Thread deletion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread deletion?

Out of curiosity, why was the thread regarding buying gold (as well as a side discussion on skinning practices) deleted without any explanation? Considering I spent a decent amount of time writing about the skinning thing, I'm not too pleased at this.
    Ninja

Re: Thread deletion?

Just a guess, but buying gold is tantamount to cheating, and cheat-chat finds its way to the dustbin, often taking whatever was around it.

My condolences for the baby being thrown out with the bathwater though.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

In my opinion, if an admin decides to delete an entire thread (which in most cases I disagree with, but whatever), then they should take the care to move any acceptable discussion that took place in the thred to a new thread first. If that's not possible, at least post in the thread that it is marked for deletion and give the posters a chance to copy/paste their stuff somewhere else.
      Ninja

Comment

takes to much time. PM the person in charge and im sure they can get that info out of the thread
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Does the entire thread have to be deleted or is it possible to just delete the inappropriate posts?

Though I do have to say that I find it mildly entertaining that Gaviin's post was...
          you know its coming...
          NINJA'd!
          Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
          Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
          ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
            takes to much time. PM the person in charge and im sure they can get that info out of the thread
            They can get the info out even after its been deleted?
            Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
            Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
            ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

I believe all 'deleted' threads are actually hidden from public view and marked as deleted to the forum admins and moderators. Well...at least until permenantly deleted.

Dunno, that's how some forums work so they can keep a nice database of what was posted by who when and where, then reference that to who posted the questionable content and then watching them to see if they're a troll or making legit postings and it was just a brain fart.
              My sanity is not in question...
              It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

yeah only forum moderators can actually see a "soft deleted" thread. Alls a moderator needs to do is reopen it
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

Comment

Don't say that I don't listen... http://www.tacticalgamer.com/world-w...ng-debate.html
                  Thread hacked up and merged back into a solid post that makes sense...it's not as simple as it would seem...and yes..it is "soft deleted"...I still see all posts no matter what.

Comment

Thanks, Crebis! I appreciate it. We all know I can dish out the ninja'ing, but I can't take it.
                    Ninja

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X