Help on returning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on returning

So I've decided after some good long time off to come to WoW again. I still have my old characters, but, I'l confess I really don't know much about where/what to do in the game.

I would say for 95% of the time i'f been playing both characters without any sight of other people, so my strategies and talent distribution are probably suspect for any kind of grouping, as well as general not-knowing what constitutes a good build (I've abhored PvP twinking, etc ever since playing diablo 2 and don't really like cookiecutter builds. Seems in d2 if you were a sorc you were a metorb MF sorc or nothing..) In addition, it's probably my time frame for playing (11-3 or 4 AM practically every day, only having monday and wednesday off which are suspect to change)

I currently have a level 25 dwarf priest and a 16 human paladin. For some reason I like playing the paladin a lot more.. he just seems easier and more fun to run compared to my 4-hits-and-he's-dead, running through areas spamming mindsoothe and PWS priest.. ;)

I'd like input on my talent distribution though, seeing as my healing and damage are very hit or miss on my priest depending on the organization of the rest of the group in deadmines (warriors, mages, and rogue? no problem! 1 tank and a hunter? prepare for wipes during Mr. Smite and vancleef as you can't take any aggro off me..) (only instance i've ever been in. i waited 3 hours for someone to group for blackfathom and got noone) He's got
    5 spirit tap
    5 blackout
    1 shadow affinity
    1 improved shadow word pain
    1 improved mind blast
    1 mindflay
    2 wand specialization

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Re: Help on returning

The nice thing about the Blizz talents is that there are always choices and options for how to go. Personally, when I was leveling my priest I spent every point I had up until 40 in the shadow tree to get Shadowform. Mindflay was my favorite spell and still the thing I miss most about being a shadow priest. That is how I would recommend going since you can still be a very effective healer while you group (for quests or instances) plus you have alot more power for running around by yourself. The damage reduction you get from Shadowform makes it very effective for soloing and it looks cool as hell too. Again, this is just my opinion and I don't think its the only effective way to go... here is how I would spend the 16 points (and the order I'd put them in):

5/5 Spirit Tap
    2/2 Imp. SW:P
    3/5 Blackout
    1/1 Mind Flay
    5/5 Imp. Mind Blast

Having never played a Pally I can't really speak to that toon. But I'm sure Ark will talk to you about his "uber-dps" build. ;)
    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
    Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
    ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Re: Help on returning

Heh. Currently he's mostly a turtler, with high (imo, but.. i play a squishy, so 400 armor is high ;)) armor and a decent slow axe and a 7 block shield. He does do good against 2-3 lowish level creatures at a time and i've sent him up and destroyed a few things that were at his level and a bit higher, but I wouldn't send him tanking just yet. Mostly my talents have been in the protection tree, as when i'm in battlegrounds, etc, people want me to just sling blessings and form a meatshield for the flag instead of persue, etc so he has 5 in devotion aura and 2 in guardian's blessing (which i also use on myself to give me a second immune-fest for running away)

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
      <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
      DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X