Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expansion Talents!! (mage questions/ ideas)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expansion Talents!! (mage questions/ ideas)

lol.. for those who know me and my everlasting wanting to change the tallents... this is a rough subject for me. I'm stuck between a dragon breath/frost , Water element/arc, Fire heavy/Arc-PoM spec. I've decided "slow" is downright dreadfull for it's mana cost and the fact that every class can just poof it away in some form or another, so that went out the window. I'm also thinking of a arcane spec upto the 50% more crit dmg and Arcane Power/ heavy fire......twood be verrrrrrrry interesting to see a 3k+ critting pryo flying around 8)

Fire interests:
    - I LOVE the new Blazing Speed ability from the new fire tree... fire just found a way to kite with it o-O *nova-blastwave-Blazing speed-CoC* .

- I've personaly seen what a good dragons breath can do.. its just mean I tell you, though I dont' know how good it will be in PvE/ grinding just yet.

- I also love the mechanics of Improved scorch-impact-ignite. Theres a certain satisfaction you get when you crit with a 2200 fireball. Granted a frost bolt can easily match that with the right spec.. but where as a frost bolt will do 2000-2200, the fire ball will get the 2200+80-90natural DoT+ 880(40% of 2200 ignite)DoT=total 3170 dmg in that single spell in about 4sec. Nm if it impacts... ok enough of that...we won't even get into PoM

- Right now I figure I got about roughly 402+spell dmg with fire.... so it would get quite interesting in expan.

Frost interests:
    - can anyone say KITE? O_O Good grief the Water elemental gets a castable ranged frost nova thats about double the AOE range of our own frost nova! very uberly nifty! The down side is that the elemental only lasts 45 sec on a 3min cool down. Not tooo bad though I would have liked at least a 1 min duration of the summon for a 3 min cool down and an arcane powder :/. We'll see.

- Frost casts faster in general and the frosties wil be getting Ice lance (have seen this crit for 1800-1900 in decent frost gear)! It adds up fast and makes for good kitting ;)

- Right now I figure I have about 355-365 +spell dmg in frost spec

Though once the expan comes out i'm just gonna be doing pvp/ pve grinding alot. Of course the smaller new instances are a friggin treat! I love the small scale (20-10man) instances :) so much more relaxing- more of a challenge with just the few people's skillz involved....
    so though I love the impact/ignite functions of fire... sometimes it's hard to argue with frost's control :/ ... any mage input out there? XD

(fyi I should be running around with a lvl 60 warlock alot too.. I > WILL < be getting my little brothers warlock to 60 before expan o-o)

~Starrocketer
    Last edited by Starrocketer; 11-15-2006, 10:44 AM.

Re: Expansion Tallents!! (mage questions/ ideas)

Star did i see you had a +19 FR ring on the AH yesterday? If it didnt sell let me know I want to buy it.

As for your talents in the mage class, i wouldnt have a clue sorry, all i can do is heal. I dont even know what my feral buttons do.
    QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
    Nice remark guys.

Comment

Ya I've never played a mage past level 2 so I really doubt I'd be much help.
      Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
      Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
      ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

lol yeah that ring did sell last night icist :/ I didn't even know that you had bid on it or anything :P lol if i come acrossed anymore fire resist stuffs i'll be sure to pm ya in game or sumthin, sorry man >.<

on another note...

*grab pistos and aim like a cannon at icist*
        *squeeze pistos*
        /SMITE /SMITE /SMITE /HANDSLAP

a drood not knowing thier buttons besides the ones the make flashy green lines around everything?!?!?!
        /smite!

ok you need to step away from the healage for a spell o-O dont' even have to respec realy just go out there and do some pve! or come into a UBRS or something odd like that with me and some peeps and attack for a change! you might like it ;) I've had to duel resto druids before even.. they hurt..very muchly so. Ok more laters off to class!

Comment

Re: Expansion Talents!! (mage questions/ ideas)

If it takes a mage longer than 45 seconds to kill something that he is trying to solo, you are fighting the wrong mobs :)
          Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

well i should probably rephrase that. I know all my buttons unless I shapeshift. I know that a druid can be a hell of a damage dealer and off tank.. Look at Talara. But If i want to damage ill just log on my warrior.

Im flat out garbage when it comes to soloing due to the fact that ive really never had to.. If i need to kill something Ill just box the hunter and druid and pet tank.. Ill throw the occasional moonfire and insects, might root some and moonfire, but 99% of the time Ill just heal.. I enjoy that better.
            Nice remark guys.

Comment

this is my thoughts on shapeshifting

Bear Form.... when i need to cross through some lava.
              Cat Form... when i know im about to take a big fall.

yep thats about it.
              Nice remark guys.

Comment

Starrocketer, just to push you more towards Arcane like me;
                in patch 1.13 not only will crit% get a boost, but channeled spells in general will get more damage boost from +dmg modifiers. :)

As for your 3K pyroblast.. in my current spec with substandard gear I can get 3k fireballs. 500+/bolt arc missiles are also common.

I can nearly guarantee you that I'll leapfrog some people in dmg when the patch arrives. I have plans for full-on mind mastery and imp. arc. missiles.. :)

Caveat: you HAVE to set your gear to the arcane style of play, meaning more dmg and less stats. With the new tree though, Intellect will be the key for the arcane tree and actually adding +int enchants may be better then +dmg... we shall see

Comment

I can see it already... The only thing were gonna hear on TS now is...

Raid Leader - "For Christ sakes will somebody rez Siulung AGAIN.."

Siu - "Umm excuse me guys but does anyone have a repair bot?"
                  Nice remark guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Icsist View Post
                    I can see it already... The only thing were gonna hear on TS now is...

Raid Leader - "For Christ sakes will somebody rez Siulung AGAIN.."

Siu - "Umm excuse me guys but does anyone have a repair bot?"
                    nah... arcane subtlety keeps me alive
                    Lately, I have been whining about salv though - which is kinda cool.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X