Head of the BroodLord "Only One May Rise"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head of the BroodLord "Only One May Rise"

Here is what you are in for if you are interested in pursueing this quest line. There are some really nice pieces but they are a lot of work to get. However I think it would be cool just to see some content you don't get to see all the time. However with BC looming that will be happening everywhere. This was the qwest line to open the gates to AQ. A lot of nice pieces but many may be obsolete soon especially for the work involved. Another benefit would be tons of brood rep. I wouldn't mind doing some of just for that evenifIdid not do it all.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Scepter_of_the_Shifting_Sands

Just Something to keep in mind as the BroodLord's head is next on the BWL hit list.
    "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Re: Head of the BroodLord "Only One May Rise"

This quest seriers is awesome, i finally got the rep last week to start it and have been asking people for help here and there. I don't think all of it will be obsolete once BC comes out cause there are a lot of nice pieces you just can't find anywhere else. Now with that being said it is A LOT of work to get these parts done. I know i have heard you guys charging dkp for this item in the past, but if i can make one suggestion is to keep the head free of dkp cost because of the time involved and after all it is a quest item and not everyone will want it. Just my suggestion on the matter since you are effectively paying for your own quest items with the time and mats involved.
    Thunderhorn:
    70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
    70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
    70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
    70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
    70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
    70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
    70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
    Gilneas:
    50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Comment

Holy Suckage Batman! That quest line will take forever!!! I think Since Alava is so close, we need to help him finish it.

Comment

prospective requirements

There should be some general requirements to even be allowed to roll on the head. Although I'm not sure about the DKP or not, the guild as a whole has to help people with the head even after it drops - looters should have to pay DKP for it and the raid should be able to earn DKP from it. That's just my opinion.

Ideas are:

-You'd be somewhat "married to the guild" and your main toon your main focus.

-You'd already be an Agent of Nozdormu, so you'd have collected many carapaces for someone else already and collected ur own.

-You'd have the highest current BoN rep of the raid including said carapaces if you were to turn them in. (carapaces are 1 rep per) Rep gained is from some of AQ20, most from AQ40.

-**You'd be INTERESTED in the questline and the loot rewards, including BoN rep rewards which are basically tier 2.732125 and pretty "style of play" specific. So u MUST be familiar with it.**

-You have some "seniority" in the guild.

-You'd have some "seniority" in OTHER guilds as you'd have to raid AQ40 as much as possible. Honestly, there should be a guild set up strictly for those who follow BoN. (interesting idea) I threw out an idea on TS a while ago about a CC/BoN "sub-guild". This would be the MOST efficient route to go.

-Maintaining class balance would be good. i.e. one time a mage gets the head, next a hunter, etc. Reason being, those who have the head should be always made available for AQ40 runs... even if they have to SIT OUT other 40-mans.

-AQ40 becomes your focus. If it's on the raid schedule, ur at least in the queue. You will grind it endlessly until you puke. Much like CC rep. (see "sub-guild" idea)

-Must be RESPONSIBLE in choosing appropriate "Agents of Nozdormu" to collect carapaces from (most agents will give you 50% of their take). Ideally, agents will be working CC rep and need combat badges for battlegear; so they'll be spending a lot of time in the hives killing bugs. Inducting agents that dont like CC rep or are already exalted is foolish unless they have aspirations for Cenarion Battlegear. To give you an idea what to expect, I'm taking 3/4 pieces of battlegear and have to-date collected 2000 carapaces (that's 2000 BoN rep, 1000 for me and 1000 for my "handler" Alava) Had I gotten the Agent badge earlier this would have been DOUBLE. Once uve got the head u can induct an Agent every 200 carapaces. (see WoWiki for better descriptions)

-The benefits from doing the questline and BoN rep should not just be mere "sidegrades" or lateral gear improvements. They should be toon-makers. Not just xtra loot to put in ur bag to show off with in front of IF AH.

Of course, all this is kind of tricky since BC is coming out soon... and interest in AQ40 is a bit lax in TG. It's a great alternative though to tier 2 and 3 for a lot of people as it provides another outlet for gear that otherwise you'd have to raid the usual places for, so it frees up gear for others. In many ways, u could go full BoN gear and not have to wear much tier 3 at all. Which would probably see you through most of lvls 60-70.
        Most of the ideas I wrote above are just that... ideas. Most people will not meet all the requirements, but at least it gives some sort of guideline. Most importantly though is interest and dedication.
        Once the head drops, people will become more interested in the idea of AQ40. Just like CC rep, people must be educated for them to understand. And it has to be something they want to do and a logical direction for their toon.

There are only 2 guilds to date on our server who have the Scepter, which is the final goal. It is the best accomplishment a guild can have currently. If you wondered what end-game is, this is it.

Comment

Pyramid Scheme

A Pyramid Scheme might work best for carapaces.
          Basically, the head falls for one, they induct agents. Those agents kill bugs and give half their carapaces to the 1st head-looter.

Once the next agent gets the head himself, he in turn inducts his OWN agents. Those agents give him half their carapaces and the head looter himself STILL gives half to the person who made him an agent.

This way, the 1st head-bearer gets the maximum amount of rep as quickly as possible until neutral, then falls off the pyramid chain for the 2nd head-bearer etc.

And this is part of the reason why it says "Only One May Rise"

edit: this kind of goes against TG's guild philosophy of spread the love, but also supports it in that it takes everyone to produce one scepter. This kind of stuff needs to be hashed out at officer meetings.
          Last edited by Gambit7; 10-20-2006, 04:52 PM. Reason: guild philosophy

Comment

the 'only one may rise' is reffering to there only being 1 head.. because when it first came out.... anyone could loot it.. not the ML
            powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

ANYONE with the quest can still loot it, so when you guys down Broodlord no one should touch the head, NOT even the ML cause he cannot pass it out. The persone recieving it has to pick up the head. BTW here's a link to the quest series and if you interesting in knowing what i have to do, just ask.
              http://www.wowwiki.com/Scepter_of_the_Shifting_Sands
              Thunderhorn:
              Gilneas:

Comment

The Epic cooking recipe is worth getting for the tanks.

Doctor Weavel and Maws are both 20 man min and Eranakus is another 40 man. Bad thing with the quest line is that only 1 person can loot the item so you cant wait and let several people do it at once.

If nothing else the quest line is fun to do.
                Happychick 70 Holy Priest
                Asminn 70 Rogue

Comment

Re: prospective requirements

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
                  There should be some general requirements to even be allowed to roll on the head. Although I'm not sure about the DKP or not, the guild as a whole has to help people with the head even after it drops - looters should have to pay DKP for it and the raid should be able to earn DKP from it. That's just my opinion..
                  Personally my opinion not a personal attack is that this is crap.

I do not believe we need a ton of restrictions on this if someone is interested in the head they should be able to have a chance to get it wether is is DKP or a roll off for it. I don't think many will pursue this chain in it's entirety but even if they just want to turn in the head and go no farther they should have the chance to do so. The only thing I could see being a requirement is that they actually have the quest I don't think we need verification just their word.

If someone is working on something here and needs guild help then I think most would be willing help them simple becasue a guildy requested help weather it benefits the guild directly or not. That is what this guild is about.
                  "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Re: prospective requirements

Originally posted by Quarath View Post
                    Personally my opinion not a personal attack is that this is crap.

I do not believe we need a ton of restrictions on this if someone is interested in the head they should be able to have a chance to get it wether is is DKP or a roll off for it. I don't think many will pursue this chain in it's entirety but even if they just want to turn in the head and go no farther they should have the chance to do so. The only thing I could see being a requirement is that they actually have the quest I don't think we need verification just their word.

If someone is working on something here and needs guild help then I think most would be willing help them simple becasue a guildy requested help weather it benefits the guild directly or not. That is what this guild is about.
                    I dont like tons of restrictions either. But I definitely dont like loot that goes to people who have no intention of using them or pursuing the questline. DKP should only be a secondary thing used to "break a tie" between people who all want the questline. I only recommended using/earning DKP because of of the inherent need for guild help. And remember, currently every 40-man quest-item that drops IS assigned a DKP value (ony, MC, etc). THIS particular piece is one of the most valuable in the game. If we didnt use DKP for the head, then we wouldnt for the others... or vice versa.

Comment

You don't have to worry about someon without the quest picking the head up, cause only people with the head can even touch it. Which is why it is important not to touch the Broodlord body til the ML says you get the head.
                      Thunderhorn:
                      Gilneas:

Comment

I don't really care who the loot goes to most of the time. I am here to enjoy everyones company and have a good time playing A GAME. I think we are a pretty fair and giving bunch and I have faith that out leaders will come up will an amicable soulution for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Chair View Post
                          the 'only one may rise' is reffering to there only being 1 head.. because when it first came out.... anyone could loot it.. not the ML
                          The "Only one may rise" has many meanings. Mostly because it takes a guild to make ONE person successful at this questline.

Anyways, Alava has a point about there not being any DKP charged for the head, because of the mats and effort involved. If the guild is to help in ALL aspects (mats included) then there SHOULD be DKP charged for sure. If the questor is left to his/her own devices once they have the head, then no... no DKP.

So, to really get through this thing efficiently and as a GUILD:
                          a) u gotta do AQ20 (a little)
                          b) u gotta do AQ40 (a lot)
                          c) carapaces probably should be handled in a "pyramid-type" scheme as said earlier IMO (this will greatly speed up the rep grind);eventually everyone in the guild will be an agent - so most/all of the carapaces ideally would go to "One"
                          d) guild helps with mats
                          e) guild help finding the shards and killin mobs
                          f) kill Nef in under 5 hrs from Vael :)

All of this culminates in the guild Downing Nefarian in under 5 hrs. Ideally someone will be in position to complete the questline after we accomplish this.

Comment

May want to consider when the head is awarded, how far along in rep already those with quest are too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
                              Anyways, Alava has a point about there not being any DKP charged for the head, because of the mats and effort involved. If the guild is to help in ALL aspects (mats included) then there SHOULD be DKP charged for sure. If the questor is left to his/her own devices once they have the head, then no... no DKP.
                              Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with no DKP being charged. From a hunter's POV, we get charged for the sinew and leaf for our epic bow quest which is extensive(and very expensive I might add) so the argument that you shouldn't be charged DKP because it is a quest item doesn't hold water.

Just my two cents.
                              "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X