Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stepping back

Hey all!

Alas, the time is upon me, as it is every semester, to cast Conjure Term Papers (Rank 9) and hope that whatever shows up is passable, or at least legible.

I will be stepping away from the game for an extended hiatus, basically until all of my papers are finished, revised and handed in (roughly 100-120 pages or so). I also need to begin focusing on my comprehensive PhD exams, which are in August and involve 3 questions on over 2000 years of literature and roughly 360 authors, as well as beginning to prepare for my dissertation abstract defense, which is next semester.

I hate to have to take a break just as we are fighting into a new instance, but unfortunately WoW will not potentially provide me with a living wage and a pension, as a PhD will. Maybe. At this point, a living wage would be a wonderful step up from the poverty line.

Anyway, I'll be popping on here and there to mail stuff, check stuff, etc... and I plan on doing the Calling this week, since I missed it last time. If I find a free night I'll see if you all need help in BWL, when possible.

Good Luck, and I'll see you when I'm done!

Amrod

"What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow out of this stony rubbish? Son of man, you cannot say, or guess, for you know only a heap of broken images, where the sun beats, and the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief, and the dry stone no sound of water." --T.S. Eliot

Re: Stepping back

Good luck with the studying and paper Amrod! Hope to see you when you have some spare time here and there.
    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
    Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
    ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

We will see ya when you can be here! GL with everything Amrod!
      Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Best of luck with your school committments Amrod. Just don't expect us to start calling you Dr. Ramrod...
        70 Priest

Comment

Originally posted by Wintrow View Post
          Just don't expect us to start calling you Dr. Ramrod...
          I've already copyrighted it, too late. ;)
          Thanks guys!

"What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow out of this stony rubbish? Son of man, you cannot say, or guess, for you know only a heap of broken images, where the sun beats, and the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief, and the dry stone no sound of water." --T.S. Eliot

Comment

Good luck future Dr.Ramrod.
            How awesome is that... we'll have somebody with a PhD in our guild. :D

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

RAMROD! Good luck, man. I hope to see you stopping in every so often!
              Ninja

Comment

You will be welcome at any time, Amrod...and you will be missed until then!

Good luck with your "end-game" PhD work!!:)
                Last edited by beep; 10-31-2006, 06:50 PM.
                Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Good luck with your real life quest. I wish you the best and hope to see you back in game.

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
                  Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
                  Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Good luck, Amrod. Hope to see you back soon.
                    "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

poor amrod =/ gluck!