• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decursive in TBC...

Looks like it's getting a major beating with the nerf stick

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...32184244&sid=1

This may take some getting used to...

"What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow out of this stony rubbish? Son of man, you cannot say, or guess, for you know only a heap of broken images, where the sun beats, and the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief, and the dry stone no sound of water." --T.S. Eliot

Re: Decursive in TBC...

Going to try to make you use the mass dispels, yuck thats a lot of mana.

Honestly I hate these changes, the biggest being no more emergency monitor. EM is a great tool, because it let you focus on more than just health bars, now all I will do is stare at my raid group bars the entire time and never be able to watch fights.

Yuck.
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Emergency monitor doesn't target people, it keep track of peoples health.. it just puts whoever has the lowest health on the top of a list. you still do the targeting.

Either way, we've known for a long time that they'd be nerfing Decursive. i've been ready since before the pally patch.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

What exactly did decursive do?
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

Originally posted by RanulfWolfSage View Post
          What exactly did decursive do?
          it would target people who were poisoned/diseased/cursed/magic'd. then, it would cast the appropriate removal spell.

it's quite glorious for paladins/mages/priests. but now we'll actually have to do some work in raids.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Nice add-on. It's going to distract from healing a bit, but I can't blame Blizzard for doing this. Nevertheless it stinks that it's going away...
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

Based on what they said in the very very long thread, EM uses targeting functionality to build its list to know who's missing the most help and list them there, as such, the protected status would break EM as it works today.

At least that what it said in the thread. Do not ask me to provide you a link, I am not going back through all 27 pages of that.

| | |

Comment

Oh, it would actually choose and cast the spell for you?? I suppose I would have guessed as much had I thought about it. But yeah, I can see why Blizz is getting rid of that. It's gonna suck for Lucifron though... I can just see those "Lucifron's Curse"s staying on me even longer now. One backstab every 12 seconds (instead of every six) is just agonizing. :icon_eek:
                Ninja

Comment

No it wouldn't choose spells for ya, thats what Smartheal and decursive are for.

At least priests will be able to mass dispell Impending Doom :).

| | |

Comment

Originally posted by Sajier View Post
                    No it wouldn't choose spells for ya, thats what Smartheal and decursive are for.
                    I was talking about decursive.
                    Ninja

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...