DJing music in TG TS chat...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJing music in TG TS chat...

I was cirious if anyone knows if i am allowed to do this, and would you be interested? i have 200gigs of mp3s, with a wide variety. i mostly gear towards the underground ****, the artists that are very defined in thier craft, respected by many, and stand amount amongst the sea of garbage that is most of the music industry today. Indie rock, prog rock, eletronic,fusion, psy-trance,ambient, folk music, world music, (some)metal, video game music, choice movie soundtracks... and the list goes on.

While i know some would not agree with this, I personally enjoy muting the in game music and supplimenting my own. I detest repeditivness, so listening to the same soundtrack over and over again really gets on my nerves. you know...hours after you play WoW you hear the music in your head, or as your trying to go to sleep...its aggrovating!..and plus, its nice to every now and then turn on the in game music and enjoy it, because i do appreciate it(although i wished the tracks were MUCH longer than they are).

Some ideas...for PvP music i like to have faster pace music with rythm and beat that helps me keep focus. be it powerful orchestra's, metal or intelligent, mind bening eletronic music, it certainly can flow very well with in game action. I coud also stick strickly to adventure, ambient and orchestrated type music if you think it would be best liked among the peoples with thier World of Warycraftfulness.

I'm open to all comments and suggestions, requests, poll ideas, you name it! it would be my pleasure to enhance your gaming experience with adding a heaping dash of sexy sound to your fun plate!

Self-proclaimed promised recruit,
    Aaron

Re: DJing music in TG TS chat...

The problem with that, is it distracts people from listening to instructions in TS.. Personally i just have the TV on, i never watch it, but its still on.
    QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
    Nice remark guys.

Comment

Our historic rule is for no music over TS.

It's hard enough to hear instructions at times, so music adds to the "clutter" that interferes with comprehension.

As a note of personal preference, I mute the ingame music so I can hear all the sound cues/clues as to what is happening around me.
      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Basic answer is no broadcasting. I do the same as you and mute my in-game music andn supplement my own....especially PvP when I'm not with other TG'ers barking orders. It puts me in the zone.

Comment

I personally have a little 4-channel mixer that I run my computer and IPod through into my headphones that way I can listen to music while playing and have the ability to easily adjust volume of either TS or the music depending on what's going on by just hitting the mixer bars.
          Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
          Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
          ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

So cheating! :)

Seriously you need to show me where you got that Pistos, cause I would like to do the same thing.
            Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Radio Shack baby! It does end up with more wires running all over the place... i hate wires.

Think it cost like 30 or 40 bucks. Just a simple 4 channel stereo sound mixer. Have to make sure you get the right wires. You want the RCA on one side and your standard audio plug on the other. Run Input 1 from your headphone jack on your computer. Run Input 2 from your headphone jack on your Ipod. Run Output from the mixer to your headphones.

Easy as pie... mmmm pie.
              Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

The best way

Ok guys... dont be so quick to dispute this idea.
                Of course, we cant broadcast on TS during raids - that's a given.

I brought a similar topic up in the past (not on forums though) as we had DJing in our Mxo (matrix online) guild. This never got broadcast over TS of course, but simply through the web. Actually, a former guildie of mine used to run the famous SuprNovaRadio station.

There are many freeware sites where you can set up your own i-net radio station. They're a LOT of fun.

Having a TG_Radio online station would be just... just... BANGIN! I used to dabble in it a bit, but I lost all my files in a wipe.

Alas, I've got too much going on right now to put it together.

Basically how it works is you have an uploadable Mp3 database that gets put into a special web-app (online jukebox). You can then talk alongside and have it stream to users, etc. There are a variety of ways you can do this. If you're really interested just start googling.

Usually you'll have a schedule of TG_DJs who can man the station if they feel like it for fun. When no one's manning it a Bot can take over. It's really not all that hard, just requires a decent host... I'm sure someone in the guild could probably host it for free, or maybe Apo, or a third party for next to nothing - again, google it... things have changed a lot in the past few years so I'm sure pricing is different.

Anyways, I believe TG is big enough considering all the games the community supports to have its own radio station. Think of it; we could have shout-outs, call-ins, emails, contests, and give updates on scrims, raids, player advancement, etc. All the while having our own custom pwnage soundtrack (tactically oriented of course, i dont think most folk music would fit the theme). It would be truly awesome.

So lets put our heads together and make it happen.

Comment

Re: The best way

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
                  Ok guys... dont be so quick to dispute this idea.
                  Of course, we cant broadcast on TS during raids - that's a given.

I brought a similar topic up in the past (not on forums though) as we had DJing in our Mxo (matrix online) guild. This never got broadcast over TS of course, but simply through the web. Actually, a former guildie of mine used to run the famous SuprNovaRadio station.

There are many freeware sites where you can set up your own i-net radio station. They're a LOT of fun.

Having a TG_Radio online station would be just... just... BANGIN! I used to dabble in it a bit, but I lost all my files in a wipe.

Alas, I've got too much going on right now to put it together.

Basically how it works is you have an uploadable Mp3 database that gets put into a special web-app (online jukebox). You can then talk alongside and have it stream to users, etc. There are a variety of ways you can do this. If you're really interested just start googling.

Usually you'll have a schedule of TG_DJs who can man the station if they feel like it for fun. When no one's manning it a Bot can take over. It's really not all that hard, just requires a decent host... I'm sure someone in the guild could probably host it for free, or maybe Apo, or a third party for next to nothing - again, google it... things have changed a lot in the past few years so I'm sure pricing is different.

Anyways, I believe TG is big enough considering all the games the community supports to have its own radio station. Think of it; we could have shout-outs, call-ins, emails, contests, and give updates on scrims, raids, player advancement, etc. All the while having our own custom pwnage soundtrack (tactically oriented of course, i dont think most folk music would fit the theme). It would be truly awesome.

So lets put our heads together and make it happen.

The idea of TG Radio is pretty cool...
                  Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

I admit i was the first one to dispute this, but... like normal I agree with Siulung. It sounds pretty cool
                    Nice remark guys.

Comment

Pfft...there hasn't been any really good music composed since about 1750...:icon20:
                      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by beep View Post
                        Pfft...there hasn't been any really good music composed since about 1750...:icon20:
                        back when Beep was just a meer little child. :)
                        Nice remark guys.

Comment

Originally posted by beep View Post
                          I'd have to almost agree with you... although the classical genre still goes strong today.

Imagine fighting Rags to Gustav Holst "The Planets"... specifically Mars :O

That would be intense...

Or how bout kiting Razor to "Flight of the Bumblebees"? :)

Comment

I can finally say that I disagree with you on something Siu
                            Last edited by Icsist; 11-15-2006, 03:06 PM.
                            Nice remark guys.

Comment

TG Radio would be something you'd probably have to clear with Apophis, not the TG WoW guild.
                              RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X