

A friend of mine, Glaistig, in his horde guild does something similiar. They decide before hand what piece each hunter wants and everyone passes so the one can get it (regardless of DKP). I think we are a tight group. Let's take care of each other. Crebis, I'll do this for you as well...

Comment

While the offer still stands for Amrod to switch out for Golemagg and beyond if you wish it...I can see where Beep is going with that.

Its true that a precedent should not be set for mains stepping out for alts to get loot. The only reason I suggested it was because it'd be switching a druid and hunter for a hunter and priest. Then again, Crebis is a feral druid so we might be strong on healing and weak in tanking (he tanks more than some warriors O.o) so balance may be an issue.

Dunno...didn't think of Crebis as an alt until Beep pointed that out. I guess I should consider Crebis the 'hunter traitor' more often then.

However if class leaders (nice coincidence that Crebis is still hunter class leader)for both parties and raid leader approve of the switch for that particular raid then I see no reason why it shouldn't be allowed provided that those exalted personas are consulted first.

Should also stipulate that such transations may only be enacted under the 'set completion' situation and only when a significant majority has been achieved with current gear.

IE: If you have 6/8 of a set we'll help you get the last 2 pieces. If you have only 3-4 of the set then sign up as per normal procedure and get the loot the regular way.
              My sanity is not in question...
              It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Thanks everyone for weighing in!

I think we're on to something good here... Gun/Altor put it well: we're a tight group, and we help each other out. Maybe prior to starting MC this week, we can chat in Hunter Channel and set up some priorities. For example, if the chest drops, I think Doof will get it, since he has the most DKP and it is the last piece he needs in MC. If the Legs drop, I'll take them, and I'll bid on the Leaf if it drops. If anyone else wants it, bid away! I'll pass to you. It'll drop again, anyhow. Once we are down to 1-2 pieces left, the switching out exercise (for mains only, from what I can tell) might help to organize the system.

We'll see how this weekend goes! Then we can plan more accurately. And thanks again to all for their generosity!

"What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow out of this stony rubbish? Son of man, you cannot say, or guess, for you know only a heap of broken images, where the sun beats, and the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief, and the dry stone no sound of water." --T.S. Eliot

Comment

If anything happens here, it needs to be within the class and agreed to by all involved.

Let's just say that Crebis was still my main to uncomplicate this...Tarenth and I could make a deal since Crebis just needs Golemagg and Sulfuron (the 2 bosses that tarenth does not need). So, Tarenth would step out and Crebis would step in...other hunters in the raid might want to have a say so in this though...because maybe this was the only night Doofeey could come in a little while and he needed the chest...It's unfair to Doofeey isn't it...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X