"Calls Out for Healing"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Calls Out for Healing"

I've been trying to think of a way to say this for a couple weeks without it sounding really bitchy but I realize it is what it is...

I can't stand the "Player X calls out for healing" macro or auto-emote or whatever it is. As a healer I know when people need a heal. I'm staring at the health bars all the time - be it on the emergency monitor or within the groups themselves. And honestly most of the time if that's the first notice any of your healers have that you need help - then its probably too late. I'm really not looking for a whole lot of discussion on the topic but since it bothered me I thought I would share. If you're in a PUG 5-man somewhere then maybe it can be useful but during MC seeing a half-dozen "calls out for healing" really doesn't do anyone any good.

This isn't some kind of crazy deal-breaker thing or anything that should cause drama. And if other healers find it helpful than I'll happily deal with the annoyance knowing that it is for the good of the group. :D

Thanks for listening to me whine.
    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
    Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
    ...and other distractions of various levels.

Re: "Calls Out for Healing"

/concurred.

it wasn't till i started turning on my sound that i realized why i turned off my sound.
    hearing generic female voices call out 'heal me!' totatlly throws me off. and then digging through the 'heal me!' spam in raid chat... yeah.
    I agree with Pistos! Hear Hear!

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Thanks for voicing this, Pistos. I get no value from those emotes either. I'm sure that these are probably just settings that haven't been updated from everyone's days of PUG-ing rather than attempts to "help" us do out jobs.
      70 Priest

Comment

It's always the healer's fault when someone dies....right???

:P
        Lub it on!!!

Comment

I'm not even a priest and I agree.
          Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Yotion View Post

May the fleas of a thousand camels bite your butt while you sleep!

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

Originally posted by Yotion View Post

Depends on if you're in a PUG or a guild raid.

Guild Raid: Blame Gaviin
              PUG w/Gaviin: Blame Gaviin
              PUG w/o Gaviin: Take the blame by saying "Yes, its my fault, I choose to let you die so the mobs would come over to me because I was lonely"
              Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
              Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
              ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Iliana View Post
                May the fleas of a thousand camels bite your butt while you sleep!
                Nice :)

Your A&M logo says it all...

Only steers and queers like A&M and you're not a Tauren :D

Hehe just kidding...I am from Texas, but I am not an A&M fan as you can tell :)
                Lub it on!!!

Comment

I think it may be a hold out of the days before we all got SCT. For some people that /healme voice is their only notice that they've gone below X amount of health.

Of course its bloody annoying too. -.- Nothing irritates me quiet like someone in a 5 man PUG spamming "Heal!" to the priest or group chat. In fact, I usually respond with "OMG! TANK! TANK!" or "OMG! DPS! DPS!" just to return the favor.

There is one vemote I do approve of. When a healer hits 20% or less mana and runs out of cheap tricks to bump that higher its nice for /oom to go out. Lets everyone around you know that someone is going to be in trouble because someone is out of mana.

No. This does not apply to warriors and rogues. :P
                  My sanity is not in question...
                  It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

No it defaults when you have Khaos/Cosmos. I never turned it on and have turned it off several times but everytime I upgrade it it will turn back on. I know the last time I tried turning it off it wasnt where it used to be and had a hard time finding it. I upgraded yesterday and BAM it is back on again.. I hate it!! I meant to make an effort to find it again last night but didnt get a chance to log on long enough.

Comment

What's really annoying is when someone has to be stupid and kill someone who is possessed instead of letting them be sheeped and slowing the raid down because that person has to be rezzed, rebuffed and possibly regen mana.

Comment

Now come on Hale, we've all had fun beating up on someone that is MCd. I seem to recall having to strip off all my armor b/c ya'll were sooooo keen to kill Ili if it happened. You dastardly guildies you!

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

Originally posted by Iliana View Post
                          Now come on Hale, we've all had fun beating up on someone that is MCd. I seem to recall having to strip off all my armor b/c ya'll were sooooo keen to kill Ili if it happened. You dastardly guildies you!
                          Bah...we just said we were going to kill you so we could see you strip.:row__631:
                          "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

Oh, come on Hale, there are many times when you have killed someone that was MC'd and I know one time when it happened to me and I was killed. Everyone knows that I was the one that got the last two shots in but I wasn't the only one to attack you. It is all in fun and if I knew you would be like this, would I have shot you.. prob not.. and speaking of slowing the raid down how does sitting and DRINKING water really slow the raid down? Ok maybe 10 seconds BIG WHOOP but what slows down the raid more Hale, someone having to drink or finding a member because a person left because he died? If it is the money issue ok, I will ask the people who attacked you to contribute 20 silver each so they can pay your repair bill. It should be around 1.3 gp. I don't know why you didn't take it as a joke because I KNOW you would be laughing if it was myself who was MC'd and killed or someone else. You wouldn''t have said "that was bad ok I will leave now because of what you did to that other person." I am not attacking you but come on hale it was for fun.

Comment

Off Topic--Isn't it considered a PvP kill and no armor is lost?

On--Topic--I'll try to find my addon that is doing the call outs...My SCT works better now anyways.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X