Book: expert first aid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book: expert first aid

Where does a person find this book without having to resort to the obnoxious auction house?
    Re: Book: expert first aid

http://www.thottbot.com/?m=10618

Arathi Highlands, in the castle in the southwest "Stromguard Keep"

read the posts at the bottom of this for a "How-To" http://www.thottbot.com/?i=9635
    Uglyduck - Spec varies - Currently Prot
    MMORPG = Many Men Online Role-Playing as Girls

Comment

If you want, I can go pick one up for you.

Comment

As a rule of thumb the trainer NPCs have a line of code that checks their dialogue with you against your level. Yes I know, "Who ever reads what they say?". In fact you should always glance though what the NPCs have to say when you interact with them.

Each trainer has a number of different lines of text they can pop up. Generally here are a few of them.

If Skill level is less than X then get message: 'You're not good enough, talk to <NPC>'
        If Skill level is between X and Y then get message: 'You're coming along well'
        If Skill level is between Y and Z then get message: 'You'll soon be better than me'
        If Skill level is between X and Z and random factor is 1 then get message: 'You're good enough to learn how to make <rare pattern>. You can find it off <location/instructions>'
        If Skill level is greater than Z then get message: 'You're better than me, talk to <NPC>'

In short, if you're not ready to talk to the trainer they'll tell you you aren't and direct you to where you should go.
        If you are currently using the trainer and just started on that level they'll say something about improvement.
        If you are currently using the trainer and are finishing on that level they'll say something about surpassing them.
        If you are currently using the trainer there is a rare chance they'll mention a pattern you have to pick up or purchase and direct you where to go and what to do.
        If you are pass the level of the trainer, they will tell you where to go to learn more.

Of course fishing, first aid, and cooking work slightly differently so they cheated on them. Once you get past Journeyman the dialogue will direct you to where you can buy the Expert book. Once you get past Expert the trainer will still direct you to buy the expert book, but have a quest that directs you to the Artisan trainer. This is because for coding purposes the secondary trainers are all expert trainers so only train up to journeyman and clues to expert, but don't have the next sequence of text for artisan.
        My sanity is not in question...
        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X