Blizzard confirms future rogue nerf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blizzard confirms future rogue nerf

"- +weapon skill was changed for a few reasons. First, it was "too good" point-for-point. However, we also made some slight improvements to +weapon skill to offset the nerf in order to maintain its use as the "best" stat you can get against a target 3 levels or higher than you, but not by as wide of a margin. In addition, we didn't want +weapon skill to affect glancing blows because glancing blows (along with crushing blows) are our sacrosanct protection against players fighting mobs they're simply not supposed to be fighting."

A lot of rogue complaints about this on the forums (up to page 11 last time I checked) as it appears to be a rather significant nerf to rogue dps during boss fights due to the inability to negate the glancing blow damage reduction.

I guess we'll have to see how it ultimately works out, but doesn't look good at the present time.

Re: Blizzard confirms future rogue nerf

Well it *is* pretty crazy that right now +10 weapon skill effectively eliminates the damage reduction of a glancing blow on any mob in the game. I guess a human sword-spec rogue with the the Twin Blades of Hakkari would be pretty pissed about this change. :)

Regardless, I'm not too worried about it. I have no + dagger skill, and I do just fine. :) Maybe I'll shed a tear or two once I get a [item]Death's Sting[/item].
    Ninja

Comment

Best thing i like about a druid is that they cant really nerf us due to the fact that were not really that good to start with
      QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
      Nice remark guys.

Comment

Originally posted by msheahen View Post
        Maybe I'll shed a tear or two once I get a [item]Death's Sting[/item].
        Holy Crap that is a sweet weapon !!!
        Candrice 63 Warrior
        Ricca 70 Rogue
        Machelle 70 Mage
        Enya 74 Druid

Comment

Damn straight. Too bad it's in the belly of the final boss in AQ40 (C'Thun). :(
          Ninja

Comment

It certainly WAS nice NEVER hitting a glancing blow with 313 2h sword skill with my OEB. Too bad that's being banked now :D

Comment

Originally posted by msheahen View Post
              Well it *is* pretty crazy that right now +10 weapon skill effectively eliminates the damage reduction of a glancing blow on any mob in the game. I guess a human sword-spec rogue with the the Twin Blades of Hakkari would be pretty pissed about this change. :)

Regardless, I'm not too worried about it. I have no + dagger skill, and I do just fine. :) Maybe I'll shed a tear or two once I get a [item]Death's Sting[/item].
              It's just seems odd considering the +weapon skill was a new talent in the most recent major patch along with the rogue review and now in the next major patch it gets nerfed to less than it was before. I guess it's a good thing I switched back to daggers, now I won't be worried about missing out on the easy human 310 swords:)

Comment

Yeah it is a bit odd, Aeryck. I mean, based on what they said, it'll still be a very nice stat to have... just not quite as good as it is now.
                Ninja

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X