Clear All

• Burning Crusade Delayed

Just a FYI :(
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...38244050&sid=1

Re: Burning Crusade Delayed

Originally posted by Eyonix
    Media Alert: Please Read
    10/24/2006 08:00:25 AM UTC

IRVINE, Calif. -- Blizzard Entertainment® today announced that the release date for World of Warcraft®: The Burning Crusade™, the highly anticipated expansion for World of Warcraft, will be in January 2007. By adding a few extra weeks to the development cycle beyond its original target date, Blizzard will be able to extend the closed beta test and further refine the new content that will ship with the game.

“We appreciate the enthusiasm surrounding World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, and we’re excited about putting the finishing touches on all of the new content,” said Mike Morhaime, president and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We feel confident that the extra time spent polishing the game will result in the high-quality experience that our players expect and deserve.”

Blizzard began the closed-beta phase of testing on World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade earlier this month. The January 2007 release window will allow extra time for current beta testers to participate in the final stages of development and continue providing valuable feedback.

Further information on specific worldwide release dates, pricing, and other details will be announced in the near future.
    :( I just hopes this means they're going to throw open Beta slots so more of us can have a look see.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

ZZZOOOMMMGGG I am shocked!!!! (Can you feel the sarcasm?!?!)

Comment

a few weeks after the original target date? that was 6/6/06.. i think that is an understatement
        powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Honestly, we all knew this was coming, Blizzard are sticklers for their games and putting out good products, and for that I am grateful. Blizzard games are some of the best games out of the box period because they take the time to make sure things are where they expect them.

As much as I am waiting for BC, I will gladly wait for it if it means the game is in better shape when it does come to us.
          Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Originally posted by Sajier View Post
            Honestly, we all knew this was coming, Blizzard are sticklers for their games and putting out good products, and for that I am grateful. Blizzard games are some of the best games out of the box period because they take the time to make sure things are where they expect them.

As much as I am waiting for BC, I will gladly wait for it if it means the game is in better shape when it does come to us.
            Totally agree with you Saj... They do put out a good product and I too am thankful they are taking their time to get it right... As one that works in the software industry I have personally felt the ramifications of putting out a product too soon. It does nothing but disappoint your clients and cause a state of panic on the developer to make shotty bug fixes.

I knew this was coming but as the days drew closer to release I was actually starting to believe they were going to hit their deadline.. Oooohh well it will be ready when it is ready!!

(This will give me some more time to get pwnd in BF2142 lol)

Comment

I'm not all that upset about this at all. It just means that we get to have a whole lot more fun in BWL!
              “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

There will be a "content" patch coming out before TBC (patch 1.13). Here's Eyonix's comment about what will be in 1.13: "Oh, you know, just a few small things such as a brand new honor system, as well as new talents and abilities along with dozens of other changes and improvements."

Basically all the things that people who don't buy TBC will get. Time to play with the 41 point abilities, LFG UI, new honor grind (save those tokens from the BGs!), and maybe the new combat rating system.

Comment

I'm perfectly fine with the delay, kind of expected it. What I'm not crazy about is the new honor system coming out soon, as I was hoping to hit exalted with AV and get my dagger before BC. I was happy when I heard BC was being pushed back, not so happy now that I hear the honor stuff is moving forward soon. Last I heard, all existing honor will be wiped, and my chance at getting the Lobotomzier will be gone...
                  "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

You can still get your lobotomizer, but after the change, you'll have to spend honor and AV marks to buy it.

Comment

I'm actually pretty psyched about the delay. As Bear said, this gives us more time in BWL without distraction. I'd love to get that place on "farm" before BC. Given our progress so far, I think this will happen.
                      Ninja

Comment

Now Ark can stop freaking out over greens... And Me, Bear, and Jan can get to work on getting Baron on Farm Status.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

/agree with Bear and Gaviin

I’m not desperate for BC. We - not only as a guild but individually - did no see all in WoW yet, I myself have never been in Naxx and I doubt anyone in our server killed all the bosses...

We still have much to learn here and this might be the time for us to make it on time.

On the other hand, as a WoW player/fan I’d love to start playing it immediately but Blizzard would never screw its reputation releasing a game that doesn’t work properly, which is a frustration that we have to deal with.
                          sigpic

Comment

Fear the Baron, he will destroy the world with death and destruction you know?
                            Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

The Baron pwns j00, Manny. Don't fight it.
                              Ninja

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X