Orion now has access at work...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orion now has access at work...

Title says it all...somehow TacticalGamer is now allowed (among other websites). It was in the "totally restricted" group before. I might actually be able to troll these forums a little more now...depending on how rough work is.

Re: Orion now has access at work...

What was your employer's Internet Filter?

I.E. what logo did you see before when accessing the website that said "I don't think so Mister."
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Some "HCA" Internet Filter....I work in a hospital...pretty big corporation.

Hospital Corporation of America I think is what HCA stands for.

Comment

Hmm, probably custom designed rather than purchased. Well, looks like someone in your IT team might be a fan of TG.
        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Haven't checked around much, but noticed it when I hit a thottbot link on accident...and it worked...lol

Comment

I'm very lucky to work in a relatively large corporation that *doesn't* filter their internet content beyond sites associated with spyware (which is nice because it actually filters out a lot of banner ads on websites).
            Ninja

Comment

My Company has an Angry German guy blocking websites.

=(

And I'm not kidding either
              RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

I decide whats banned and not banned where I work :D. Of course I also work off our secondary internet pipe that no one besides IT gets to touch unless the primary goes down.
                Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

I laugh at internet filters.....took me only a week to crack the one here at my work :D They use websense as a filter here. To bypass it, I'm using Privoxy and Vidalia and they work like a charm. :)
                  "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

Man at work they have very limited web access and the company threatens termination for those that abuse the system. I don't mess with the web at work.

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
                    Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
                    Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Up until about 2 months ago, my employer also filtered this as well as tons of other websites that were deemed "not appropriate" for the workplace. This included webmail sites (gmail, yahoo, etc), fantasy sports sites, any video game-related sites, etc. We've had some changes in IT leadership recently and they've obviously come to their senses about how ludicrous it is to pay huge sums of money for a service that drives home just how little you trust your employees and managers to do their jobs (i.e. ensure that work gets done).
                      70 Priest

Comment

Originally posted by Muirc View Post
                        I laugh at internet filters.....took me only a week to crack the one here at my work :D They use websense as a filter here. To bypass it, I'm using Privoxy and Vidalia and they work like a charm. :)
                        I used to use torpark to get around it, but that was like dialup and I got tired of it, since then I just started using logmein.com and go through my home pc instead, so all my cookies and whatnot stay on my PC and theres no way the angry german could see what websites I went to no matter how long he sniffed packets. =p
                        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

rofl vin =D