This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BWL this weekend..

Edited... there is nothing to read here. go back to the forums and find a new discussion
    Last edited by Icsist; 11-06-2006, 07:09 PM.
    QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
    Nice remark guys.

Re: BWL this weekend..

What also works is not stating which zone your going to, just say "raid 7PM" or something like that, if turnout is good, hit bwl, if only 35ish show up, roll MC and let people know that yer not fooling around =P

First week may suck, but once people realize that they better show up or MC "may" happen for their omg epix, they start to show up.

This is coming from personal experience in Destined btw.

Comment

Or how about this... when we decide to run BWL, and people are late, not signed up , whatever, Let's see what we can put together before we start planning ZG or AQ. If you go into a raid like that thinking, "we're not going to get anywhere", we won't get anywhere. That was the only thing that annoyed me about this last weekend.
      And everyone complaining about poor attendance needs a reminder that Real Life should always come first. We are getting to the time of year when probably most of us want to be with our families. I imagine some folks will be taking more time off from raiding, for whatever reason. Just try to be kind to each other. Don't give people a hard time because they weren't online. It really may not be because of progress or the instance, but the timing.

I know I tend to ramble, and my opinions don't matter, but try not to blow me off entirely. :)

Comment

What's up with this thread? Seems like it started as a response to something... but there's nothing there. :icon_conf
        Ninja

Comment

Keliyise, I tend to troll forums alot during the day, mostly cause i have nothing better to do than sit in class. From what i've seen, people will go out of their way to make sure they can go to MC, but when bwl comes around, they kinda put it off to the side. Sure theres the folks that are gonna be with their families right now, and i honestly envy them. But this isnt a new factor thats just now come into play(the low attend). I also wish i had the freedom in my guild to raid when i feel like it and still be guilded =P

Comment

Originally posted by msheahen View Post
            What's up with this thread? Seems like it started as a response to something... but there's nothing there. :icon_conf
            Its a response to a question from god!

Actully no, im just bored.

Comment

Just a couple of things to keep in mind:

Not everyone that can go/does go to MC is attuned to BWL or has been cleared by a class leader (I know I want to watch how warlock new 60's/new to guild perform/behave in large raids before heading to BWL). We could end up with an attendance issue in the middle of a raid trying to fill the spots of those folks. And that would be just as frustrating.

Also everyone's opinions matter. That is why these forums exist.

Level 80 Warrior
              Level 74 Priest

Comment

(clears throat)

Beep was not there this past weekend because of RL Saturday and Sunday schedules...with another RL event for this coming Saturday (11/11/2006). It IS that time of year with active social calendars, but just so everyone knows...
                1. BWL is fun for me...it's "where it's at" for our guild now...and I REALLY want us to figure the place out.
                2. I'd rather be wiping in BWL and learning the fights than making the umpty-umpth MC clear. (No offense to those who are still gearing up there, but I run MC to support the guild...and continue my hope for the other Thunderfury Binding.)
                3. I hate to characterize BWL as a test, but...it's a test! It's the same as the one we got to take while mastering MC. It took weeks and months, but we now chatter about "boring MC"...what a transformation! We can do the same with BWL if we really try. Easy? No! Doable? Yes!!!
                Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by beep View Post
                  (clears throat)

Beep was not there this past weekend because of RL Saturday and Sunday schedules...with another RL event for this coming Saturday (11/11/2006). It IS that time of year with active social calendars, but just so everyone knows...
                  Yeah Beep your considered dependable, so none of this is / will ever be, directed towards you.. Its directed to the people that... well they knew who they are..

Im still gearing up in MC unfortanetly, but if we skip MC to do BWL, id be more than happy... I guess people dont understand that BWL has loot as well..

Also you say that some people havent been "cleared" from BWL, thats probably true, Im not sure, noone has cleared me for BWL but i still show up.. For the people that are not cleared for BWL, just sign up anyways and state that you are not cleared, at least that way we can see who wants to go, and the people that are "cleared" will just take presence over those that are not " cleared ".

Also yes I understand the whole family / RL thing... I own a business and there are many times that I just cant make it to a raid.. And there are other times where I leave work to raid, then go back into work around midnight after the raids over just to finish up some quotes / settlements, etc.. I cant call customers back at this time, but I get almost everything else down. Now Im not saying you should leave work or take a break from RL stuff to raid, Im just lucky enough to be able to do so.
                  Nice remark guys.

Comment

I think it would be good to note here, that Kel was at every raid this weekend and has been one of the regular BWL attendies, she wasn't justifying anything for herself, but trying to present the perspective that others might hold.
                    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Lets just lock this topic... Everyone gets the hint and i agree with Siulung.
                      Nice remark guys.

Comment

I don't think that's what he meant, Sajier. He's saying that those of us who do make RL sacrifices to make it to raids should ideally not be shafted with un-full raids and a wasted night. He's suggesting we open up recruiting and find enough people so we will more often have have full raids showing up.

As it stands, we've had two weekends in a row of backwards progress in BWL due to people not showing up. It's fine that people have stuff going on (I'm probably going to have to take some raids off soon, as well), but we should maybe consider structuring things so that we're not so dependent on this group of players who cannot consistently show up.

I don't know. I'm also tired of this debate. I just want to be able to go into BWL, kick butt, and have some fun. :)
                        Ninja

Comment

Let's be honest guys, with all the tension and stress lately, having a weekend off was the RIGHT thing.

We've been raiding EVERY WEEKEND for MONTHS! Having a weekend off isn't a bad thing, it's a well-needed rest!

Comment

I wouldn't disagree with that, Ark.
                            Ninja

Comment

Gav, I deleted my post because Suilung's post disappeared.
                              Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X