BC..BC..BC...sigh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC..BC..BC...sigh

I'm just curious, is the BC sucking the fun out of the game for anyone else right now? All the new toys, new gear, new abilities? Doesn't is make the nightly log in and run around seemed kind of silly? I had a blast last night on an UBRS run but somehow the game just feels different.

I guess what I'm more upset about is the massive reset button that Blizzard is preparing to push. So much work for so many and based on the initial reports it appears that it may only be moderately better that quest items at level 65.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally geeked about the expansion and can't wait to get my hands on it. It just makes it seem like our current efforts are a giant merry go round. Is it just me?
    “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Re: BC..BC..BC...sigh

Without all the work we've put into this point, we would NOT have been able to experience the wonders of downing Rags, Razor, or Vael.

For that, I thank all of you for doing so. :)

Comment

I really think it will depend how Blizz handles it all and until it actually is here we really don't know. The Beta tells us some things, but it is still a beta and undoubtedly things will keep changing. I'm still having fun and there's a long list of things I want to do with both my main and my alt before the expansion that really won't be compromised by BC. But I do agree - there are SO many things I'm looking forward to, but there's a little bit that is uneasy about what things will change.
      Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
      Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
      ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

I think Bear is onto something. With new content...and quests...and green items that rival current epics...and new professions (don't forget Jewelcrafting!!)...and new talents...and doubtless a few other surprises...our current instance attempts will have a lot to compete with.
        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by Altor View Post
          Without all the work we've put into this point, we would NOT have been able to experience the wonders of downing Rags, Razor, or Vael.

For that, I thank all of you for doing so. :)
          This is a very fresh way to look at it, thank you for that perspective.

My hope is that Blizzard doesn't trivialize the massive effort that has been put in by so many. I have got to believe that having a full set of Tier 1 or Tier 2 can only help us once the leveling starts again.
          “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

I've been holding my tongue as to what I think of the expansion... until now:

To me, it's a lot like what SOE did to SWG...
            I still look fwd. to the content, but for the "vets" it's gonna suck.. plain and simple. Companies dont care about guild "effort", how hard you've worked getting your toon to where it is, etc. They care about applealing to the masses so their market share goes up.

Instead of "easing" new content into the game, they're basically strappin on an IV and pumpin it in directly, which I think is wrong; and in doing-so nerfing people who've spent 100's of days on their toons and BUFFING people who just got the game a month ago. I MYSELF am in perfect position for BC (my /played is 37 days, 20 at 60)... but for most 60's BC will sting em quite a bit, as newbies surpass their gear.

Like it or not... everything out TG_WoW will change. If we dont adapt we will flounder. However, this is an unlikely occurence.
            Last edited by Gambit7; 10-20-2006, 02:35 PM. Reason: screwed up my /played

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
              I've been holding my tongue as to what I think of the expansion... until now:

To me, it's a lot like what SOE did to SWG...
              I still look fwd. to the content, but for the "vets" it's gonna suck.. plain and simple. Companies dont care about guild "effort", how hard you've worked getting your toon to where it is, etc. They care about applealing to the masses so their market share goes up.

Instead of "easing" new content into the game, they're basically strappin on an IV and pumpin it in directly, which I think is wrong; and in doing-so nerfing people who've spent 100's of days on their toons and BUFFING people who just got the game a month ago. I MYSELF am in perfect position for BC (my /played is 30 days, 13 at 60)... but for most 60's BC will sting em quite a bit, as newbies surpass their gear.

Like it or not... everything out TG_WoW will change. If we dont adapt we will flounder. However, this is an unlikely occurence.
              Sajier and I were talking about this last night. He had an idea that we break into "squads". To me this seems to make a lot of sense because it's flexible, easy to manage and it fits perfectly into the TG operational mentality. If we formed squads of 5 -7 people each we could divide up by the appropriate classes and we'd have premade groups for questing and instances. Let's face it, we already have groups of specific people that hang out together, why not embrace it. When we want to do one of the new 10 person instances we just group 2 squads and the same for the 25 person instances, just pull 5 squads together.

There's another benefit to this idea, the more we work together in small groups, the better we become as a team. Each "squad" would have a leader who would be responsible for the tactical management and deployment of his or her squad.

The reality is this, the Burning Crusade is going to be a tsunami to guild structure. Not just ours but virtually every guild. The "raiding" guild has evolved into an entity capable of assembling 40 people to run and instance and keep the guild moving forward. That dynamic is going to be gone in about a month. Gone is the need for class limits and the worries of who gets to go on a raid and who doesn't. There's going to be so much to do keeping people focused will be our biggest challenge. I think assembling 40 people as we move forward is going to become more and more difficult and denying that is being dishonest with ourselves. I'd like to believe that people will spend their time and energy helping the guild progress through BWL but I sadly believe that when the BC hits, everyone is going to want to forget about 40 people and 4 hours.

I think we need a solid plan with a definitive long term strategy. If we don't our very existence as a guild may be in jeopardy.

Comment

Yes there will be items very easily obtainable that will rival your current epics you have worked so hard for. But working so hard for that gear you have learned strategies for many boss fights, and how to work together as a team. Those that have put in the most effort in running end-game will once again progress faster in the new end-game instances with BC. Because they work well as a team, they know strategies that work and don't work.

Comment

I'm still not sure how I feel about the expansion either. It seems like Blizzard should just say "we screwed up and should have just let toons start selecting talent points at level 0". That way lvl 60 is still the max but we still get the 61 talent points. I'm just not that psyched up about leveling my main toon again, not to mention my other alts. At the same time, I still enjoy playing the game and seeing new content so I guess I'll just have to suck it up:)

Aeryck

Comment

I do think that at this point we need to start planning for the impacts that BC is going to have on us, and I think we are all aware of some of the repercussions that are likely to come from thie expansion.

I guess the real question is, is there something being done to prep for this? I know the officers do a lot of stuff on their own in private, but with concern starting to grow, a bit of open conversation on the topic would be greatly welcomed, as I am sure you guys have discussed it and have at least some plan for how things are going to go.
                    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

I thoroughly expect the beta gear we see to get nerfed. I believe it's in the beta to make leveling easier. That, or we will see a re-tooling of the way stats get handled.

A level 55 green is on par with a level 49 blue. A level 45 green is on par with a level 39-40 blue. Level 65 greens should be on par with level 60 blues or MC epics. But look at some of the stuff in the other thread. Crafted level 65 green axes with 35 agi, 20 sta, 56 ap and 86 dps? There are no level 60 blues with those stats. Why such an asymptotic jump? It's like there's this wormhole between 60 and 70 that you hit.

Spell resists, etc, are still going to be based on a difference in comparative levels. By adding this abso-fricking-lutely absurd gear in the game, you totally snafu the game mechanics. I don't mind hitting level 64 and replacing my purples with blues. But current items have item levels, and those item levels should actually mean something. Apparantly they don't with the beta stuff.

As a result, I am anticipating a re-itemization of current epic gear from BWL and beyond (iLvL 72+) or a nerfing of beta gear stats.

Though, honestly, I fear that it won't happen because Blizzard is caving to the causal gamer that "doesn't have time" to raid. Argument for another day.

Comment

Obvious solution is to buff the end-game raid gear. But, I wish they'd let us know what they intend to do about all this, 'cause pre-planning is key. As it stands now, people are a bit confused as to what to do with MC/BWL. Why spend DKP and time on something that gets replaced in a week after BC starts? doesnt make sense unless they nerf the gear like Ark says or buff ours.

If they BUFFED ours, they'd have to buff every piece of gear in the game basically because of the natural item lvl progression.

... confusing (gonna check the forums)

Comment

Actually Arkamis, its the exact opposite. Blizzard is trying to address the hardcore raider's concern of "What's in it for me?" Why would someone clearing BWL every week want to go to Outland if the gear they can get there and in the new instances would be subpar to what they have now? Its like grinding just for the levels and everyone hates the grind.

So they compromise. They make the green and blue drops and quest reward compete with the old hardcore raiding gear so the hardcore raiders would feel like there was a purpose in venturing into Outland. Will the hardcore raiders have an advantage over the casual gamers? Of course! If you think about it another way you have to realize that to be competitive in a land where you get greens and blues at the quality of epics you're going to want to have those epics to upgrade from. That...or a lot of friends to do everything in groups.
                          My sanity is not in question...
                          It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

I dont hate the lvl grind. I actually enjoyed it. 'specially when u do it while questing and improving gear. The best part about the NEW lvl grind is the new content AND improved STATS. The big "?" is the gear.

We'd have to ask shalth if the gear really helps the quests in there. But impressions dont look that way right now.

So will having epix already make it go faster?? Probably if you're only going to farm mobs. As far as questing, not likely... as the questlines and new instanced-dungeons will be geared for the casual gamer.. not the endgame raider.

This is a smart move for Blizzard because they cover all their bases. They KNOW end-game raiders will still grind the lvls for stats and gear regardless, even if the gear was magically made less attractive. They WONT make it less attractive though, because that'd cut out the casual gamer.

More then likely I hypothesize that the current loot stats will stay the same as that would be the smartest business move blizz could make.

Comment

Alts, flexibility and spontaneity! We will have a tons of great new stuff to do in the BC. I feel that we will have the opportunity to dust off our alts and expand our skills to fill the raids after BC. Most of us have two or more 60's and will be able to fill many different roles in the upcoming months. If we are flexible and switch it up a bit, we will be able to see everyone grow and have fun! I know that we will all want to see who hits 70 first, but lets not leave anyone behind. I am not for a structured team based system. I am for guild scheduled events like now with spontaneous groups that form to complete quests. Structured teams will not bring us together as a guild, but will foster a have and have not system. Will the BC change the way we do things? Yes! Will we survive and be a better guild? Yes! Will we have fun and enjoy ourselves? I will!

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
                              Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
                              Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X