Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at all this stuff!

Beta Data on Thottbot

Holy crap! Get a look on the stats stacked on the basic LW gear. +31 agility and +60 AP on a pair of level 63 green mail pants?

I feel so sorry for tailors and engineers. The requirements for their gear with all those primal essences is insane.

Ruh roh! We better start saving Onyxia scales since there will be a LOT more critical uses for them. Enchanters can now empower the scales and Alchemists can harden them. Look at the requirements for an Onyxia scale breastplate. -.-

Also...um...Luna?

Adamantite Cleaver
    Binds when equipped
    Two-Hand Axe
    203 - 305 Damage Speed 3.50
    (72.6 damage per second)
    +25 Agility
    +39 Stamina
    Durability 85 / 85
    Requires Level 65
    Equip: +52 Attack Power.
    Sells for 8 Gold 51 Silver 43 Copper to vendors
    Item Level 105
    Source: Recipe

Can you make me that? Pretty pretty please? It only takes 8 Adamantite Bars (16 ore) and its a 'basic' vendor sold recipe. Pretty please with cherry on top? ^_^ Did I mention its a GREEN ITEM?
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Re: ZOMG! Look at all this stuff!

Constantly ganked while fishing?

BAM!

Seth's Graphite Fishing Pole
    Binds when picked up
    Two-Hand Fishing Pole
    111 - 168 Damage Speed 3.00
    (46.5 damage per second)
    +52 Stamina
    Durability 55 / 55
    Requires Fishing (200)
    Equip: Increased Fishing +20.
    Sells for 5 Gold 1 Silver 77 Copper to vendors
    Item Level 60
    Source: Quest

Slap that silly rogue upside the head with that.

Terokk's Quill
    Binds when picked up
    Two-Hand Polearm
    246 - 370 Damage Speed 3.30
    (93.3 damage per second)
    +54 Agility
    +33 Stamina
    Durability 100 / 100
    Sells for 10 Gold 69 Silver 24 Copper to vendors
    Item Level 115
    Source: Quest

Such a sexy blue quest reward.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Re: ZOMG! Look at all this stuff!

I personally like this one.

http://thottbot.com/beta?i=3274
      RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Re: Look at all this stuff!

Have you guys found an easy way to filter all of this to just see the BC stuff? I really don't care about all the current stuff.
        Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Ok, check out the rewards on this quest:
          The Ring of Blood: The Final Challenge (Elite)

A 1 handed hammer with +160 healing and a couple of amazing staves.
          Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Oh man thats better than my epic and those are blues
            Candrice 63 Warrior
            Ricca 70 Rogue
            Machelle 70 Mage
            Enya 74 Druid

Comment

http://www.thottbot.com/beta?i=927
              Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
              Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
              ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Eh...Gladiator gear is the PvP arena rewards. Focus more on the new stuff.

Also, to see mostly only the BC stuff you might want to change your filter to see 55-70 quests and items. Yeah, some quests in Hellfire Pen. will be in the lower range so don't miss them.

On another note...someone edited out my "ZOMG" ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                  On another note...someone edited out my "ZOMG" ;)
                  Who? Why?
                  Ninja

Comment

Alright. After all this hype, I feel the need to pipe in.

We are looking at this loot with our current understanding of the way stats work. In the expansion, stats are going to work in a totally different way. So a green axe with WTF agi and OMG sta will more than likely be no more fantastic to us then as a green axe is to us now.

We're looking at this stuff with a linear interpolation; however, we're not looking at a linear trend. As the levels increase, the relevance of stats will change.

In numerical computing, if you draw an interpolating spline, you have to do more than just make sure that the value at the end of spline A is the same as that at the beginning of spline B. It's the same way here.

I'm reserving all of my opinions on the new loot until I fully understand how Blizzard will be changing the way we use stats and whether or not they will be re-tooling the existing gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkamis View Post
                      Alright. After all this hype, I feel the need to pipe in.

We are looking at this loot with our current understanding of the way stats work. In the expansion, stats are going to work in a totally different way. So a green axe with WTF agi and OMG sta will more than likely be no more fantastic to us then as a green axe is to us now.

We're looking at this stuff with a linear interpolation; however, we're not looking at a linear trend. As the levels increase, the relevance of stats will change.

In numerical computing, if you draw an interpolating spline, you have to do more than just make sure that the value at the end of spline A is the same as that at the beginning of spline B. It's the same way here.

I'm reserving all of my opinions on the new loot until I fully understand how Blizzard will be changing the way we use stats and whether or not they will be re-tooling the existing gear.
                      You couldn't find a way to work Keynesian economics theory into this?

I don't care what mathematical derivation you use this is a OEB level CRAFTED axe and all that it requires is level 65 and a bunch if idiotically hard to get mats to make:

Adamantite Cleaver
                      Binds when equipped
                      Two-Hand Axe
                      203 - 305 Damage Speed 3.50
                      (72.6 damage per second)
                      +25 Agility
                      +39 Stamina
                      Durability 85 / 85
                      Requires Level 65
                      Equip: +52 Attack Power.
                      Sells for 8 Gold 51 Silver 43 Copper to vendors
                      Item Level 105
                      Source: Recipe

One can only assume the a level 65 blue drop will be equally ZOMGISH.

Perhaps your Paliness would like this:
                      [Deep Thunder]
                      Binds when picked up
                      Unique
                      Mace Two-Hand
                      Speed 3.90
                      357 - 537 Damage
                      (114.6 damage per second)
                      +36 Strength
                      +54 Stamina
                      +35 Agility
                      Durability 120 / 120
                      Requires Level 70
                      Requires Master Hammersmith
                      Chance on hit: Stuns target for 4 secs.

Perhaps this will help:
                      http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...35215413&sid=1
                      “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

Actually using the current model for items and their progression is very accurate for judging the worth of these items.

Currently we have a very linear progression from 1-59. Weapons at level 45 are better than weapons at level 40 and blue weapons are better then green just as green are better than white.

Then you hit level 60 and all you learn about level progression goes right out the window. At level 60 you have a glass ceiling where all items must hit. Any other level 60 items tend to skip sideways instead of going straight like before. This creates slightly better items while still staying in the parameters of level 60. Here's a nice graphical example.

.................................................. .......... whites
                        .................................................. .......... greens
                        .................................................. .......... blues
                        .................................................. .......... purples
                        .................................................. .......... orange

Broken down you have the 'norm' at level 1 white (the first dot) and the items you get at each point along the way. Going from 1-60 along white will provide a line 60 long. Going down from 1 white to 60 green will provide a slightly angled line that's longer than white. 1 white to 60 blue a longer line. 1 white to 60 purple an even longer line. Lastly 1 white to 60 orange the longest line. Of course if you increase the white line from 1-70 you'll see white items better than green or blues and so forth on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                          Actually using the current model for items and their progression is very accurate for judging the worth of these items.

Currently we have a very linear progression from 1-59. Weapons at level 45 are better than weapons at level 40 and blue weapons are better then green just as green are better than white.

Then you hit level 60 and all you learn about level progression goes right out the window. At level 60 you have a glass ceiling where all items must hit. Any other level 60 items tend to skip sideways instead of going straight like before. This creates slightly better items while still staying in the parameters of level 60. Here's a nice graphical example.

.................................................. .......... whites
                          .................................................. .......... greens
                          .................................................. .......... blues
                          .................................................. .......... purples
                          .................................................. .......... orange

Broken down you have the 'norm' at level 1 white (the first dot) and the items you get at each point along the way. Going from 1-60 along white will provide a line 60 long. Going down from 1 white to 60 green will provide a slightly angled line that's longer than white. 1 white to 60 blue a longer line. 1 white to 60 purple an even longer line. Lastly 1 white to 60 orange the longest line. Of course if you increase the white line from 1-70 you'll see white items better than green or blues and so forth on and on.
                          um.... huh?