Instance Guides?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instance Guides?

Wondering if it is being discussed or has been discussed? Basically, taking screenshots of positioning(for boss fights) and doing strat write-ups to use as a reference(a la Razorgore fight..done by Arkamis).

I think it would help in a couple ways. Would help new people who haven't been to a particular instance know what to expect and how we setup for a certain boss and/or help refresh people's memory who haven't run that instance in a while. And maybe cut down on explaining every instance each time we run it. Also help RLs that haven't run a certain instance before with positioning and strat.

Just a suggestion. Any thoughts? :row__631:
    "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Re: Instance Guides?

like THIS?
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Exactly, Chair but customized to TG strats. I know we pool strats like those from different places and tweak them to fit our players so I thought it would be helpful to post guides the TG way of doing things. Just a thought.
      "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

Might be done. This would require work from people other than the officers/Raid Leaders.

Comment

Crebis and I were talking about this. I am willing to put time/effort into this.

It would serve two purposes: 1.) to have a solid frame of reference for new 60s to learn the TG way of doing things, 2.) to establish consisitency amongst the raid leaders on how things get done.

Many of our strategies have been home-grown and modified from previous experience/study. As such, reading wowwiki is only marginally helpful.

Comment

Good idea.... but I think Muirc just volunteered to start writing!

Comment

Lol luna.....I'll take the screenshots but as for the writing I'll leave that to the RLs :) I suffer from A.D.D, remember? I only remember it when I'm in the instance for the most part so I don't think it would be a good idea for me to do the write-ups. :p

Comment

I'd be happy to give a hand in the writing, it's basically the only thing in life that I'm good at.

I'd just need to sit with Ark/Crebis/Chair/Luna etc. in TS for a lil' bit and take some notes.

"What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow out of this stony rubbish? Son of man, you cannot say, or guess, for you know only a heap of broken images, where the sun beats, and the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief, and the dry stone no sound of water." --T.S. Eliot

Comment

I have a couple guides I use:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Instances_by_Level

http://www.wow-pro.com/node/691

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse