Farming/Grinding for gold location?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farming/Grinding for gold location?

Ok, me needs me some gold. Anyone have any suggestions as the best place to grind for gold besides the tower(crusader enchant) or Tyr's hand.

I gave Tyr's hand a shot last night and seemed to be a good place. Made about 2-3 gold in an hour with 2-3 green drops that I put in the AH.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
    "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Re: Farming/Grinding for gold location?

find something in your professions that sells well on the AH...
    - maintain an inventory of those items
    - keep some up on the AH at all times
    - do not oversupply ( prices will drop )

IMO the AH is the best place to "farm" for gold. It may take you a while to find your niche, but once you have found it, you will find and endless stream of gold.

If you insist on killing things for gold. I suggest two methods. First, supply the twink market. Run deadmines, SM, and other lower level instances for BOEs that sell well to lvl 19 and lvl 29 PvP twinkers. Second, probably the easiest, farm the rock elementals in NW Silithus for Essence of Earth, and the Twilight Cultists for the Encrypted texts. Sell them at the avg price on the AH.
    Last edited by duck; 10-09-2006, 01:29 PM.
    Uglyduck - Spec varies - Currently Prot
    MMORPG = Many Men Online Role-Playing as Girls

Comment

Un'Goro is a farmer's dream if you have the right professions. The stone guardians are easily soloable, and in 20 minutes you can get at least 50g worth of drops, particularly [item]Essence of Earth[/item] and [item]Guardian Stone[/item]. And if you skin, Devilsaur Leather is worth a might price.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkamis View Post
        Un'Goro is a farmer's dream if you have the right professions. The stone guardians are easily soloable, and in 20 minutes you can get at least 50g worth of drops, particularly [item]Essence of Earth[/item] and [item]Guardian Stone[/item]. And if you skin, Devilsaur Leather is worth a might price.
        don't forget the [item]Un'Goro Soil[/item], it seems to sell very well
        Uglyduck - Spec varies - Currently Prot
        MMORPG = Many Men Online Role-Playing as Girls

Comment

I know alot of people think I was crazy for doing TH rep in Winterspring, but while I was doing that farming of beads. I went from barely keeping 40-50g on me to having over 500g and holding strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Haletma View Post
            I know alot of people think I was crazy for doing TH rep in Winterspring, but while I was doing that farming of beads. I went from barely keeping 40-50g on me to having over 500g and holding strong.
            I did this for a while as well...It does provide a nice bit of cash, but it is boring as can be!

Comment

Another option is farming Winterspring for the [item]Mature Blue Dragon Sinew[/item]... I know it's a luxury, but the dragonkin drop some sweet stuff, as well as some high-priced recipes and schematics. Just be sure to bring enough food and water to reduce downtime, the elites are not pushovers and you will need to recover after each fight.

Even with going through 1 drink and 1 food per mob, i managed to average 20-30G per hour (after 30 hours, or course). And, if you manage to get the sinew and decide not to hand it in, it sells for 500-700G depending on the market!

"What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow out of this stony rubbish? Son of man, you cannot say, or guess, for you know only a heap of broken images, where the sun beats, and the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief, and the dry stone no sound of water." --T.S. Eliot

Comment

Originally posted by Haletma View Post
                Beads? I haven't heard of those. Which beads and where is the best location to farm for them?

Thanks for the input everyone. Good stuff. I suggested the Tyr's hand location because most of the mobs there are squishies and go down fairly quickly and don't require me to recover after each mob. I could get through maybe 2-3 mobs before I had to recharge.
                "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

I dont know about you guys, but when I'm done with my CC rep I plan on farming silithus for gold.

As of now, twilight texts and cultist gear all go for 1G per, even more sometimes. If you try to undercut the market you'll likely get bought out. If you find and kill the prophet, that's 10G right there just in texts. You have the option of also making medallions, selling crests, signets, as well as lordship rings and abyssal scepters. If you put urself in the loop for all this stuff you could conceivably make a few hundred gold per evening not including the scepter. As for twink gear, the best and easiest to acquire is the Abyssal Set, which usually drop off dukes... form a 5-man and just rotate stones all night while farming; this is MOST efficient.

Running 45 minute baron runs is a great way to make cash. It doesnt take long, it's fun, u get rep, and come away with tons of loot and shards. These days, TG always has late-night strat runs goin - it's a bit "exclusive" but Crebis always spams GC first before puggin it up. With our quasi-push for Naxx (which we all know Manny is in love with), look to see multiple groups EVERY NIGHT for this instance. If one is full, form another and I bet people will join.

During Darkmoon Faire, which is now, take advantage of repeatable quest items. For us engineers, this is the ONE time we can actually make money with our skills. Look to see MY equipment on the AH with a nice markup.

Comment

Originally posted by Muirc View Post
                    Beads? I haven't heard of those. Which beads and where is the best location to farm for them?
                    I believe he is talking about these beads (but i could be wrong XD)which you get from the Winterfall Village beasties, you hand them in in groups of 5 for 50 extra rep with the Timbermaws, you also get good money for the Winterfall Firewater they occasionally drop (approx 20g for 10 in my server AH atm) if you dont use it yourself ^ ^.
                    You can also get the eko while you are there but only if you have this which you can hand in for a variety of short magic buffs.
                    Last edited by Just G; 10-12-2006, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Just G View Post
                      I believe he is talking about these beads (but i could be wrong XD)which you get from the Winterfall Village beasties, you hand them in in groups of 5 for 50 extra rep with the Timbermaws, you also get good money for the Winterfall Firewater they occasionally drop (approx 20g for 10 in my server AH atm) if you dont use it yourself ^ ^.
                      You can also get the eko while you are there but only if you have this which you can hand in for a variety of short magic buffs.
                      Those seem to be only horde quests.

Comment

Originally posted by Just G View Post
                        I believe he is talking about these beads (but i could be wrong XD)which you get from the Winterfall Village beasties
                        I think Hale was farming those beads for himself for rep (the beads are BoP). In doing so you get coin and cloth plus the occasional green/blue drops from the timbermaw. Killing in winterspring for the beads (the felwood ones drop feathers and are a bit lower lvl) you can also farm Icecap and Dreamfoil if you are a flower-picker.

I grinded those ugly bear critters to a high enough rep to get my enchants and tailoring patterns from them and really don't have a need to go higher. But you can build up quite a bit of a bankroll while getting rep if you are so inclined.

I like to farm with my alt, but usually only when I can't get a 5man. I like to change it up alot too just for variety. Tarlords in Ungoro for Living Essence, Water Elementals and Treants in Felwood, Furbog for cloth/cash, Satyrs for felcloth/cash, and mix in the occasional couple hours of straight mining/herb hunting.

If you are running 5mans with people that are already geared you can walk out of scholo with little to no repair bill plus cash, a couple shards, a couple greens, a bunch of runecloth, and the occasional BoE blue. Plus if you do the Viewing Room there is 10 big AD Rep stones (not including Jandice).

The other thing that people do is farm expensive drops for AH. Crusader tower is just one example. And Muirc, as a hunter you can use your pet to get a jump on mobs that are camped pretty much all the time.
                        Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                        Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                        ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

I would go get a part time job and put that money towards buying gold on the black market. Less time will be involved in the job to make the money needed to buy a bunch of it. 2-3 gold an hour < minimum wage.
                          |TG-Irr| Dfg872

Comment

Originally posted by Altor View Post
                            Those seem to be only horde quests.
                            Do you mean the Eko..?

Comment

Originally posted by dfg872 View Post
                              I would go get a part time job and put that money towards buying gold on the black market. Less time will be involved in the job to make the money needed to buy a bunch of it. 2-3 gold an hour < minimum wage.
                              But that is just pointless and takes some of the fun (although repetetive at times ) out of the grind to get your bank roll back up where it should be !!!.........and you end up with bout 15g an hour in the village area not 2-3 !

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X