Horde pet in IF - screenshot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horde pet in IF - screenshot

Found this on the Realm Forum, some Horde hunter used Eyes of the Beast to kill a bunch of people in IF while they were AFK/not paying attention...

Our very own Ricca makes a cameo! :)

http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...gAnch=imgAnch6

"What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow out of this stony rubbish? Son of man, you cannot say, or guess, for you know only a heap of broken images, where the sun beats, and the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief, and the dry stone no sound of water." --T.S. Eliot

Re: Horde pet in IF - screenshot

Yay Ricca!

Comment

We saw that yesterday, but it's not a Horde pet. If it were, when you target the pig it would say the name and "soandso's minion" over it. This pig doesn't, it's simply a named pig that spawns somewhere in front of the place in IF where you signup for PvP. We saw it like 5 times in a row while waiting on a BG to pop, and it followed the exact same path every time it spawned. It runs up the steps, and the IF guards at the base of the stairs attack and kill it. People seemed as if they were waiting for it, so I think it may be some new quest mob. At least, that's what I gathered from it, who knows...
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

I think the photo is from the perspective of the hunter, he's using Eyes of the Beast, a spell that let's you directly control your pet for a couple minutes, including attacking, etc... you can see the icon for it in his buff list. The hunter's portrait is in the top left, along with the pet's. You can't see the name over the pig just like you can't see your own name over your toon.

"What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow out of this stony rubbish? Son of man, you cannot say, or guess, for you know only a heap of broken images, where the sun beats, and the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief, and the dry stone no sound of water." --T.S. Eliot

Comment

Understood, I'm not talking from that screenshot though. I was in IF yesterday and saw this pig 5 times. When I went up to him, all I saw was that name Draxion I think it was. I did not see anything but that.

P.S. Now that I took a second look at that screenshot, it makes me wonder though. I thought it always showed that it was someones pet in the name... I ran around the area looking for a stealthed or hidden Horde, didn't see anyone.
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

LOL I cant believe this was on the forums but look at the picture..If it is a horde how is it he can read our chat...But yet we are all red to him even the Ironforge in the corner..Draxion was the name and it didnt have anything about being someones pet.. Who knows i tried to save the lvl 21 dude but I could not pull aggro all i could do was just hit him..Who knows but it was fun..
            Candrice 63 Warrior
            Ricca 70 Rogue
            Machelle 70 Mage
            Enya 74 Druid

Comment

hehehe they always find a way to be creative... :)

Comment

Originally posted by RanulfWolfSage View Post
                We saw that yesterday, but it's not a Horde pet. If it were, when you target the pig it would say the name and "soandso's minion" over it. This pig doesn't, it's simply a named pig that spawns somewhere in front of the place in IF where you signup for PvP. We saw it like 5 times in a row while waiting on a BG to pop, and it followed the exact same path every time it spawned. It runs up the steps, and the IF guards at the base of the stairs attack and kill it. People seemed as if they were waiting for it, so I think it may be some new quest mob. At least, that's what I gathered from it, who knows...
                Yeah, believe it or not, it is a horde pet. you can see the pets life bar underneath the hunters health bar.
                Not to mention the names in the chat are horde names :P If you can't see the hunter himself, your UI won't know who's pet it is to tag it.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

also... if u ware in orgrimmar.. u can see the IF trade/lfg/general chat (assuming u are alliance) so that is the HORDE city channels