Raids with later times during the week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raids with later times during the week

Would it be possible to schedule in some raids that start at a later time during the week? I dont know about anyone else but for me my WoW time doesnt start until after 9:00+ PM server time. Prior to that time I am doing my spousal/parent duty. It seems that most raids nowadays start at 7:00 or 7:30 which accomodates people in the guild but unfortunately means I can only be a replacement if somebody leaves the raid later on as I cant start the raid with you.

If it is possible I was thinking that we could schedule in a raid, like say for ZG, for 9:30 and work on it for about a couple of hours and spread that raid over a couple of days. So instead of mad rushing trying to squeeze in a full clear of the instance in a single setting just spread it out over 2-3 days. I'm not in a big rush to get it all done in a single night so I can squeeze in lots of instances for the week. I'm in this game for the long haul so doing lots of instances during the week are no big deal for me as I figure I will get to it eventually.

I miss running AQ20, ZG, and especially MC and would like to be able to do that again.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    LA

Re: Raids with later times during the week

While I like the idea of later start times, I do NOT want to go late during the week. I've reduced my own mid-week raiding to regain some control over my schedule.

IMO, this may be worth a try. If we get signups, good. If not, then we know.
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

I'd be all for giving this a try. I haven't been signing up for alot of the 20 mans because its hard to commit to being on by 7:30 during the week. And if I am going to commit to it then it really needs to be something I want to do (ie Jindo next week). I know there are quite a few others that don't raid much because of the early start times. Don't know if enough people feel the same or not -- only one way to find out.
      Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
      Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
      ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

I don't raid much during the week due to early start times. But the ideal start times for me wouldn't be very appealing to others im sure.
        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

In the past when we tried 2xZG or AQ20xZG it was attempted simultaneously. In the end, one raid always ended up starting at least 30 minutes later.

A solution was formulated to simply start the second raid an hour or more later, but it never materialized and 2x20-mans were kinda dumped. I aggree with Kitty, that it would be GREAT to get a late night 20-man goin, even while another is going on. Many times a whole raid-load of people log on after a 20-man has started with the proverbial "any room left?"

Remember, once BWL becomes regular and MC is Sunday night or a weeknight, we're nearly gonna HAVE to have 2x20-mans to fit it all in. 'specially with AQ40 (which we could largely do now), Naxx, and BC impending.

Comment

Originally posted by beep View Post
            I've reduced my own mid-week raiding to regain some control over my schedule.
            /agree

Im concerned with my RL schedule too, I had problems in the past with that and I dont want to commit the same mistake again.
            sigpic

Comment

I'd be fine with the idea of starting one group at a "normal" time, then a second group an hour or two later to accomodate the late-comers. I'd probably stick with the early slot, but even if we started the late slot at 9pm, a full ZG clear can take us as few as three hours, so that would still be acceptable to me.

So yeah, either way is fine. No harm in at least putting the signup there and seeing who goes for it.
              Ninja

Comment

This issue we are having isn't with raid times. We have no leaders that patrol late nights and can stay. I've had to dip out early before in a raid and my leaving caused the raid to flounder. Not cool. We need more raid leaders and then we can have more raids...whatever time you want.

Comment

Please note that all of this week's start times are at 8pm- see, I was thinking just like you, before you said it! ESP! Amazing! :)

While it isn't 9pm, I thought we could try starting a little later. on weeknights, just to see how that worked out. We can try scheduling
                  a 2nd raid later in the night, if you guys think it would work.

Comment

Raid Leaders

Best way to get stuff like this done is just form a Raid and see what leader emerges from the pack.

Also, add-ons arent too necessary with a good group and good comms. So if you're weak in the CT_RA department and/or dont have experience playing with MT's, marks, etc. dont worry about it. I know a lot of prospective RLs are feared away from leading raids because of the inundation of available fancy add-ons they may or may not know how to use.

I threw around the idea of a late-start AQ or ZG in another thread for tonite. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Re: Raid Leaders

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
                      Best way to get stuff like this done is just form a Raid and see what leader emerges from the pack.
                      Let's see what happens :D
                      Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                      Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                      ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Re: Raid Leaders

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post

Also, add-ons arent too necessary with a good group and good comms. So if you're weak in the CT_RA department and/or dont have experience playing with MT's, marks, etc. dont worry about it. I know a lot of prospective RLs are feared away from leading raids because of the inundation of available fancy add-ons they may or may not know how to use.

I threw around the idea of a late-start AQ or ZG in another thread for tonite. We'll see what happens.
                        I want to be clear in that while I want to be able to handle Wow raids in more friendly bite sized chunks timewise I also want to stick to the guild rules regarding raids. CT Raid is a must, understanding MT's, proper usage of comms, etc. should still apply. Even if it becomes a second raid scheduled I dont want to turn it into such a casual raid that we lose more time simply because we dont focus. I know that isnt what you meant but I was just stating my view on it.

I also would want a raid leader designated at sign-up (or however its handled now) because if we just roll the dice and hope that somebody steps up to attempt the job then the whole thing has the potential to fail because it turned out badly. From my point of view keep it as organized as any other raid we've done.

Thanks,
                        LA

Comment

Originally posted by luna View Post
                          Please note that all of this week's start times are at 8pm- see, I was thinking just like you, before you said it! ESP! Amazing! :)

While it isn't 9pm, I thought we could try starting a little later. on weeknights, just to see how that worked out. We can try scheduling
                          a 2nd raid later in the night, if you guys think it would work.
                          I know I would appreciate that. I'm also keeping in mind that there just may not be that many people in my situation so the regular raid times work great for the guild so there might not be a place for 2nd raids or later time raids. If that is the case I may just have to see where my options takes me.

Now I am thinking of a number between 1 and 10...

LA

Comment

.......*tip-toes quietly into the forums and softly whispers*
                            I would love to join in on a late night 20 man raid.
                            Ladytreehug - Druid

Comment

See, i'd actually prefer earlier times. I'd love to see the occasional raids starting at 6:30-7:00 server time (or even earlier!), to let us kick back, relax and take our time, and still get a full night's sleep. Those of us in the Eastern timezone..often times, we're starting pulling at 8:40-8:45, our time. the ones coming up this week aren't even scheduled to start pulling till 9 local. and for those of us who have to get up early for work in the morning, that's pretty lousy. It forces us to choose between not going to enjoy our time, not getting the sleep we ought to, or having to ditch people mid-run.

That said, I understand we've got west coast members, and i'm well acquainted with the issues that can cause if it's not taken carefully (it's the reason my guild wars guild broke up). I'm just saying that the opposite point bears consideration as well.
                              Last edited by ZariusZer0; 10-19-2006, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X