2XAQ20 needed...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2XAQ20 needed...

Okay, I think it's time for 2xAQ20 guys. You saw we were pretty successful with 2XZG, I think it's time for this to carry over to AQ as well, which is in many ways more important of an instance then ZG due to CC rep./brood rep. and most importantly BOOKS.
    This week's AQ already has 30 members signed up and I'm sure we could get more if it was offered, as well as offering a chance to lower-geared 60's and alts to join. We have many people who could lead these raids, so that's not a problem.
    So why 2XZG and no 2XAQ20??

-Siu
    "obsessive CC person"

Re: 2XAQ20 needed...

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
    So why 2XZG and no 2XAQ20??
    Bugs are scary?

Seriously though I'd be up for more CC Rep er.... AQ20. Its hard for me to know exactly when I'll be available during the week until the day before or the day of the raid so the spots are often filled. More raids will probably mean its a little easier to get into the 20 mans.
    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
    Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
    ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

We had a really hard time getting the groups for ZG. Not enough sign-ups. AQ is harder. We need to pull together and sign up for instances... if you don't need anything, queue so you are showing support by being available if we need you. If we can't fill our raids, we may recruit more, then you might not be able to get into what you want to.
      Anahlahna and Friends

Comment

this wont happen for a while.....
        we have a problem with our ZGx2 going off the ground... id say once we can do ZGx2 mid-week with 1-2 days of signups... then lets start clearing MC during the week =D
        powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

This was my intent to switch to AQx2 when ZGx2 proved viable. This weeks ZGx2 took a little in the way of getting all to sign up and get the raids moving on time. Also, one of the groups had a hard time in there when we lost 2 players, thus crippling the raid. And since we were running 40 ppl deep into ZG, there were no replacements to right the raid.

When we get better at ZGx2, we'll start some AQx20 raids.

Comment

It should be noted that AQ20 is significantly different than ZG. If you were to compare the two then ZG is BRD and AQ20 is Scholo.

ZG was designed when the closest instance in comparison was the 15 man UBRS run. As such its designed very much like UBRS with timed respawns and the work. Sorta like the MC of 20 man instances. While I'm not sure, it may even have linked mob spawns similar to MC (kill Tiger boss and no more tigers spawn, etc)

AQ20 was designed very differently than ZG. Think the BWL of 20 man instances. You could clear it in a single run if you tried very hard, but it also lends itself well to taking multiple days to clear it. This is because once you kill a boss all the mobs up to the boss no longer respawn. (Kill Kurinaxx and the first two rooms are clear of bug packs. Kill Rajaxx and all the waves are gone for good. Kill Moam and you get no more Destroyersor scarab packs. Kill Buru and you get no sand stalkers packs. Kill Ayamiss and you get no more large bug packs. Kill Ossirian and you get no more guardians.). There is also a significantly longer respawn timer since it takes 24 hours for all mobs killed to respawn for any boss unkilled.

Until we can get AQ20 down in 1 run like we can get ZG down, I think 2 AQ20 is a pipe dream.

However if we can field ZGx2 then we can also field ZG/AQ runs. Then we can have 1 group in ZG and the other in AQ20 and switch the next day.
            My sanity is not in question...
            It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

That's an interesting idea. Raid 1 and Raid 2. Raid one does ZG on, for example, tuesday. Then hits AQ wednesday. Raid 2 the opposite days. Sounds viable, yet there will still be the problem of few people able to fill in for people who have to leave.

Comment

Also getting locked into instances, you need all the people that were in raid 1 to be there both days...same with raid 2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X