No announcement yet.

TG, Vael, And The Awesomeness involved.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG, Vael, And The Awesomeness involved.

Hey all.

I just wanted to take a moment to congratulate you all on the hard work that you all put into Vael tonight, and amazing progress that we made.
    I'm not ashamed to say that i didn't expect vael to drop below 20% tonight, because as you all know, i spent time with an Endgame guild that had problems with Vael consistantly, and i figured we'd have a hard time learning...

But you guys totally soared above my hopes and expectations, and have left me feeling like we've got a chance at getting this Mofo down within the next couple of weeks.

Vael will never be on farm status, but we can at least look forward to moving on to the first batch of Trash mobs pretty soon, and after that, it's just one laggeriffic suppression room between us, and the Broodlord Lashlayer.

If we stay focused, and keep our game faces on, I'm certain that we can See Nefarion down around christmas time.

Thanks for making tonights raid so much fun, guys!

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Re: TG, Vael, And The Awesomeness involved.

Christmas time? Doubtful. Mostly because of the sheer number of people who will either:

1) Be poking around in Outland trying to be the first with a flying mount
    2) Be grinding the battlegrounds to buy the phat lewt you can get there with the new honor currency
    3) Rerolling a dreani shaman or paladin to give the new race a test drive
    4) Run around like a chicken with its head cut off as they try to get jewelcrafting maxed out

Gotta remember BC comes out in November. ;)
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

My Lock has several bags FULL of gems for jewelcrafting ;) no running for me... Just the Shaman thing.
      Anahlahna and Friends

Comment

ya.. well.... dont get your hopes up on the late oct/early nov date for release.. because bliz has their finger on the <postpone> button again
        powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

One of the big issues it seemed with this fight was HOW MUCH FR you actually needed, especially in the caster group.

One of the dynamic parts of this game are the many types of heals you can get. In our group we had a few healer changes so we constantly kept switching FR for stats and vice versa, dependant on the types of heals we were getting. It seemed to work pretty well, at least for the mages (who have Fire Ward of course). The CAVEAT is, yah, your healer can get BA and die and ur left with low FR if you went that route... but in the end, ur not gonna last very long anyways unless there was a healing pickup.

With Holy Novas we could drop our FR around 100 and be perfectly fine, which means more damage... and by perfect I mean 100% health at all times.

So, just a note for certain groups to consider is alter your gear based on what healer is assigned your group. It'd be nice just to simply say "max out your FR", but realistically until EVERYONE is in really great gear it's gonna be hard to put enough dmg. on Vael with all the FR gear on.

Also, last night was done WITHOUT Fire Aura and Vael STILL went down to 17%... not to mention the raid was unbalanced. Fire Aura means more dmg. gear instead of FR gear.

We should also pay more attention to our crit % and +dmg in this fight... Anything you've got that will raise crit values should be used in lieu of stats you wont need in Vael (like Spirit and stamina, in some cases). We opted not to use AB at one point, but that's saccing nearly 1% crit for casters... more if u consider "Kings". 1% crit for 8silver? done-deal.

Lastly, health pots. In the fuzzy region near a "raid wipe" when your heals are lacking these health pots can mean success or failure sometimes. Healthstones are great, but pots are better. Pop em near the end to buy some time and put Vael down, much in the same way we do Buru. Like Zeeg said, get ur PvP rank to 6 and the pots are cheap.

Anyways, I had a heck of a lotta fun last night... which is most of what we all need. I wouldnt be surprised if Vael goes down on the next shot, dependant mostly upon raid makeup.

Comment

One of the things Sajire and I did that was a big help to us personally last night was that we stood right next to the wall to heal. We were out of the range for his cleave so there were no interuptions to casting and it seemed to me that I took less dmg from the buff as well. Maybe it was just my imagination though.

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

I'm also pretty damn excited about the progress that we made last night. On our two great attempts, we kept Beep up for a long time. I think if we can keep him up until he gets BA, then improve the transition to the next tank, in line in terms of healing and positioning, we'll have it down.

As long as the tank has aggro and people are watching their damage pace (I was feinting every time it came off cooldown and controlling the number of my backstabs), it's really a pretty smooth fight in terms of damage-dealing. I know healers must have a tough job trying to keep the tank up, but I think they'll improve with experience.

As long as people are focused and remember what they're supposed to do, I'm pretty confident that we can down him next week.
              Ninja

Comment

Ok, my observations.

First off. DAMN CLEAVE!! I hate that thing. I tried to make several adjustments throughout our attempts to avoid it while still using holy nova and never could find a way that I didn't get slaughtered.

The very last attempt, with permission from Manny, I switched from Holy Nova to Prayer of Healing, and stood at the wall with the MT healers. Until Vael moved closer to us at the wall after 2 MTs died and one of the healers was top of the agg list, I was never getting any reduction to cast times, and I was easily able to keep the tanks in my group at darn near 100% health. The large range on Prayer of Healing (I have holy reach so I think it hits at about 30-35 yards) made this a much much easier fight for me and no cleave YAY! :).

I think we might want to play with this a bit more for next time.
                Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Ok, a couple suggestions for consideration:

Group 1: MT Group
                  MT 1
                  MT 2
                  PoH Priest
                  MT Healer 1
                  MT Healer 2

This group would be designed to solely keep the MT's up. What this group gives us is that the PoH priest effectively is keeping the MT Healers healed while also providing some "bonus" healing on the MTs. I think this could free up a couple extra healers for the rest of the raid.
                  ---------------
                  Group 2: Tank Group.
                  PoH Priest
                  Tanks

I think that with the transitions and the need for the tanks to be closer to the front, that the healer really needs to be far enough away to avoid the cleaves.
                  ---------------
                  I think the rest of the groups worked very well. I don't think our rogue priest was getting hit as hard as I was on the Tank group and if he/she was then PoH might be a more effective way.

I think Holy Nova is great for the rest of the groups though because the damage they are taking should really just be the AE and Holy Nova should cover that damage well.

Just my suggested changes.
                  Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

I was in the rogue group and didn't seem to be getting affected by the cleave at all. I was able to Holy Nova spam and keep the rogues up fine. I was throwing the occasional shield on tanks as well where i could. There were a couple times when one of the rogues would get a little out of range but for the most part there was no problems in our group til Beep went down. And I think that transition is just something that will get easier once we have more practice. I definitely agree with Saj - his switch to PoH seemed to really make a huge difference. When Vael starts moving all over the place I had some issues getting tail swiped (once he knocked me almost all the way into Razor's room). Overall I thought we did awesome and expect to see him go down soon.

As far as BC and how it affects our progression in BWL I would hope that we keep raiding BWL every week from now through the expansion. I mean, we're not all going to install the expansion and stop raiding are we? Maybe it means less raids like ZG so people can explore and work on leveling to 70, but it shouldn't mean less BWL time.
                    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                    Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                    ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Sajier hit the nail on the head with the PoH. PoH allows all the priest to target the current MT and still heal their group with PoH while never having to click off the MT. The trick with PoH is that the party members must be aware of the priest location and stay in range. This is really important when people die and the groups are changed mid fight to get the most usage out of the PoH.

Typical heal chain for all the priest--
                      MT - Flash Heal
                      MT - Flash Heal
                      Party - PoH(AQ20 book helps because you can usually sneak in an extra flash heal)
                      Shadow Word:Pain Vael if you can. (only got 3 minutes. Every bit helps)

rinse and repeat depending on the FR of your group.
                      Happychick 70 Holy Priest
                      Asminn 70 Rogue

Comment

Sry I missed this guys I had some family things in the afternoon that went later than planned and had a child with homework he had put off that he needed the computer for. So until I get my laptop I have to make homework come first.

I'm sure you had plenty of offers to fill my spot though.
                        "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

As a caster healer, Holy Nova kept me and my entire group at FULL health the entire time until the tanks dropped and Vael turned our way. I even had time to drop the occasional SW:P on the dude. So consider this another positive voice supporting our strategy and the suggestions to tinker with our handling of healing the MTs to keep them up longer. Sajier's grouping ideas seem promising....

And I agree with Chair; until I see BC in the stores, I'm not believing any release dates based on Blizzard's history...
                          70 Priest

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                            Christmas time? Doubtful. Mostly because of the sheer number of people who will either:

1) Be poking around in Outland trying to be the first with a flying mount
                            2) Be grinding the battlegrounds to buy the phat lewt you can get there with the new honor currency
                            3) Rerolling a dreani shaman or paladin to give the new race a test drive
                            4) Run around like a chicken with its head cut off as they try to get jewelcrafting maxed out

Gotta remember BC comes out in November. ;)

I'd like to hope that our raiding doesn't hit a wall as soon as the expansion comes out.
                            we've declared ourselves an endgame guild, and we should do our best to stick with that. Saying that we don't want to raid a couple of nights a week anymore so we can further our own personal Expansion goals is just downright lame.
                            just leaving BWL hanging would be a pretty bad move, in my humble opinion. Even though the raids will be smaller in BC, There are still gonna be raids, and teamwork will be just as important, (if not more so) in the smaller raids... So why not hone that WHILE working on our levels?.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

I agree, Manny.
                              Ninja

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...