No announcement yet.

Taking some time off

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking some time off

Hi all,

I wanted to let you know all know that I've decided I'm going to be taking some time off from the World of Warcraft. I've been going pretty much non-stop since December of 2004 and have well over 150 days played between all of my toons on 3 different servers. As I reflect on this, I have to wonder what the hell I've been doing with my life! :)

I think my current frustration over BWL is a good indicator that I've become too close and too enamored with a game. My wife's been telling me this for a year! Chastising people in this forum because they don't want to dedicate the same time to a game that you do is absurd and I apologize. You're all great people and you deserve better. Over the past few months the game has started to become a whole lot less fun. The time that Blizz demands for advancement is simply too steep for me anymore. When the game stops being fun, it's time to stop playing. I think that in the best interest of my mental health I need to step back for a while. I want to let you know that I've really enjoyed questing, raiding and grinding with all of you. I may pop in for a dungeon run here or there but my days as a "raider" are over.

As always, stay safe and be well.

“Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Re: Taking some time off

Bear, we've had numerous conversations on this so I completely understand where you are coming from. Sometimes a bit of time may be what's needed. Maybe when Blizz finally gets BC in order the time demands won't be as great. I'm sure I'll see you around in game :).
    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
    Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
    ...and other distractions of various levels.

I've put most of my thoughts in a PM....

I'll miss you, but I fully support your call to do what you need to do.

We'll keep a candle in the window for you!:)

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Good luck Bear hope to see ya back soon.

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
        Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
        Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

AW.... ill stop calling you snuggles....
          jk... i honor your choice... u talk about how steep the slope of advancement is in this game... even steeper is the slope between having fun.. and getting burnt out/ground into the ground

PS: you broke my 1337 postcount
          PPS: tell me if the sun still rises in the east and sets in the west...