October in TG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October in TG

As the leaves turn orange, so does the loot for Tactical Gamer! This autumn has so far been filled with phenomenal success in the TG WoW Community!

Our success started with continued progress in Blackwing Lair. After repeated attempts at Vaelastrasz, TG finally refined our strategy! After tasting 3% or less repeatedly, we got Vael to less than 1%.... and wiped. We rezzed up, overcame, and again... 1%. Hopeful, we left the instance with a feeling of renewed success.

The next time we came up to the emo Red Dragon, he was there, withering away in self pity, waiting (and hoping) for us to kill him. And kill him we did! After a few break-in attempts, we scored our first Vael kill as a guild! Naturally, due to the amazing double-paladin leadership of Manetheren and Arkamis, Vael rewarded the guild with two [item]Judgement Belt[/item]s (Arkamis and Lunatg) and a [item]Rune of Metamorphosis[/item] (Dreamchaser).

The following week we one-shotted Razorgore for the second time in a row, and then moved on to kill Vael after a few bad-luck attempts. Moving on, we mastered the suppression rooms with Amrod and Chair tag-teaming the pulls, and got our first taste of the power of the Broodlord.

The success didn't end, however, as Halten was able to finally complete [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] after a deal we worked to acquire some ingots with another guild! Shortly thereafter, TG marched onwards to conquer a boss that had been left unconquered for far too long: Jin'do the Hexxer. On our first attempt of the night, we dropped Jin'do for the guild's first kill and promptly disenchanted his loot. The night was a stunning success, with one-shots all around.

The month got even better in Molten Core. Our very first [item]Bindings of the Windseeker[/item] dropped from Garr, to the astonishment of Beep, who, from the same kill, walked away with the [item]Helm of Might[/item], completing his Tier 1 set. The night continued through with high hopes, but what happened later was expected by no one. When Ragnaros finally gave up his loot, somewhere in his magic pocket was a [item]Eye of Sulfuras[/item], making the night truly legendary. A very, very happy Arkamis left 160 dkp poorer and 160 times happier than he'd ever been in the game.

This weekend, progress continues in Blackwing Lair, with hopes of dropping Broodlord and the drakes by the time we call it quits.

The good keeps getting better at TG! Here's to continued success!

Re: October in TG

Great job guys Keep up the Great work. Congrats to the winners
    Lupita - Night Elf Hunter lvl 60
    Snezhana - Human Rogue lvl 60
    Snezhanka - Human Mage lvl 60
    Zhana - Dwarf Priest lvl 60

Makhai - Undead Warlock lvl 60

Thunderhorn Server - World of Warcraft

Comment

Holy Hell. Grats ark...wish I was there
      Last edited by Halten; 10-28-2006, 09:04 AM.

Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
      BY FIBER BE PURGED!! TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
      TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS

Comment

Why do these amazing things continue to happen when I'm not around?

I think if you need a really rare drop you should PM me and ask me not to attend the raid. :P

Gratz to all!
        “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

It was a great night and we have made awesome progress. I am really looking forward to the broodlord's head in somebody's bag tonight!

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
          Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
          Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

That was a real nice write up there Arkamis. It painted a beautiful picture for those who haven't been there, as you can probably tell by their responses. Congrats on the Eye :)
            I don't suffer from insanity,
            I enjoy every minute of it!

Comment

So far this has been a good month... lets keep it going this last weekend with more success and progress in BWL tonight and tomorrow. Lets get that Head of the Broodlord (good luck Siu since you seem to be the most vocal person gunning for this) and keep slamming bosses around in there. I want to visit the drakes and get back that [item]Rejuvenating Gem[/item] that I let them borrow.
              Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
              Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
              ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

i haxxorzed teh srvr =P
                lrn2haxtehlegendaryz