Guild Notice: Ony Cloaks (Round 1)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Notice: Ony Cloaks (Round 1)

The below players need to send 25 Runecloth to the tgbankertwo toon in game. The bank will then send you your Ony cloaks. All cloaks will have +10 Shadow Resist on them since they will be needed during SR fights. If you wish to put something else on them, do so at your own convenience.

Warriors:
    Beep
    Halten
    Kelilyse
    Uglyduck
    Loriany
    Delg

Rogues:
    Gaviin
    Ghoric
    Shalthazar
    Aeryck
    Anise
    Last edited by orion808; 10-17-2006, 07:34 PM.

Re: Guild Notice: Ony Cloaks (Round 1)

Can you just go over why Shadow Resist is being put on instead of Fire Resist? I'm not implying that it's a bad idea; I just don't know.
    Ninja

Comment

Is there a minimum number, for Shadow Resistance, that we should be attempting to reach?
      Uglyduck - Spec varies - Currently Prot
      MMORPG = Many Men Online Role-Playing as Girls

Comment

I currently have an Onyxia cloak with +7 FR, so feel free to select another rogue or warrior toon who can put it to good use!

Aeryck

Comment

I apologize for my ignorance, but is there an ultimate need to get other classes these cloaks as well. From what I've read, I don't think that Shadowflame only affects certain classes but I could easily be wrong. It also seems that we might not have all of the mats yet to gear beyond warriors and rogues.

In any case, just curious if there is a rough schedule laid out in the officer's heads for getting cloaks out to others (i.e. when do the priests get some love...)

Thanks.
          70 Priest

Comment

The [item]Onyxia Scale Cloak[/item] is an absolute necessity for melee classes in BWL. They offer a special shadow resistance needed for the dragon bosses in BWL. They come with FR as standard...but may have more added so that it becomes your main FR cloak.

If you want to survive, you will wear one...:)
            Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

I will make sure Kel gets this handled tonight.
              Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Dont fret everyone will be getting one but we run out of runecloth thats why we have to supply the runecloth so we can make somemore cloaks..We do not need them right now in BWL but we will soon thats why were starting giving them out now so by the time we get to the bosses that we need them we will all have them...
                Candrice 63 Warrior
                Ricca 70 Rogue
                Machelle 70 Mage
                Enya 74 Druid

Comment

hey i can send the Runecloth but i just want to be sure is it 25 stacks or just 25 runecloth itself? or 25 bolts?
                  FOR THE DICKENS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Delg View Post
                    hey i can send the Runecloth but i just want to be sure is it 25 stacks or just 25 runecloth itself? or 25 bolts?
                    25 pieces...not bolts, not stacks.
                    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Just to ask again... why is SR more important overall on this piece than FR?
                      Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by msheahen View Post
                        Just to ask again... why is SR more important overall on this piece than FR?
                        1. The Shadow Flame resist property is unique to the cloak.
                        2. I'm reading that some future BWL fights are Shadow-based mob/boss attacks...along with the known FR ones for Vael and Razorgore. There ARE Shadow Resist cloaks elsewhere in the game, though not many (e.g. [item]Pale Moon Cloak[/item])
                        3. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I can give a better, more specific answer.

Originally posted by Arkamis
                        Short version:

Vael: big fire
                        Broodlord: Fire Resist needed for Rogues. Full tanking gear required for warriors (we can heal out of the MS and Blastwave, but will end up letting rogues fend for themselves)

Firemaw: Stackable fire debuff, can add up to big damage on the tank. Shadow Flame, shadow damage to Main Tank with possibility (small) of it hitting offtanks and rogues.

Ebonroc: Shadow Flame is only major magic-based damage.

Flamegor: Shadow Flame, Enrage: pulses AOE fire damage for about 3k/tick. Can be mitigated with Tranq shot. Generally not an issue.

Chromaggus: Can be fire, can be nature, can be frost.

Nefarian: Shadow Flame hits everyone, not just tanks. Drakonids have random magic damage based on color. Most severe damage is done by red and black.
                        And...from Wowwiki...

Shadow Flame is an ability that Nefarian, Ebonroc, Flamegore, and Firemaw can cast. It deals about 4000 cone-shaped shadow damage and is not partially resistable. Furthermore, it DoTs its target for 1700-2200 damage per second for 10 seconds (Impossible to be healed through) unless the recipient is wearing an Onyxia Scale Cloak. When Nefarian lands at the start of Phase 2 of his encounter he will use an AoE Shadowflame that ignores LoS, this version of the spell only does about 1000 shadow damage, but still applies the fatal DoT if an Onyxia Scale Cloak is not equiped.
                        Last edited by beep; 10-17-2006, 03:43 PM.
                        Beep

Comment

Ricca, if you guys need runecloth just let me know, I have lots of bolts sitting in the bank, always do.
                          Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

I'm wondering if its worth it for me to convert the FR to SR? I have a whole lot more of the former!
                            “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

See, I'm still a little deficient on the FR front (191 unbuffed, 251 fully buffed), so I'm wondering if the +10 SR is really worth it for me. I don't really know. Do the officers have any guidelines or aid for this decision?

I suppose it sort of hinges on whether some rogues will get another piece of FR gear anytime soon. If so, then I'd probably be more comfortable putting the SR on the cloak (if that indeed is the best plan of action for someone with "enough" FR).
                              Ninja

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X