Thanks to all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to all

This is just a thank you post to all those who helped me achieve exalted with CC, which I picked up last night.

In doing so I've got 3/4 Cenarion battlegear, 2/3 of the set-pieces, and a total carapace count of 2000. I intend to get the 3rd set-piece of course.

Gettin all the logistics badges necessary for this stuff took a lot of craftsmen help from blacksmiths, alchemists, leatherworkers, enchanters, etc. (you know who you are)

It also took a LOT of help from people in regards to killing templars, dukes, and hive bugs, countless twilights, prophets, and lords. (u also know who you are) Late nights in the hives were all the better with guildies around.

Lastly, thanks to all the AQ raiders... we started a bit slow but now can confidently clear the whole place.

If anyone has any questions about this rep grind please feel free to ask me as I went through it relatively quickly. If you are a newer 60 or a partially geared tier 1 toon then I highly recommend at least STARTING the grind if the loot fits your plans. And yes, there is a right and wrong way to start the grind.... the sooner you do it properly, the quicker your rep will go when u get past friendly.

As for the loot I obtained:
    -Earthpower Vest (better then tier 1 dmg-wise)
    -Rockfury Bracers (tier 2 equivalent)
    -Wrath of Cenarius (most powerful arcane mage dmg ring, also good for quick casting druids and locks)
    -Drape of Vaulted Secrets (oodles of stamina and probably best tier 1 lvl raid cloak)
    -Blade of Vaulted Secrets (best tier 1 equivalent one-hander for raiding) [spellpower now added - thanks Addy]

... IMO

This grind aint for all, but it fit perfectly for what I wanted to do with my toon and more importantly helped me keep pace with you guys who'd been raiding a lot longer then me without scrounging for DKP or having to sign up for every last MC.

Thanks!

Re: Thanks to all

Gratz man! I'm happy that you were able to accomplish something that you had been striving for.
    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
    Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
    ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Grats! It's funny, because I sort of forget how much of a real accomplishment it is to reach exalted with CC. My journey to that level (from mid-friendly) only took about a week. Granted it was a time-consuming, crapload of work, but in the end it *was* only a week. So it didn't really have much of an impact on me. Sure, it was awesome when I reached it, but I guess I sort of took it for granted.

Anyway, I'm glad that you finally made it and got so much out of it, Siu. :)
      Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by msheahen View Post
        Grats! It's funny, because I sort of forget how much of a real accomplishment it is to reach exalted with CC. My journey to that level (from mid-friendly) only took about a week. Granted it was a time-consuming, crapload of work, but in the end it *was* only a week. So it didn't really have much of an impact on me. Sure, it was awesome when I reached it, but I guess I sort of took it for granted.

Anyway, I'm glad that you finally made it and got so much out of it, Siu. :)
        The hard part wasnt actually getting to exalted. The hard part was getting to exalted in such a way that you could actually take advantage of it.

Getting all the battlegear about made me wanna quit the game :)
        Plus, I didnt get to do AQ as much as I shouldve because of work and the fact we usually only ran it once a week (if lucky)... so, I grinded twilights up to honored, yada yada.

Now, when u say u did it in a week... is that like a week /played or a week RL?? If it's RL, that's impressive... THAT takes serious patience, and perhaps a lotta gold for texts. (btw; i only bought about 100 pages in the total grind, just at the end to cap it off)

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
          Now, when u say u did it in a week... is that like a week /played or a week RL?? If it's RL, that's impressive... THAT takes serious patience, and perhaps a lotta gold for texts. (btw; i only bought about 100 pages in the total grind, just at the end to cap it off)
          They hired a few chineses farmers! :P

Seriously, grats for the achievment!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
            The hard part wasnt actually getting to exalted. The hard part was getting to exalted in such a way that you could actually take advantage of it.

Getting all the battlegear about made me wanna quit the game :)
            Plus, I didnt get to do AQ as much as I shouldve because of work and the fact we usually only ran it once a week (if lucky)... so, I grinded twilights up to honored, yada yada.

He took advantage of game dynamics that make doing everything easier when you're a dirty stinking ninja rogue...

...no offense intended (of course) :D.
            Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
            Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
            ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Gratz Suilung .........lol
              Candrice 63 Warrior
              Ricca 70 Rogue
              Machelle 70 Mage
              Enya 74 Druid

Comment

Yeah, it was a real-life week. :) It did take quite a bit of dedication and patience. I actually did not buy any texts at all. But now that you bring that up, there was a period of a couple of days where I did straight farming of the twilight cultists with a couple other people and got a bunch of stacks of texts. So I guess in total I spent about a week and a half on it.

But man... I had quite the rep-farming system going. If I remember correctly, I averaged about 800 rep per hour. :)
                Ninja

Comment

Yeah, what Pistos said. :row__642:
                  Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by msheahen View Post
                    Yeah, it was a real-life week. :) It did take quite a bit of dedication and patience. I actually did not buy any texts at all. But now that you bring that up, there was a period of a couple of days where I did straight farming of the twilight cultists with a couple other people and got a bunch of stacks of texts. So I guess in total I spent about a week and a half on it.

But man... I had quite the rep-farming system going. If I remember correctly, I averaged about 800 rep per hour. :)
                    You can only go so far with farming twilights, to honored i think. After that... it's pages, AQ, temps, dukes, lords, and quests. So how u went from neutral to exalted in 1.5 weeks is beyond me.

Comment

He did field duty quest a bazillion times over and over and over and over and over..........................and over. :p

Comment

Grats man!

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
                        Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
                        Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Hale, that was only one part of it, and actually, rep-wise, it was the smaller part. I was lucky enough to do the grind back when field duty was solo-able by non-healers. They changed it back a couple days after I reached exalted. :)

I would not have been able to stay sane doing only field duty over and over.
                          Ninja

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X