Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blizz bans botters en-masse

Hi guys,

Dont know if any of you have ever seen this but it seems Bliizard has finally got the upper hand on botters using a certain program.
    From reading their forum it looks like we are gonna have a serious reduction in bots :D
    http://forums.wowglider.com/viewtopic.42500

I am so surprised at how many guilds have lost a lot of people...
    If anyone you know has mysteriously dissapeared in the last few days...
    This may be the reason :(
    and they dont have to have been bottin recently from reading their forum..it seems jus once was enough !
    I have read a lot on your US forums about supposed linux users getting banned cos they used a win emulator to play WOW as well..now that would kinda suck ! !
    Well looks like some EU and US realms are gonna be a lot less laggy 2nite
    :)
    also this one about a certain UI ! http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=1#19
    Last edited by Just G; 11-15-2006, 12:33 PM. Reason: added a link

Re: Blizz bans botters en-masse

yeah I learned my lesson from using a fish bot recently. Good thing i had a business trip during my suspension.. No more botting for me.
    QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
    Nice remark guys.

Comment

i just cant believe how many of those people are whingin and whining though..If they dont wanna lose their account ...dont cheat !
      plain & simple :P

Comment

Ok, how does Botting work? I have never used one, so I am not sure what it would do.
        Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Take fishing for example. You go park your toon near the water, hit the program and watch your guy cast, right click the bobber, put the catch in your bags, and recast to repeat...all while you were getting a soda.

Comment

Well, that makes sense that people are getting banned then.
            Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

You can also notice them by having a level 60 farming in a level 45-55 area that runs around until somoething aggros him/her, then they turn and shoot the same 2 spells over and over until the mob is dead, go loot, then run around some more...in straight lines and will keep running until the location they are in changes (different location name)...then they turn around and run til they are hit.

Comment

well there are a few different kinds of bots... I USE to use a Fishbot.. What that did is it would automatically cast for me.. Use a Autoit program to automatically move my cursor over my bobber, when the bobber went down it would click on it and automatically loot it, then the loop would start over...

The program that is mentioned in this post is a program called wowglider.. What that would do is you would go to a certain zone.. Lets say Azshara.. Then you would click a button to start your loop route.. When you do that, you would control your character in a certain area that you want to fight in and make a big circle until you get back to the area you started your loop.. Then you would click the end loop button. Then when you click on the actual start loop button it would automatically control your character in the same route that you just set up, killing anything that got in your way and automatically looting them.. When your low in health it would heal you, if your low on mana it would drink, etc... basically it just plays for you continuously running around in the same path... If you do happen to die, the program could automatically run you to your corpse.. Scan the area and rez you if there are no mobs around.. If mobs were around it would venture you off the course enough to rez you and then would continue back on its path... If your armor gets damaged it would find the nearest place to fix your armor for you then take you back to your route.. Pretty simple program..

BTW I have never nor will I ever use this program, Im just telling you how it works... Also Blizzard is very aware of this program and it is easily detected..

There are other bots out there, like speed hacks, teleport hacks, auto herbalism, auto mining, etc...

Do not try this or you will lose your account..
                Nice remark guys.

Comment

So there are people who pay Blizzard NOT to play?

Wow...
                  My sanity is not in question...
                  It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

So is Fishing Buddy or Fish Ease a bot?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre Six View Post
                      So is Fishing Buddy or Fish Ease a bot?
                      I dont believe Fishing Buddy is a bot as it is an addon that doesnt fish for you, but i have not heard of fish ease so wont comment on that one.

Comment

No thats not a fish bot.. The bot i use to use I had to actually window out of wow to turn it on.
                        Nice remark guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post

So there are people who pay Blizzard NOT to play?

Wow...
                          To not play tediously.

And it's somewhat like buying Half-Life and using the cheat code to skip a hard boss so you can get to the next level. If the only person cheated out of the experience is the player himself, I don't see a moral issue with it. This is a case of the artist/publisher not wanting their work viewed in other than their desired way. I find it frustrating and see it as a good reason to look hard for other games.

Blizzard's ban of Cedega users is apparently a mistake:

http://transgaming.org/
                          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Actually...that's the wrong example Scratch. It'd be like buying HL and using a cheat code to build things faster as the engineer on Team Fortress. Its a way for someone to amass something for little effort and have a modest affect on the community as a whole.

Example:
                            20 people fish for [item]Stonescale Eel[/item]. They each catch 20 and sell them for 1g each. You have 400 eels on the market for a commerce of about 1g each.

20 people fish for [item]Stonescale Eel[/item] and 1 person uses a bot. Each of the 20 catch 20 and sell them for 1g each while the botter catches 100 over the course of several hours while he's out at the movies and sells them for 75s each. As a result all 400 of the regular caught eel don't sell and the botter makes 75g. Why? When people see something at a lower price they are no longer willing to buy it at a higher price unless desperate. That's why people dislike undercutters and inflaters so much. When someone uses a bot to amass a good to sell at a lower price you cheapen the effort everyone who doesn't use a bot. If I spend 10 minutes at the computer watching that stupid lure for my 1g of eel then why does someone who use a bot and catch things while they go out and see a movie get all the money for little effort?

That's why botters are considered cheating...not because they bypass content as ment to be seen.
                            My sanity is not in question...
                            It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Your example ignores both alternative income sources and consumers of your eels. It reflects a dynamic change in the system that transiently forces eel farmers to switch to a new income source. It's the change, not the ultimately low price, that causes you grief. And at the same time, it's a welcome boon to those who consume eels.

It's particularly relevant to me right now because my Horde engineer is a regular consumer of [item]Copper Bar[/item] to make a lucrative Horde quest item that I sell on the AH. I hate to farm and there's a severe shortage of that item on my server, so I'm having to encourage miners to go out and get more of it so prices will come down. I suspect that Blizzard banned a bunch of farmer bots, and this ultimately results in making my quest item much less affordable for the masses.
                              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X