Battle rez.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle rez.

Im just curious why we will battle rez a priest if we need more healers up, instead of battle rezzing a druid who also has a battle rez up? In my opinion, the rezzed druid could battle rez another druid or the priest, and then we would have multiple healers up.
    QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
    Nice remark guys.

Re: Battle rez.

im sure if someone called to rez a priest.. they were unaware of a druid dead that had one... or spure of the moment... lack of time to think.. type of deal
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

it just seems to happen every raid, yes time is a factor, but usually when we call for them, its not that much of a factor.
      QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
      Nice remark guys.

Comment

When I lead, I almost always call for chain battle rezzes. This is why I randomly ask druids for a sitrep.

Comment

If you notice a RL is forgetting a druid then speak up before action is taken. Following someone off a cliff isnt always the best thing :)

Comment

There are proper channels for such things and it is to everyone's benefit to follow it.

Each class either has their own or a shared channel for their members.

Example: tghealers (priest/druids), tghunters (hunters), tgmages, etc etc

Overall its a good idea to not ignore this channel and post crucial information to it. So if a druid goes down it would be of use to them to tag a line to tghealers that they're down. This would let other druids and priests know they're working short one healer. If the RL calls for a Battle rez then there's a good reason for it and it should NOT be questioned by anyone except maybe the rezer and the person being rezed. Questioning and sorting out a problem with an 'on the spot' thing like a battle rez may delay the presence of a crucial member and make things worse.

BTW, not paying attention to the chat log isn't an excuse for not seeing someone saying they're down in it. Think about it, if you're dead than you've got nothing better to do (unless you're the RL) than looking at the log so you better notice a druid is down.

The last thing we need is the RL calling for a priest battle rez and 30 people chirping up that there's another druid who is down that could chain the rezing.

You also have to consider that the battle rez is on a 30 minute timer. Its better to have 2 good attempts with 1 battle rez each than 1 good attempt using 2 battle rez and a bad attempt without any. If the situation is pretty heavy in our favor then the RL may call for chain battle rezing to get as many people up to mop up as possible. If the situation is pretty dicey then they may call for only 1 battle rez in order to save the second for the next attempt.
            My sanity is not in question...
            It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
              You also have to consider that the battle rez is on a 30 minute timer. Its better to have 2 good attempts with 1 battle rez each than 1 good attempt using 2 battle rez and a bad attempt without any. If the situation is pretty heavy in our favor then the RL may call for chain battle rezing to get as many people up to mop up as possible. If the situation is pretty dicey then they may call for only 1 battle rez in order to save the second for the next attempt.
              This is the exact thinking process that I go through when choosing a priest over a druid. I also use DruidCom, so I can see which druids have rezzes and which ones don't.

On the same note, all Druids with a rez should occasionally look at the raid roster and notice which healers are down. Then, while you are doing your normal things, think who you would rez if you had to and where they are laying in the room. It saves alot of time if you stand near the body of those you think might need rezzing.

Comment

hmmm generally I thought at least when Ark raids he does call for chain battle rezzes. Can't count how many times I've heard "Talara rez Rhiessa, Rhiessa rez a priest"

Oh and I agree with Orion on the location thing, 90% of the time we spend more time looking for the body of who to rez then actually casting the rez. So, if you're down and the raid leader calls for a battle rez for you - pinging the map helps a ton :) It tells us where to be to be in range to rez you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kedera View Post
                  hmmm generally I thought at least when Ark raids he does call for chain battle rezzes. Can't count how many times I've heard "Talara rez Rhiessa, Rhiessa rez a priest"

Oh and I agree with Orion on the location thing, 90% of the time we spend more time looking for the body of who to rez then actually casting the rez. So, if you're down and the raid leader calls for a battle rez for you - pinging the map helps a ton :) It tells us where to be to be in range to rez you.
                  Agreed. Its hard to find people sometimes AFTER the fight much less when giant beasties are running around trying to bite your arms off. If you hear your name called out to be rez'd make sure you ping -- oh ya and make sure you're at your computer too (always helpful) :D.
                  Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                  Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                  ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

I called the Battle Rez last night, and I called for a priest.

I didn't take into account the string of resses. That was my bad, and I won't make the mistake again.
                    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

I also don't like wasting the rezzes if we are lookign shaky...it isn't a get-out-of-jail-free card.

Sometimes using only 1 rez is smart...

Comment

I really like these tactics posts.
                        Between all the whining and demands (from myself included) they're really a breath of fresh air.

Now, if we could get everyone to use the forums some of this great info. would get distributed and we'd be all the stronger for it.

As for Sajier's call for the battle rez, there was no time given the tactical situation to organize it through the chain of command, or typing it in chat, let alone making sure it was a drood chain. Most of the tanks were dead, people were getting conflagged, agg was shifting, and the situation was close to dire. In the end it ended up the proper call because we had enough healing anyways. And what happened??? A one-time.

Looking back Sajier, IMO your call was the best given the variables and I'm glad you did it. Keep doing it :)

"In the fog of battle one man cant do it alone"

p.s.
                        The Battle-Comms in that Razor fight were much improved. MTs were talking. MHealers were talking. Corners were communicating. People werent talking over eachother. Commands were short and sweet. In a sense, near-perfect. Of course, all this should automatically adjust dependent on RL and Dungeon.

Comment

Just a quick point on something I've seen referenced several times.

Unless I'm missing something, there's no reason to waste your time during a raid "looking for a body". That's a long and tedious way to find someone that could take precious minutes. We should all be using CTRaid, all you need to do is click on that toons pane and you should be able to cast your Battle Rez without ever looking for a body. To make it even faster, only look at the "DEAD" people! :)
                          “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Bear View Post
                            Just a quick point on something I've seen referenced several times.

Unless I'm missing something, there's no reason to waste your time during a raid "looking for a body". That's a long and tedious ways to find someone that could take precious minutes. We should all be using CTRaid, all you need to do is click on that toons pane and you should be able to cast your Battle Rez without ever looking for a body. To make it even faster, only look at the "DEAD" people! :)

Bear, you still have to be in range, so you have to know where the body is so you can get close enough. Assuming the person has not released you can then select off the party or CT_Raid windows.
                            Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                            Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                            ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistos View Post
                              Bear, you still have to be in range, so you have to know where the body is so you can get close enough. Assuming the person has not released you can then select off the party or CT_Raid windows.
                              Yes Pistos you're absolutely right, I didn't mention the in range issue. What selecting the character off the CT window will do to help though is put a nice big blue circle around the body which should help even more.
                              “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X