Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chair... to get you in the mood

Here are some pictures from my treecam.

This buck has been in shooting distance for me 3 times this year bow hunting, but was never able to get off a shot.

this is the phantom buck.. We get pictures of it all the time but noone in the area has ever seen this deer.. We have been tracking it for 3 years now. This is a picture from last year in full velvet yet.. This year is has splits on its G2 and a drop tine on the right side. All in all I think its damn close to 200". Im guessing that if we dont shoot it this year its gonna go down hill..

Shot this one over the weekend... Thats why i was a few minutes late getting to the raid.. Had to track this big pig.

This was a picture from about 2 months ago.. the date / time is wrong on it i know.

Good luck with the hunt there in Pope.. I dont have any pictures of my Pope cty deer on my work computer or i could post some of those monsters as well.
    QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
    Nice remark guys.

Re: Chair... to get you in the mood

Do you guys use treecams at all Chair?
    Nice remark guys.

Comment

Deer of that age and size are rarely seen in the daylight. They've lived through enough hunting seasons to know better!

The biggest bucks on our farm used to literally crawl into the thickest scrub apple patches during the day and only come out at night. We had a monster that was almost black in color as was at least 14 points. We used to see him all summer but never once during deer season.
      “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

must be alot of swamp area there if its black in color. Yeah deer are pretty smart animals, thats why bow season is so long.. Gun season is a bit different cause everyone cheats and sets up drives.
        Nice remark guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Icsist View Post
          must be alot of swamp area there if its black in color. Yeah deer are pretty smart animals, thats why bow season is so long.. Gun season is a bit different cause everyone cheats and sets up drives.
          Yes there is some swampland but suprisingly not as much as you'd think. We attributed the color to age!

As for the "monster", the stuff he'd crawl into wasn't something any sane human would be willing to try and drive through. Some spots were so dense a raccoon couldn't have gotten through.
          “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

i had 2 digital tree cams on my property in wisc... along with a climer stand... they were ripped off this past fall =( so i dont have one right now.. but ill try to find the card that was full of some NICE pics.. the only buck worthy of mentioning was a 10pt just outside the ears.. 8" or so tines... i hope to have it on my wall next weekend =D